Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » Mednafen 0.6.4
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Mednafen 0.6.4 [message #483] Wed, 23 August 2006 18:07 Go to next message
Jimbob_B  [PM]
Hi,

I've run into a small problem when trying to compile mednafen 0.6.4 on OS X 10.3.9. The problem is using powl and cosl in Blip_Buffer.cpp, both of these functions aren't included in the standard gcc shipped with 10.3.9. Is there a quick hack I could use to get around this problem?

I believe it's fine with 10.4 Tiger but I don't have a copy of that (yet).

Thanks!
Re: Mednafen 0.6.4 [message #484 is a reply to message #483 ] Wed, 23 August 2006 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
You can probably replace them with pow() and cos() without any problems. I just used powl() and cosl() because I was worried if double would provide enough precision for the new PCE ADPCM lowpass setting, which passes a rather large value to the function powl() and cosl() are used in.

powl() and cosl() are supposedly C99 requirements...OS/X is weird. :b
Re: Mednafen 0.6.4 [message #487 is a reply to message #483 ] Thu, 24 August 2006 10:32 Go to previous message
Jimbob_B  [PM]
Yep, that fixed it ... cheers!!

The GCC that ships with 10.3.9 is 3.3, so pretty old ... that's probably why they are missing.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 August 2006 10:32]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Improved sound performance with Game_Music_Emu??
Next Topic:Where is the source?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 05:50:49 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.