Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » Request: Global Pause key
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Request: Global Pause key [message #3353] Thu, 13 March 2014 04:03 Go to next message
ReyVGM  [PM]
Hello.

I searched the FAQ but I didn't see any info about a pause option. So, I'm requesting for a global pause key to be added, if it's possible.

Preferably one enabled by pressing the Space key. Or at least give users the option to assign the key anywhere.

And just in case, the ability to take snapshots while paused is appreciated. (Some emulators don't let you take snapshots while paused.)

Thanks in advance.
Re: Request: Global Pause key [message #3354 is a reply to message #3353 ] Thu, 13 March 2014 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Just use frame advance(ALT+A) and run(ALT+R).
Re: Request: Global Pause key [message #3357 is a reply to message #3353 ] Sat, 15 March 2014 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ReyVGM  [PM]
Yeah, I know about that, thanks. But that method is only mildly helpful. A regular 1-key pause option would be better.
Re: Request: Global Pause key [message #3358 is a reply to message #3353 ] Sat, 15 March 2014 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Tell me more about what you'd use it for.
Re: Request: Global Pause key [message #3359 is a reply to message #3353 ] Sun, 16 March 2014 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ReyVGM  [PM]
Just normal gameplay. Sometimes I have to quickly pause a game where it wouldn't normally let you pause so that I could make a save state or something else.

I mean, the frame advance method works, but it is not very practical having to press 2 keys to pause and then 2 different keys to unpause.

Personally, I always set the global pause key to the space key on every emulator. It's a big hard to miss key Smile
Re: Request: Global Pause key [message #3360 is a reply to message #3353 ] Mon, 17 March 2014 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
There won't be a pause key added per-se in the near future, but for the next bugfix revision/release, you'll be able to map both "frame advance" and "run" functions to the same key and have it function as if it were a single-press (un)pause key.
Re: Request: Global Pause key [message #3365 is a reply to message #3353 ] Wed, 19 March 2014 09:42 Go to previous message
ReyVGM  [PM]
Excellent. If I'll be able to do that, then that's as good as a stand-alone pause key Smile

Thanks!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Med3DV - Virtual Boy NVIDIA 3D Vision Viewer (win32)
Next Topic:Experimental 64-bit Windows build.
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 11:28:58 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.