Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » WonderSwan compatibility patches
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
WonderSwan compatibility patches [message #6730] Sun, 26 June 2022 08:29 Go to next message
asie  [PM]
Hello. As part of working on a WonderSwan homebrew toolchain, I've decided to patch up Mednafen a little as I implement various elements of the hardware.

Today, I'd like to present a draft patch for improving the quality of EEPROM emulation by:

• fixing the internal EEPROM size to 0x80 bytes (WS) and 0x800 bytes (WSC), as well as correcting the ability to read owner information by WSC-mode games (this is broken as of latest release),
  • actually emulating the EEPROM transfer protocol, complete with at least some of its quirks,
  • properly initializing more IPL-maintained fields (including the WSC-exclusive config field), as opposed to relying on a shaky dump.

The patch also fixes handling of the color/packed/4bpp flags to match real hardware.

.patch file available here (v2). Testing welcome!

[Updated on: Sun, 26 June 2022 10:26]

Re: WonderSwan compatibility patches [message #6896 is a reply to message #6730 ] Tue, 11 July 2023 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asie  [PM]
More patches:

Re: WonderSwan compatibility patches [message #6932 is a reply to message #6896 ] Sun, 03 September 2023 01:47 Go to previous message
asie  [PM]
wswan: Implement sound DMA "hold" (bit 2), fix offset/length port write behaviour.

Test ROMs available for the AAM/AAD fix and the sound DMA fix above here.

[Updated on: Sun, 03 September 2023 01:48]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Hex edit PS1 CD region auto detection
Next Topic:MedGui Reborn v0.124 & MetroMed Beta 11 - A GUI/Frontend for Mednafen WIN OS
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 4 22:02:33 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.