Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » Mednafen v0.9.36.3 compiled for Mac OS X
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Mednafen v0.9.36.3 compiled for Mac OS X [message #3653] Fri, 08 August 2014 14:36 Go to next message
rrshier  [PM]
Since I have the process figured out, I thought I would try to continue the mac builds. Here is a Mac OS X compiled version of mednafen v0.9.36.3.

Included is the above by itself, and another file with mednafen v0.9.36.3 included with NekoLauncher v0.9.36.2.

Re: Mednafen v0.9.36.3 compiled for Mac OS X [message #3657 is a reply to message #3653 ] Sat, 09 August 2014 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isynx  [PM]
Thank you for you hard work! I haven't succeeded in compiling it since 10.9, always recursion error...
Would you mind sharing your figured out process? Anyway, nice job and thanks again:)
Re: Mednafen v0.9.36.3 compiled for Mac OS X [message #3701 is a reply to message #3653 ] Thu, 11 September 2014 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vanillaGamer  [PM]
Thanks so much for this!

I'd like to second a request for a detailed description of your method for compiling, as I've been having a hell of a time getting it to work.

That is, if you'd be so kind as to share. ;D

Cheers!

[Updated on: Tue, 24 March 2015 13:11]

Re: Mednafen v0.9.36.3 compiled for Mac OS X [message #3726 is a reply to message #3657 ] Tue, 07 October 2014 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rrshier  [PM]
Beginning with "installMednafenMac.sh" file:

I noticed that the first 3 export lines were un-necessary.

If I am remembering correctly, the ruby line was un-necessary also. After that, for the first time trying to compile, I went through each line separately and manually (this installed the proper version of GCC as well as the libcdio, libsndfile, and ddl libraries).

After the first time through, now all I do is manually download the latest source to a directory I know, and run

./configure
make
make install clean

Hope this helps,
Ryan
Re: Mednafen v0.9.36.3 compiled for Mac OS X [message #3729 is a reply to message #3726 ] Wed, 08 October 2014 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vanillaGamer  [PM]
Thanks a lot! Will you continue to post new builds as they become available?

[Updated on: Tue, 24 March 2015 13:12]

Re: Mednafen v0.9.36.3 compiled for Mac OS X [message #3730 is a reply to message #3729 ] Wed, 08 October 2014 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rrshier  [PM]
Im going to try Smile
Re: Mednafen v0.9.36.3 compiled for Mac OS X [message #3732 is a reply to message #3653 ] Tue, 14 October 2014 00:55 Go to previous message
dshadoff  [PM]
I was curious whether your target group is casual users, or only developers ?

Note that I (currently) don't have XCode or anything special loaded into my Mavericks MacBook Pro Retina, and I had issues with getting these binaries to run.

I tried the Nekolauncher, and found the following:
Quote:

Mednafen has encountered a problem.
Error 5 occurs!
Please refer to 'Log window'

When I hit the "Log Window" Button, another window popped up with the following contents:

Quote:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/davidshadoff/Downloads/Mednafen v0.9.36.3 & NekoLauncher v0.9.36.2/NekoLauncher Mednafen.app/Contents/Resources/mednafen
Reason: image not found

A separate issue also seemed to pop up - it looks like it tries to run Mednafen without a config file. This may be because the SDL loading issue may not be handled correctly... NekoLauncher never states "installing" as it says it will in the documentation.

The specific messages there are:
"Launcher has encountered a problem"

Quote:

Failed to initialize the configString
Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file “mednafen-09x.cfg” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file." UserInfo=0x608000267f00 {NSFilePath=/Users/davidshadoff/.mednafen/mednafen-09x.cfg, NSUnderlyingError=0x60800025c920 "The operation couldn’t be completed. No such file or directory"}

...I understand that you may be able to package SDL into the app as part of a framework, if your target audience isn't just developers with XCode and SDL installed...

...But then again, I haven't been using a Mac for very long, and perhaps it's me who is doing something wrong here... ? Let me know.

-Dave

[Updated on: Tue, 14 October 2014 07:32]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MODE button for SEGA/Genesis?
Next Topic:Medafen v0.9.36.4 for Mac OS X
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Thu May 2 04:04:19 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.