Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » Lynx Headerless ROMs
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Lynx Headerless ROMs [message #4213] Fri, 09 October 2015 14:11 Go to next message
zachmorris  [PM]
I'm new here, so forgive me if this has been asked multiple times previously.

Is there a possibility for mednafen to support headerless lynx ROMs? Those ROMs are freely available on archive.org, but unplayable in Mednafen due to a missing header (which seems to consist of a small number of bytes of info).
Re: Lynx Headerless ROMs [message #4293 is a reply to message #4213 ] Sat, 16 January 2016 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sage  [PM]
Sure, if the emulator guesses the ROM layout. Might work for most of the commercial ROMs, but not for the homebrews.

Why dont you add the header?

http://lynxdev.atari.org
Re: Lynx Headerless ROMs [message #4317 is a reply to message #4213 ] Sat, 30 January 2016 11:40 Go to previous message
sage  [PM]
zachmorris wrote on Fri, 09 October 2015 14:11

I'm new here, so forgive me if this has been asked multiple times previously.

Is there a possibility for mednafen to support headerless lynx ROMs? Those ROMs are freely available on archive.org, but unplayable in Mednafen due to a missing header (which seems to consist of a small number of bytes of info).

Yes.
archive.org names the files .lnx but they do not contain a lnx header. How should the emulator decide which emulation to start then? Just complain with the archive people who decided to remove the header.

http://lynxdev.atari.org
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SDL2
Next Topic:Q for Speedvicio: Adding Internal resolution controls to MedGui Reborn?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 10:27:53 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.