Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » Sources and builds
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Sources and builds [message #859] Wed, 30 May 2007 15:54 Go to next message
dshadoff  [PM]
Hi,

I'd like to be able to build the sources, make some small adjustments here and there, and commit the additions.

So I have a few questions:

(1) I haven't grabbed the sources from a CVS source yet, but would I need to be added as an allowable committer ? I would primarily be adding minor features to the PCE debugger.

(2a) What is the necessary build environment and scripts for Linux - say, the latest Ubuntu ? With the make setup that you seem to have, this looks like the easiest build. So what command needs to be run to build from top to bottom ?

(2b) On windows, I understand it's a bit tougher. So I would need some stuff installed and configured first. I imagine a UNIX env, like Cygwin or MinGW, and a series of add-ins. These are pretty notorious for being senstive to versioning too. Can I have a list of stuff that is needed for a proper build environment ?

Thanks in advance.

- Dave
Re: Sources and builds [message #866 is a reply to message #859 ] Sun, 03 June 2007 14:40 Go to previous message
haikai  [PM]
dshadoff wrote on Wed, 30 May 2007 16:54

(1) I haven't grabbed the sources from a CVS source yet, but would I need to be added as an allowable committer ? I would primarily be adding minor features to the PCE debugger.

No public CVS that I know of. You might base your work off the latest source tarball and submit your changes as a patch.

Quote:

(2a) What is the necessary build environment and scripts for Linux - say, the latest Ubuntu ? With the make setup that you seem to have, this looks like the easiest build. So what command needs to be run to build from top to bottom ?

It's quite standard. If you've ever compiled anything using ./configure and make, it will be obvious. Off the top of my head, with Ubuntu you'll need to install m4, autotools, all the dependencies and -dev versions (e.g. libcdio-dev.) Then ./autogen.sh, ./configure (with options; environmentals set beforehand), and make.

No idea about Windows. HTH
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Additional emulated consoles via user-developed plug-ins?
Next Topic:Mednafen 0.8.2-beta:
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 05:53:48 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.