Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Bugs » PSX bugs reports
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6163 is a reply to message #6160 ] Thu, 30 April 2020 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
dapope wrote on Thu, 30 April 2020 03:11

Final Fantasy VII (USA). There is at least one FMV in which the audio seems unable to play the intended sound effect and plays a crackling sound instead.

I am unable to reproduce this issue in unmodified FF7.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6164 is a reply to message #6163 ] Thu, 30 April 2020 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dapope  [PM]
Yes, I've just tested it myself and this is true. My apologies. No idea why a translation patch would screw up the sound in this way. This is the link to the patch: https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=19709. Anyone have any insights?
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6170 is a reply to message #6164 ] Fri, 01 May 2020 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThereIsNothing  [PM]
dapope wrote on Thu, 30 April 2020 19:59

Yes, I've just tested it myself and this is true. My apologies. No idea why a translation patch would screw up the sound in this way. This is the link to the patch: https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=19709. Anyone have any insights?

You better ask on that site. From my experience I can tell that this is not the only game that was broken by fan translation. Often these patches are either not tested at all on real hardware, or tested pretty superficially, or even totally incompetently made, when people don't fully understand the hardware and mess up the code in such a way that it will only work on some specific emulator.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6297 is a reply to message #1786 ] Mon, 21 September 2020 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AmaryllisXXX  [PM]
Hi everyone, I would like to report a bug for Dragon Ball: Final Bout, but I have seen that it has already been partially reported so I would just like to add a detail.

Administrator wrote on Sun, 08 August 2010 21:43

Known issues with games as of 1.24.1 (TODO, still some that need to be confirmed and added)

Dragon Ball GT - Final Bout - Locks up when trying to fight Frieza or Piccolo.

It has been reported that the game locks up when trying to fight Frieza or Piccolo but the characters are actually fine, it seems the issue lies in their stage. Both characters share the same stage and Mednafen always locks up when loading that stage. You can play the characters fine outside that stage, but that means Player 2 can never play Frieza and Piccolo, and you can't fight CPU Frieza and Piccolo either so this makes the game somewhat unplayable because the game can crash anytime...

Please fix this issue when possible. Thanks!
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6313 is a reply to message #1786 ] Fri, 16 October 2020 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ponch  [PM]
World Soccer Winning Eleven 2002 (Japan)

When playing World Soccer Winning Eleven 2002 (Japan) (And any mod made with it as a base) using standalone mednafen, the game loads fine, exhibition games can be played, but when trying to play any other mode (League, cup, master league) the program gets stuck in black screen after loading the league game.

Also tested on retroach using Beetle-PSX and the same happens, but instead of just getting a black screen, retroarch crashes after a couple seconds.

Just out of curiosity tried also with pcsx_rearmed, and the same crash happens. Seems something funky is happening behind that load screen.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1297&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=1298&private=0

• Attachment: 1.png
    (Size: 619.52KB, Downloaded 2302 time(s))

• Attachment: 2.png
    (Size: 142.27KB, Downloaded 2284 time(s))

Insufficient Reverb [message #6317 is a reply to message #1786 ] Sun, 25 October 2020 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vanvan  [PM]
Mednafen 1.25.0 doesn't have the same level of reverb as Playstation.
Comparison video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WQwU6zHUOQ
Please, use Headphones.

Thank you.

Neither Enemy Nor Friend...
Re: Insufficient Reverb [message #6318 is a reply to message #6317 ] Sun, 25 October 2020 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
vanvan wrote on Sun, 25 October 2020 07:10

Mednafen 1.25.0 doesn't have the same level of reverb as Playstation.
Comparison video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WQwU6zHUOQ
Please, use Headphones.

Thank you.

Why does the text in that video alternate between Japanese and English?
Re: Insufficient Reverb [message #6319 is a reply to message #6318 ] Mon, 26 October 2020 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vanvan  [PM]
The japanese is used in real system and the usa version for emulation. The problem I've reported happen in all version. Pal as well.

Neither Enemy Nor Friend...
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6333 is a reply to message #5794 ] Mon, 09 November 2020 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alien Grey  [PM]
You can fix this issue by using bin/cue cd images.

I own both games as originals so it was easy for me to try different cd images and it looks like the issue is ccd/sub/img images for these games.

I don't know why but I think it's the sub channel data causing this issue. I also had this issue with an other emulator but an eBoot made from the same ccd/sub/img image did work without issues with that emulator.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6364 is a reply to message #1786 ] Sun, 03 January 2021 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seznam88  [PM]
Hello,
I ran into a bug in the original Tomb Raider USA version (v1.0).
When you grab a part of the scion in the fourth level - Tomb of Qualopec, music should start, but it doesn't and when I try to pause the game at this point the game freezes and I can't do anything.
I tried it in mednafen 1.26.1, 1.26.0, 1.24.0, 1.22.2 and 0.9.44.1.
The only version that works fine with music and you can pause the game is 0.9.44.1.
Every other version I tried has the same bug.
Here's a mcm file I recorded of the bug and a memory card, which has a save file just before the section where you grab the artifact. (There are many other saves on the MC, you can ignore them.)

Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6365 is a reply to message #6364 ] Sun, 03 January 2021 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Looks like it broke in 1.22.0. Could have sworn I tested for this sort of issue with Tomb Raider back when I made the code changes that caused this regression...
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6490 is a reply to message #5988 ] Mon, 12 July 2021 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tidegear  [PM]
ThereIsNothing wrote on Thu, 07 November 2019 15:40

In Brahma Force voice sometimes cuts off prematurely. Load from this memory card and right at the beginning of the level there will be audio which suffers from this issue. It doesn't happen for every such case in the game, only at some points. I tested this game in other emulators and only Xebra has this exact issue, ePSXe, PCSXR and even no$psx work fine.

I can confirm this is still an issue. More detail...

There's a rendered cutscene (not FMV) where I noticed the audio is cut off as the voice is saying "at the end of the" and it stops. Here it is not being cut off on real hardware: [https://youtu.be/VAuWECnbo-Y?t=8736](https://youtu.be/VAuWECnbo-Y?t=8736) I have attached my save file right before this cutscene plays.) Just load that save. After the loading screen, it's after the FMV of the mecha taking the elevator, which you can skip with start.

This happens on stock Mednafen on my PC. It also happens on the Beetle PSX libretro core on my PC (using the interpreter) and the Beetle PSX libretro core on my Galaxy s20 Ultra (using Cycle Timing Check).

Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6511 is a reply to message #6490 ] Tue, 24 August 2021 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAuser12  [PM]
Hi, just wanted to say that the startup-reverb issue is not limited to Nightmare Creatures.

Disney's Tarzan is another example where you can hear the reverb continue for about 20 seconds after the startup (it plays through the Disney Logo and beyond, until the menu music finally loads). I've noticed it in dozens of games, mostly depending on how fast they load the menu music.

Reproduced on the most recent 1.27.1

• Attachment: game.cue
    (Size: 0.20KB, Downloaded 28 time(s))

Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6512 is a reply to message #6490 ] Tue, 24 August 2021 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAuser12  [PM]
In the game ZXE-D Legend of the Plasmalites, you can't play the game unless you plug in a special memory card. However, the game instructs you that you can press Start to cancel. But the game is unresponsive.

Edit - though it seems like maybe this is how it works in real life too, so probably nevermind.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 August 2021 17:59]

Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6513 is a reply to message #6490 ] Tue, 24 August 2021 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAuser12  [PM]
QA Disk shows duplicated lines (see the top of the image) every other frame - Seems unlikely this is what it's supposed to look like?

On 1.27.1

Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6531 is a reply to message #1786 ] Tue, 14 September 2021 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAuser12  [PM]
Dragon Ball - Final Bout (J) 1.1

At the menu press the third option, then the first option. Select a character, then an opponent. After "Now Loading" finishes, the game changes to a black screen and never recovers.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6547 is a reply to message #1786 ] Mon, 11 October 2021 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CoolKirby  [PM]
Thank you Mednafen Team for all the bug fixes you've put forth already. PSX emulation only gets better in every release!

[Updated on: Tue, 23 November 2021 00:45]

Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6663 is a reply to message #1786 ] Wed, 02 March 2022 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yuriwhyga  [PM]
Getting a lot of overlapping shown in the attached images. I remember there being some amount of this natively but this feels broken but maybe it’s normal. I’m using version 1.29.0 on Windows 11. Follow up to this I got it running native again and yeah it does look like that 😂 but with mednafen goat filter thing it looks much nicer emulated.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 March 2022 06:43]

Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6725 is a reply to message #1786 ] Wed, 15 June 2022 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VoidFlower  [PM]
I'd like to report that the music in Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown does not loop and sometimes it will even just cut itself off prematurely. It definitely does not do that on original hardware.

I see someone else reported this in past, so this is an ongoing issue.
Kururin PA! [SLPS-00066] [message #6741 is a reply to message #1786 ] Mon, 01 August 2022 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rariteh  [PM]
Hello!

I would like to report that Kururin PA! does not work on mednafen 1.29.0. After the initial loading screen, the screen cuts to black and the main menu does not appear. The main menu music and “Kururiiiin… PA!” voice clip do play, however. When the song ends (which would trigger the tutorial to load on real hardware), a few seconds of Pinch!! play, but stop abruptly. Considering that We Love ‘Kururin-PA!’ (the title screen song) is track 14 and Pinch!! is track 15, I assume in my layman stupidity that maybe it stops playing the song too late. The game image works on ePSXe, DuckStation and PSP.

Kudos to the devs btw, this is the first game I’ve ever thrown at mednafen that it didn’t play effectively perfectly.

Thanks in advance!

mednafen version: 1.29.0

Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6779 is a reply to message #1786 ] Sat, 24 September 2022 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAuser12  [PM]
Carnage Heart EZ (Japan) - Game freezes upon difficulty selection.

This reproduces in both Nymashock and Octoshock cores in Bizhawk 2.8. Perhaps some kind of odd behavior of this particular game?
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6810 is a reply to message #1786 ] Mon, 14 November 2022 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xindictive  [PM]
Planet DOB (Japan)

Both endings get stuck in a infinite repeating loop before finishing. Doesn't happen on console.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6818 is a reply to message #1786 ] Sun, 18 December 2022 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freakservo  [PM]
Silhouette Mirage (USA) -

Very minor (Does not effect gameplay), but accessing the hidden Lunar: Eternal Blue trailer does not appear to work (On actual hardware, hold L1 while turning on console. Keep holding L1 until game starts).

I have tried most other PSX emulators. Either I am doing it wrong or this feature is not officially supported anywhere yet.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6829 is a reply to message #6818 ] Sun, 22 January 2023 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAuser12  [PM]
When I was playing Vigilante 8 (1.1) on mednafen a few minutes ago, I noticed pixel corruption around the middle-draw distance (so likely, corrupted mipmap textures for middle-distance approximately 50% high on the screen) in the first 1 second of game play. The corruption persisted throughout all the levels, roughly in a circle in all directions around the camera. That's definitely not expected behavior. I see this bug is already reported, but I'd like to provide some extra details. Due to the distance being semi-constant, that leads me to think it has something to do with the mipmaps.

When I used to play Vigilante 8: Second Offense, I used to have fun corrupting the game textures on purpose on real hardware. You can do it by turning on cheat codes, and sitting inside the crater until a meteor hits you. This will set your velocity really high upward and throw you almost out of the skybox. Eventually you will fall down, and there is a good chance the textures are corrupted.

It wouldn't surprise me if V8 is prone to the same kind of texture corruption, that is being triggered somehow due to an emulator bug upon loading the level, instead of only after doing something wacky.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6830 is a reply to message #1786 ] Sun, 22 January 2023 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAuser12  [PM]
Zera-chan Puzzle - Pitatto Pair (Japan) doesn't load at all. The bios plays and then nothing happens.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6886 is a reply to message #1786 ] Mon, 12 June 2023 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truckpump  [PM]
Armored Core - Project Phantasma

Unable to quit arena battles resulting in a softlock. The game plays a replay of the battle after it has ended instead of returning the player to the main menu and requires the player to press X to stop the replay which does not function properly, as does attempting to exit during the battle which is normally done by pressing start and then select, which does work in normal missions. Confirmed it functions properly in another emulator so it shouldn't be an issue with my dump.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6887 is a reply to message #1786 ] Sat, 24 June 2023 13:04 Go to previous message
DAuser12  [PM]
[Edit: nevermind]

[Updated on: Sat, 24 June 2023 13:05]

Pages (7): [ «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7]  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:PCE Bugs Reports
Next Topic:Mega Drive bugs reports
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Thu May 2 08:10:02 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.