Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » A very simple launcher
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
A very simple launcher [message #611] Mon, 11 December 2006 10:32 Go to next message
safaribans  [PM]
Well I recently gunzipped my roms, and I found it a little annoying to right click and open with mednafen in nautilus... I like to leave the default association...

Anyway, very simple stuff here, just a launcher, and gave me an excuse to put a little mednafen icon on my desktop.
Let's say it's GPLv2:
#!/bin/bash
cd ROMs
ROM=$(zenity --title="Mednafen: Load a ROM" --width=600 --file-selection)
mednafen "$ROM"

Just open up your favorite text editor, save the file in your home folder. Make sure it has permission to be executable.
Change "cd ROMs" to whatever folder you store your roms in i.e. "cd whatever" or remove the line if you drop the script in the same folder as your roms or don't care.

Anyway, hope someone builds on this, it would be easy to add a "open previous rom" but haven't bothered...

Screen cap:
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2668/medlaunchbl7.th.png

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
-- Mark Twain
Re: A very simple launcher [message #1095 is a reply to message #611 ] Wed, 09 January 2008 16:33 Go to previous message
theZenman  [PM]
If you don't mind, I made a KDE "version" so I'll post it here. It does not require zenity

#!/bin/bash
GAME=$(kdialog --title "Select a game or Cancel to exit" --getopenfilename $HOME)
if [ -n "$GAME" ]; then mednafen "$GAME";
else exit
fi

change $HOME to wherever you want the open file dialog to start from by default. The if/else part came from another version of yours (I think) I saw elsewhere in the forum.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Possible feature request
Next Topic:PC-FX Comment error errata:
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 08:21:42 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.