Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » Mednafen v0.9.37.1 compiled for Mac OS X
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Mednafen v0.9.37.1 compiled for Mac OS X [message #3817] Sun, 28 December 2014 17:14 Go to next message
rrshier  [PM]
There are as always 2 zip files, one packaged with NekoLauncher, and another with just the mednafen command line application.

Have Fun Smile

Re: Mednafen v0.9.37.1 compiled for Mac OS X [message #3859 is a reply to message #3817 ] Sat, 24 January 2015 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lordmaliss  [PM]
Hey there, Yosemite user here. I got an "error 5" with the compiled nekolauncher mednafen, and after running $ brew update && brew upgrade it still kicked back an error 5 Sad Originally it was an SDL error but now it's

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libcdio.15.dylib

I never had this issue on my old mac, I'm assuming it's yosemite related? I'm trying to chase down all the stuff I need but after updating SDL and homebrew I'm stumped. The command line version of mednafen kicks back the same error.

Any insight would be great, thanks, sorry I couldn't figure it out on my own!

EDIT: Fixed! Several dependencies were for different versions than what the most recent XCode/compile of other software had installed, I went and hunted down all the right libraries individually. Thanks again for putting these packages together.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 January 2015 16:16]

Re: Mednafen v0.9.37.1 compiled for Mac OS X [message #3954 is a reply to message #3859 ] Sun, 22 March 2015 14:29 Go to previous message
mmxbass  [PM]
Care to share where you found the aformentioned missing libraries? Because brew install libcdio isn't cutting it.

EDIT:

brew install libcdio

followed by

sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/libcdio.16.dylib /usr/local/lib/libcdio.15.dylib

seems to have done the trick.

[Worth mentioning: This is the highest build that doesn't segfault from a very obvious null pointer deep in the bowels of SDL. (Both prebuilt binaries as well as binaries I built myself.)]

[Updated on: Sun, 22 March 2015 15:51]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mednafen v0.9.38.1 compiled for Mac OS X
Next Topic:ComLynx support
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:14:52 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.