Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » My thoughts on mednafen.
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
My thoughts on mednafen. [message #769] Tue, 20 March 2007 15:07 Go to next message
nerdy_girlscout  [PM]
Hello, fellow mednafen developers! First of all, I would like to thank you all for this awesome emulator!! Several of the consoles I emulate with mednafen I previously had a lot of trouble with, like GBA and WSC.. not here! Just one thing about the GBA part though: It seems like the sound volume for GBA is lower than the volume in other consoles. Since I am just using my PC speakers, this means I can't turn up the volume very much if I want to. It would be great if it got fixed for the next release! Very Happy Also, another nice thing would be if you could add MegaDrive/Genesis emulation (and possibly SegaCD/MegaCD and 32X). You could use the Gens source code for that, as that emulator's compatibility is fairly high. Why I don't just use Gens though, is because I keep getting problems with it, wich probably wouldn't happen if it would get the amazing mednafen treatment Very Happy I am sorry if I sounded rude in any way or anything. If I was able to program myself, I could add it myself and provide a patch, but unfortunately I can't Sad Again, your work is very appreciated and I hope the best for the future of the emulator. The PC-FX part looks promising too! Oh and BTW, I am on Linux (Xubuntu Feisty) if it matters.

-Denise-
Re: My thoughts on mednafen. [message #770 is a reply to message #769 ] Tue, 20 March 2007 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Unfortunately, using Gens isn't feasible, as a huge portion of its code is in 32-bit x86 assembly...and some core parts of it are not released GPL-compatible licenses(though they could be replaced, I suppose, or the authors contacted and asked for relicensing).

Also, I may already be at my personal limits regarding how many emulated systems I can maintain without losing sanity.
Re: My thoughts on mednafen. [message #777 is a reply to message #770 ] Wed, 21 March 2007 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nerdy_girlscout  [PM]
I see. I don't know too much about programming, so I wouldn't know about it, hehe. About GPL, that's very weird.. I hope he makes it GPL some day o_O Well, still though, good luck with mednafen in the future! Smile
Re: My thoughts on mednafen. [message #781 is a reply to message #770 ] Sat, 24 March 2007 14:54 Go to previous message
haikai  [PM]
Administrator wrote on Wed, 21 March 2007 00:54

Also, I may already be at my personal limits regarding how many emulated systems I can maintain without losing sanity.

The people, they always want more! ;)

*cough* Osmose SMS/GG emulator; abandoned + GPL *cough*
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Handy 0.95 released
Next Topic:Mednafen 0.8.0-beta
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 04:08:45 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.