Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » Compiling Mednafen under Mac OS X
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Compiling Mednafen under Mac OS X [message #995] Thu, 22 November 2007 11:35 Go to next message
Nils  [PM]
Hello

I've been trying to compile the latest mednafen sources under "Mac OS X". In order to do this I executed the configure Script and got the error message that my system is missing "libcdio".
I know there are a few required packages that mednafen needs in order to run, so I downloaded and installed "libcdio" using Fink (packet manager).
Unfortunately after that the configure script still didn't notice the new installed library and I was still getting the following error message:
checking for LIBCDIO... Package libcdio was not found in the pkg-config search path. 
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libcdio.pc' 
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable 
No package 'libcdio' found 
no 
configure: error: *** libcdio not found!

I looked for the file "libcdio.pc" myself and set the enviroment variable to the right path as described in the error message - but still no change.

Could someone who knows this system better than me give me some instuctions on how to fix this error?

Nils
Re: Compiling Mednafen under Mac OS X [message #998 is a reply to message #995 ] Thu, 22 November 2007 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FranMichaels  [PM]
Does your package manager have one called
libcdio-dev?

Re: Compiling Mednafen under Mac OS X [message #999 is a reply to message #998 ] Fri, 23 November 2007 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nils  [PM]
Yes, that's the one I installed. It's exact name was "libcdio5-dev".
After reinstalling pkgconfig using my packetmanager it worked, but now I'm stuck with libsndfile.
I installed it by packet manager and later also manually, I even updated the configure script to check for the latest version (1.0.17), but it still fails to recognize libsndfile on my system.
Sad
Re: Compiling Mednafen under Mac OS X [message #1002 is a reply to message #999 ] Sat, 24 November 2007 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FranMichaels  [PM]
Sorry if it's the same advice, but does your package manager have libsndfile1-dev installed (or something similar?)
Re: Compiling Mednafen under Mac OS X [message #1005 is a reply to message #1002 ] Sun, 25 November 2007 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nils  [PM]
I appreciate of course every hint I can get.

Packetmanager "fink" says "libsndfile1-dev" is installed on my system, I can't find any file named "sndfile.pc" though...
Packetmanager "port" just lists "libsndfile" as the only packet and it fails to compile for what reason ever.

I just tried to install it manually: I took this file:
http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/libsndfile-1.0.17.tar.gz
It compiled/installed without problems and after the process I even found the "sndfile.pc" file and updated the "PKG_CONFIG_PATH" variable, but the mednafen configure script still fails to recognize libsndfile.

I'm beginning to believe that the configure script is broken?!

[Updated on: Sun, 25 November 2007 06:39]

Re: Compiling Mednafen under Mac OS X [message #1289 is a reply to message #1005 ] Sun, 06 July 2008 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pizuz  [PM]
Is this still an issue?

I've created a Fink package for Mednafen a while back. Unfortunately it still awaits the final permit or something (I fixed everything to their packaging requirements). Find it here.

Simply put the mednafen.info into your /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo/ directory and type "fink install mednafen".

[Updated on: Sun, 06 July 2008 16:10]

Re: Compiling Mednafen under Mac OS X [message #1290 is a reply to message #1289 ] Mon, 07 July 2008 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jimbob_B  [PM]
I haven't tried your Fink package but out of interest does the OpenGL video driver work in your build?? I recently built 0.8.9 and I can only get it to work using the SDL video driver. The OpenGL driver just displays a black screen. I use Nekolauncher Mednafen to change the video driver settings.

Thanks!
Re: Compiling Mednafen under Mac OS X [message #1291 is a reply to message #1290 ] Mon, 07 July 2008 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pizuz  [PM]
Works perfectly for me. I'm using Nekolauncher Mednafen, as well.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 July 2008 11:43]

Re: Compiling Mednafen under Mac OS X [message #1296 is a reply to message #1291 ] Fri, 11 July 2008 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jimbob_B  [PM]
Thanks for this. I found what the problem was ... I was using scale2x as the OpenGL Pixel Shader and it doesn't work, hence the black screen. Removing this results in a perfectly working mednafen.

Thanks again!
Re: Compiling Mednafen under Mac OS X [message #1298 is a reply to message #1296 ] Wed, 16 July 2008 08:07 Go to previous message
Pizuz  [PM]
EDIT: Screw that. It doesn't work for me, either.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 July 2008 08:09]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Updated translation
Next Topic:Mednafen 0.8.4 Release Candidates on OS X - G3 processor ... crashes
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 07:46:15 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.