Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » Qs for Administrator
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Qs for Administrator [message #334] Fri, 21 April 2006 22:04 Go to next message
haikai  [PM]
) Is it possible to change the sound driver to anything else? Perferably ALSA? I tried setting it in mednafen.cfg, tried setting SDL_AUDIODRIVER envvar, no dice.

) Does --with-x actually do anything?

) --disable-nls fails to compile. That's not a question, actually Razz

) Are there any helpful configure options undocumented?

) So what does mednafen stand for? my emulator does not accept foreign entities nearby? ^^

Cheers =)
Re: Qs for Administrator [message #349 is a reply to message #334 ] Wed, 26 April 2006 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
--without-x is needed on Windows and OS/X, IIRC. It's related to OpenGL detection.

"My Emulator Doesn't Need a Frickin' Excellent Name"

Mednafen for UN*X prefers OSS over SDL, and there isn't currently a run-time option to select using SDL for sound output. I'll add the code for the option in 0.6.0...probably. :b

Re: Qs for Administrator [message #350 is a reply to message #349 ] Wed, 26 April 2006 19:24 Go to previous message
haikai  [PM]
An excellent emulator doesn't need an excellent name. Although I do like the name Mednafen ^^

I'm sure some will find an SDL output useful, but it's always given me high-latency results. I forgot that Mednafen uses SexyAL for audio output. An mmap() ALSA mode would be my top pick ;)

If it's of any interest - I modified the Gentoo ebuild so it includes a use flag for server support. What distro do you use?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Support for TG16 encrypted game images
Next Topic:Improved sound performance with Game_Music_Emu??
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 06:18:05 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.