Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » [OBSOLETE] MedGui v1.99993 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
[OBSOLETE] MedGui v1.99993 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1501] Wed, 24 June 2009 18:48 Go to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
MedGui is now obsolete, the new rewrite GUI for Mednafen 0.9.X series is called MedGui Reborn

Old MedGui source and exe are avaiable Here: Sourceforge

[Updated on: Tue, 17 June 2014 17:04]

Re: MedGui v1.0.0e - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1560 is a reply to message #1501 ] Sat, 21 November 2009 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geoslake  [PM]
I would say thanks, but having to install a 100mb (or so) net thing for a simple frontend is just ridiculous, so it's a no-go to me.
I just regret that more and more people start to use that shit.
Well, thanks anyway
Re: MedGui v1.0.0e - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1561 is a reply to message #1560 ] Sat, 21 November 2009 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
geoslake wrote on Sat, 21 November 2009 09:54

I would say thanks, but having to install a 100mb (or so) net thing for a simple frontend is just ridiculous, so it's a no-go to me.
I just regret that more and more people start to use that shit.
Well, thanks anyway

Your reasons are valid, but if you think that a good burning program like CDBurnerXP ask for the framework and many other good programs require it, I do not think the 100 mb affect that much especially compared to 400 MB only install Nero Burning ROM or other commercial software . Wink
Re: MedGui v1.0.0e - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1562 is a reply to message #1561 ] Sat, 21 November 2009 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geoslake  [PM]
Sure, but then you have burnaware or burning studio (both free) which don't require anything Smile
Re: MedGui v1.0.0e - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1563 is a reply to message #1501 ] Sat, 21 November 2009 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Out of curiosity, are you on a resource-constrained system or bandwidth-constrained Internet connection?
Re: MedGui v1.0.0e - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1668 is a reply to message #1563 ] Thu, 15 April 2010 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neville  [PM]
Hello there. Just found out about your frontend and I'm using it with Mednafen v0.90 WIP.

Everything works fine, but it seems to me that if I edit settings in Advanced Mode (resolution, folders, etc.) they are not saved, next time they all seem reset.

Is this correct? And if it is, what can I do to save those settings?
Re: MedGui v1.1 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1675 is a reply to message #1501 ] Fri, 16 April 2010 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
It probably has something to do with Mednafen 0.9.0 using a different configuration file filename, to avoid conflicts with 0.8.X configuration files(well, at least necessary to avoid conflicts on UN*X/Linux systems, which is what Mednafen is primarily developed for).
Re: MedGui v1.0.0e - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1684 is a reply to message #1668 ] Sat, 17 April 2010 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Neville wrote on Thu, 15 April 2010 16:29

Hello there. Just found out about your frontend and I'm using it with Mednafen v0.90 WIP.

Everything works fine, but it seems to me that if I edit settings in Advanced Mode (resolution, folders, etc.) they are not saved, next time they all seem reset.

Is this correct? And if it is, what can I do to save those settings?

Hi!

Was a long time since i checked updates mednafen.
How i was introduced to support the Megadrive, SNES and Virtual Boy (and i believe some other consoles).
The generic options are correctly saved from the gui, the only ones that are not read are the specifications of the new consoles.
I looked at the summary configuration file for version 09.x at this point i have to adapt the gui code to the new console added.

Administrator, you may send additional configurations or changes to streamline the job?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Ok i'm vorking in a small update for MedGUi, at the moment i have add the generic support for new Mednafen console support and fix the bug noted by Neville.
You can update the gui via updater implemented in v1.1 or by this link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GIFV90DY

I will work in future to support specific option for new console.
Bye!

[Updated on: Sat, 17 April 2010 09:47]

Re: MedGui v1.11 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1687 is a reply to message #1501 ] Sat, 17 April 2010 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neville  [PM]
Thanks for making such a fast update, but I'll stick to v1.1. The reason is that now, for some reason, the resolution / filter options have no effect on window mode.
icon4.gif  Re: MedGui v1.16 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1707 is a reply to message #1501 ] Thu, 29 April 2010 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WCat  [PM]
Hello,

I can't seem to get the PC-FX emulation through MedGui to work. I have downloaded and installed the 3.5 .NET framework, and am using the 0.8.C build of Mednafen with MedGui v1.16. Every time I try to run a game, I get an error in the log file that says this:

Quote:

Unrecognized argument: -pcfx.forcemono

I looked in the documentation and it says that forcemono is not supported by the PC-FX emulation, and "Force Mono" isn't even selected as active in my MedGui before I try to run it, so I don't know why it should be attempting this at all. I've tried turning off all extraneous options and setting the sound as low as it can go, and it still gives me this error.

(I know I should try to run mednafen itself through the command line, but it doesn't work at all no matter how convoluted a command line and parameters I use; at least through MedGui I'm getting a result. Embarassed )
Re: MedGui v1.16 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1712 is a reply to message #1707 ] Fri, 30 April 2010 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
WCat wrote on Fri, 30 April 2010 05:48

Hello,

I can't seem to get the PC-FX emulation through MedGui to work. I have downloaded and installed the 3.5 .NET framework, and am using the 0.8.C build of Mednafen with MedGui v1.16. Every time I try to run a game, I get an error in the log file that says this:

Quote:

Unrecognized argument: -pcfx.forcemono

I looked in the documentation and it says that forcemono is not supported by the PC-FX emulation, and "Force Mono" isn't even selected as active in my MedGui before I try to run it, so I don't know why it should be attempting this at all. I've tried turning off all extraneous options and setting the sound as low as it can go, and it still gives me this error.

(I know I should try to run mednafen itself through the command line, but it doesn't work at all no matter how convoluted a command line and parameters I use; at least through MedGui I'm getting a result. Embarassed )

You did well to bring this bug.
Basically the config file mednafen 0.8.x is different than the new version 0.9.x. mednafen.
The mono version 0.8.x do not think is supported by the emulator.
are two possibilities to resolve the error output:

- Download MedGui v1.1
- Download the new WIP version of Mednafen 0.9.x

this occasion to announce that the server that hosts the updates via the updater is no longer available, I will to find another free space and modify the GUI, if I have time available I will add an option to select the version of Mednafen used to avoid stupid bugs like that gently reported by WCAT
Re: MedGui v1.16 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1713 is a reply to message #1712 ] Fri, 30 April 2010 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WCat  [PM]
Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and did both to be sure, and now it's at least displaying a window. But a blank, black window, and the game isn't running. This could mean we've either got a bad BIOS or the game just isn't supported by Mednafen yet.

Oh well.
Re: MedGui v1.16 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1715 is a reply to message #1713 ] Sat, 01 May 2010 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
WCat wrote on Sat, 01 May 2010 04:26

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and did both to be sure, and now it's at least displaying a window. But a blank, black window, and the game isn't running. This could mean we've either got a bad BIOS or the game just isn't supported by Mednafen yet.

Oh well.

All pc-fx game are supported from Mednafen but only one bios is compatible.
In most of case the bios found onto internet are not compatible but only one is better, search in hidden option to resolve the bios trouble Wink
Re: MedGui v1.16 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1717 is a reply to message #1715 ] Sun, 02 May 2010 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WCat  [PM]
You're right, it does only work with one BIOS in particular. Very Happy
Re: MedGui v1.22 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1738 is a reply to message #1501 ] Thu, 27 May 2010 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
funlife81  [PM]
Actually the version out now seems to be MedGUI 1.24, it autodownloads the thing for me.
Re: MedGui v1.22 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1741 is a reply to message #1738 ] Thu, 27 May 2010 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
funlife81 wrote on Thu, 27 May 2010 08:41

Actually the version out now seems to be MedGUI 1.24, it autodownloads the thing for me.

Yes i have not posted the version 1.24 because it have small update.

add the .gen rom support for megadrive emululation.
add "disable smoooth scrolling" in option gui for the simple mode, i have added this option because in slow machine the smooth scrolling get many time to open advance mode panel.

Now I'm trying to implement a button to enable full screen mode the window, and a shortcut for setting keys or pads always in window mode.
Unfortunately for them I am encountering many difficulties to casual garment for the delay in sending commands to the emulator through senkeys.
Re: MedGui v1.32 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1822 is a reply to message #1501 ] Mon, 06 September 2010 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dullaron  [PM]
Starting Mednafen 0.9.12
Internal emulation modules: nes snes gb gba pce pce_fast lynx md pcfx ngp vb wswan sms gg cdplay mmplay
External emulation modules:
Loading settings from "I:\Mednafen\mednafen-09x.cfg"...
Compiled against SDL 1.2.13, running with SDL 1.2.13

Setting "ngp.stretch", value "False", is not a recognized string. Recognized strings: 0 off 1 full 2 aspect

Is this a bug?
Re: MedGui v1.32 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1823 is a reply to message #1822 ] Mon, 06 September 2010 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
If you update the gui from a previous version, you must set the full screen value to 0, 1 or 2.
Mednafen 0.9.12 accept only this value or the corrispective string, i have change the gui and now the flag button is changed with a comnbobox.
Go into simple mode and set the value to 0 for "not stretch the screen".
Re: MedGui v1.37 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1886 is a reply to message #1501 ] Mon, 08 November 2010 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neville  [PM]
I have a problem with MedGUI... I think.

The issue is that Mednafen doesn't seem to use the screen resolution I set in MedGUI. See snapshot:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7060/portapapeles01.th.png

My desktop resolution is 1440x900 (I have a 16:10 monitor), and I tell Mednafen to run in 640x480. But you can tell from the Mednafen Window it's running at far less resolution. Changing res or video driver from MedGUI doesn't change things.

Also, I can't be sure if Mednafen is running at 640x480 in fullscreen. All screenshots I'm taking from the emu are in the machine native res (320x244 for Genesis, 256x224 for NES, etc.), so I can't tell.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 November 2010 08:59]

Re: MedGui v1.37 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1887 is a reply to message #1501 ] Mon, 08 November 2010 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
In not full screen mode the resolution of console is native, the only mode to magnify the window is the "Scaling Factor" option in filter/rom path (advanced mode), or to set a value in AR combobox (in simple mode).
In full screen mode the resolution is set correctly (you can verify the "mednafen-09x.cfg" open it with notepad),i suggest you manually set the resolution of your monitor in general tab (custom resolution) and set the stretch to 2, so you'll get the exact proportions of game viewing.
I hope i explained myself properly, my english is very bad.
Re: MedGui v1.37 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #1888 is a reply to message #1887 ] Mon, 08 November 2010 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neville  [PM]
You did explain yourself very well. I did exactly what you told me, and scaled the window output 2X, now that's much better.

Than you. Very Happy
Re: MedGui v1.60 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #2041 is a reply to message #1501 ] Fri, 11 February 2011 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marchbiggg  [PM]
About v1.60 version

I want to add Chinese language Smile

Which language dll file is compiled?
Re: MedGui v1.60 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #2043 is a reply to message #2041 ] Fri, 11 February 2011 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Hi!
Thank you for your interest.
I opened another topic with attachments file resources to be translated and a link with a simple program to do the translation.
When the translation is completed also remember your write your nick name and possibly a website (if you have any one), i will put you in the acknowledgments/credits Wink

http://forum.fobby.net/index.php?t=tree&th=625&start=0&
Re: MedGui v1.84 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #2119 is a reply to message #1501 ] Tue, 10 May 2011 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
I read in a forum that my stupid GUI uses too many libraries.
I just wanted to point out that only two libraries must use MedGui (SevenZipSharp and 7z in version 32 or 64 bit depending on your operating system).
All other functions I have listed only as an option; Think of it as a sort of comfort for the user.

I would then need a few beta testers to avoid publishing thousands of updates a week.
Anyone interested?
Re: MedGui v1.990 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #2202 is a reply to message #1501 ] Thu, 11 August 2011 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SamDeRe81  [PM]
Care to explain why the link is dead?
Re: MedGui v1.990 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #2318 is a reply to message #2202 ] Sun, 04 December 2011 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Masterxilo  [PM]
This is great, thanks a lot. I already had the framework installed so I didn't mind but really, this would be possible without... As for the poster above: The link works just fine (for me at least).
Re: MedGui v1.998 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #2324 is a reply to message #1501 ] Sun, 18 December 2011 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stranno  [PM]
How can i star a networking 2P game on Gameboy Color Link using MedGui in same PC?

I mean, there's no way star two MedGui instances and star the server in one and the client in other
Re: MedGui v1.998 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #2325 is a reply to message #2324 ] Mon, 19 December 2011 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Can I add an option to run multiple instances of MedGui.
But I can not tell if you can play multiplayer on the same computer with the Mednafen server.
Re: MedGui v1.998 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #2326 is a reply to message #2325 ] Mon, 19 December 2011 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stranno  [PM]
Well, i was not really sure if the networking option on Mednafen supported the link cable of gb,gbc,gba,lynx and wsc

Maybe is only for multiple gamepad consoles
Re: MedGui v1.998 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #2327 is a reply to message #2326 ] Mon, 19 December 2011 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
I made a small change to the code as you requested. Smile
Re: MedGui v1.998 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #2328 is a reply to message #2327 ] Mon, 19 December 2011 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stranno  [PM]
It isnt added yet right? i mean, in 1.9991, it only allow to launch one instance

But, anyway, add it if it works for something hehe, i mean, do you know if the link cable feature of gb/gbc/gba/lynx/gg actually works on Mendnafen, because if it isnt implemented there's no reason to run two instances coz the two/three/four gamepads of consoles already works with one instance in same PC

Sorry bcz i'm spanish and my english is bad, dont know if i explained myself ^_^
Re: MedGui v1.998 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #2329 is a reply to message #2328 ] Mon, 19 December 2011 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
I modified the code to start two instances of Mednafen.

The operation that you do, not require you to start two instances of MedGui, but two instances of Mednafen and Mednafen servers (although i doubt it will work in a single PC).
Re: MedGui v1.9991 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #2386 is a reply to message #1501 ] Mon, 16 January 2012 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eadmaster  [PM]
hi, i have a few requests:
- portable mode: store "user.config" in the same path of the main executable
- allow specifying "mednafen.exe" search path in "user.config" (so it can be in another path)

[Updated on: Mon, 16 January 2012 17:40]

Re: MedGui v1.9991 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #2389 is a reply to message #2386 ] Tue, 17 January 2012 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
I can try to implement the save/load user.config options in MedGui.

For your second request i think is not necessary to set a path for load Mednafen, in window os mednafen is a portable application, i think it's easier to put the gui in the same directory of the emulator Smile
Re: MedGui v1.99993 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #2921 is a reply to message #1501 ] Sat, 02 February 2013 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hatsuyuki  [PM]
ElseIf est_rom = ".smd" Or est_rom = ".bin" Or est_rom = ".gen" Or est_zip = ".32x" Or est_zip = ".md" Then

makes unzipped .md roms non-working Sad
Re: MedGui v1.99993 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #2922 is a reply to message #2921 ] Sat, 02 February 2013 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Thanks for reporting bug.
Update MedGui via the auto update, now it should work Smile
Re: MedGui v1.99993 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #2923 is a reply to message #2922 ] Sat, 02 February 2013 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hatsuyuki  [PM]
Yes, it's working. Thanks for the fast reply, Speedvicio Smile
Re: MedGui v1.99993 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #3008 is a reply to message #2922 ] Thu, 21 March 2013 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
astro187  [PM]
Hello. I love your GUI! I have been using it for years and it really handles Mednafen well.

I wanted to ask you though... I downloaded v1.99993 and did the auto update, so it installed v1.99996. Is there a download link so I can have the zip file for v1.99996 to save on my PC?

Also, which version of Mednafen does v1.99996 use? I thought I had the correct version, but it said I had the wrong version and automatically downloaded the correct one. I also would like to have the zip file for the correct Mednafen saved as well, so I just need to know which version since those links are out there already.

Keep up the great work and thanks for having patience with a newb!
Re: MedGui v1.99993 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #3009 is a reply to message #3008 ] Sat, 23 March 2013 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Hello and thanks for the compliments.
You can download the previous version of medgui (MedGui v1.99993.zip) and replace the updated MedGui.exe in the zip file.

Take this opportunity to inform you that this week I started to rewrite the GUI, trying to use a cleaner code,the new version will check the md5 of the rom bringing back some information, not read the settings from the XML file created by vb. net but use directly the file created by Mednafen, so just retrieve that file (or make a backup) to always have the available settings.
I hope to post something usable quickly. Cool

Re: MedGui v1.99993 - A GUI (Frontend) for Mednafen WINDOW OS [message #3051 is a reply to message #1501 ] Mon, 13 May 2013 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Weetabix66  [PM]
Hello, thanks for your nice gui.
I have a bug report.
With Codename Tenka (PSX), Memory Card needs to be only on port 1.
Same trouble with the option "Emulate memcard on port 1" activated.
Working fine if I setup on mednafen .cfg.

Pages (2): [1  2    »]  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mednafen 0.9.28-WIP binaries for Mac
Next Topic:[Need Help] MedGui Reborn Box Art
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:29:47 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.