Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » Patch to disable save state/movie compression
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Patch to disable save state/movie compression [message #939] Thu, 20 September 2007 13:29
d_xiansheng  [PM]
Hi,

mednafen's debugger makes it a great choice for would-be hackers of many systems, but save compression is a bit of a downer Wink Having to constantly `mv filename.checksum.nc0 filename.checksum.nc0.gz && gunzip filename.checksum.nc0.gz` is a bit of a pain, so I made a patch to disable this "feature."

Right now, it just rewrites all zlib lines in movie and game with stdio equivalents. I tested saving and loading and it seems OK. Movies should work too, as I rewrote the code there. Not sure where SaveRAM code is handled (appears separate for each system?) and rewind code, but for what I wanted this is working fine.

I sent it off to dshadoff to see about cleaning it up and putting a real mednafen.cfg option in for those looking to use this.

Just a warning!

If you try this patch, your current save states will not work. You will have to decompress them all by renaming them to *.gz and running `gunzp ~/.mednafen/mcs/*.gz`. Likewise, if you go back to normal mednafen, you will need to gzip them all and remove the resulting .gz extension.

Edit: Looks like my attachment corrupted, so get the patch from here
http://www.cinnamonpirate.com/pub/ubuntu/mednafen-0.8.4-rc2-nc.patch

[Updated on: Fri, 21 September 2007 04:51]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mednafen-0.8.3-beta:
Next Topic:Creating a translation of Mednafen (.po file)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 05:50:59 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.