Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » nes color pallette
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
nes color pallette [message #1180] Fri, 21 March 2008 19:28 Go to next message
joeboi  [PM]
is there any way to fix the color pallette and have it correct for nes games?

By the way great job guys on the work its a great mu, i only have problems with time lord, paperboy 2 and b-wings working. Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 21 March 2008 19:30]

Re: nes color pallette [message #1181 is a reply to message #1180 ] Sat, 22 March 2008 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haikai  [PM]
Hi, you can specify your own palette:
http://mednafen.sourceforge.net/documentation/#features-ppu-palettes

You might also try Blargg's NTSC filter, which attempts to mimic a tube, colors and all, via -nes.ntscblitter 1
Re: nes color pallette [message #1182 is a reply to message #1181 ] Sat, 22 March 2008 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joeboi  [PM]
thanks for the reply! its just weird that nestopia and other emus can habe the correct pallette without having to adjust anything. im not complaning by any means mednafen is my fav i just hope soon a fix is implemeted for time lord, b-wings and paperboy 2.

Smile
Re: nes color pallette [message #1184 is a reply to message #1182 ] Sun, 23 March 2008 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haikai  [PM]
Sure thing. As I understand it, there is no "correct" palette - they are all (carefully studied) approximations of the way an NES output colors on a tube TV, expressed in RGB. So, use the one you think looks the best. Smile

Regarding the games you've had trouble with, Paperboy 2 seems to work fine, but you're right - B-Wings doesn't display the title screen at all, and Time Lord has problems with the status bar once in-game. Nice catch!
Re: nes color pallette [message #1186 is a reply to message #1184 ] Mon, 24 March 2008 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joeboi  [PM]
actually i have found something, save nestopia's 3 different color palette's auto, rgb and yuv, and try loading them as custom palette.

I tried this with a lot of games and it works WONDERS!! mario on rgb palette is great! and bionic commando on yuv is great. Diff games will look better on diff palettes but this works AWESOME. Laughing

Im still having trouble with paperboy 2 but i will see what i can do. Hopefully a fix can be implemented for time lord and b-wings, both really really great games.

Joe-
icon7.gif  Re: nes color pallette [message #1288 is a reply to message #1186 ] Thu, 03 July 2008 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FranMichaels  [PM]
Paper Boy 2 and B-Wings are looking good in Mednafen 0.8.9 Cool

Re: nes color pallette [message #1297 is a reply to message #1180 ] Sun, 13 July 2008 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Time Lord will be fixed in 0.8.A(yes, A as in AAAAAAH, a zombie!).
Re: nes color pallette [message #1317 is a reply to message #1180 ] Thu, 28 August 2008 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Err, I'm going to have to retract that statement, sorry. Sad
The change I had in mind has the possibility of breaking other games, which I don't want to risk in 0.8.x right now.
Re: nes color pallette [message #1318 is a reply to message #1317 ] Thu, 28 August 2008 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haikai  [PM]
No big, anyone who wants to play can use the European version. I'm glad to hear you're thinking about 0.9.0 - whenver that may be. :)

On a completely unrelated note, I just discovered the excellent Summon Night series, and the dialog has me in stitches. Very sharp, good pacing, battling isn't completely boring. Will keep me entertained until Mother 3's translation release. :]

And the second one for the GBA is still for sale new! Support Atlus for localising great titles like this, rah rah!
Re: nes color pallette [message #1326 is a reply to message #1318 ] Sun, 28 September 2008 01:40 Go to previous message
joeboi  [PM]
sounds good, i can't wait and thanks for the updates. I actually had another question, is mednafen's nes emulation cycle accurate like nestopia or nintendulator? If is not i was just wondering if you guys had plans to implement it maybe in the future?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mednafen 0.8.4 Release Candidates on OS X - G3 processor ... crashes
Next Topic:Collaboration for the PC-Engine emulation
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 07:53:57 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.