Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » I'm making a Java GUI for Mednafen... some questions...
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
I'm making a Java GUI for Mednafen... some questions... [message #1516] Mon, 13 July 2009 01:33 Go to next message
Tuxman88  [PM]
Hi, in first place, excuse me, my english is too bad...

I'm making a GUI for Mednafen writted on Java for GNU/Linux. The GUI name is JMednafen.

Today, it can run games for WS/WSC, GB/GBC, GBA, PCE, NES, Lynx and others, and it can be configured and installed on the system, and, for now, it can be launched from a simple command, making the good option to make a shortcut on the desktop...

Well, I want to ask for the creator of the Mednafen icon (the bettle) about if I can use it and modify to make the icon for my GUI, my idea is to make a bettle with a cake in ther face (as if the bettle is looking for the cake... very simple).

Then, my question is: I can use the bettle icon of Mednafen and modify it for my GUI? Is my wish legal?

In any case, in some weeks, I will make a beta version of JMednafen, but I really want to make an icon for my program (will be a GPL program, don't worry).

Thanks
Re: I'm making a Java GUI for Mednafen... some questions... [message #1517 is a reply to message #1516 ] Wed, 15 July 2009 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
safaribans  [PM]
Did you look at the Sticky at the very top of this forum...? Very Happy

http://forum.fobby.net/index.php?t=msg&th=214&start=0&

[Updated on: Wed, 15 July 2009 13:32]

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
-- Mark Twain
Re: I'm making a Java GUI for Mednafen... some questions... [message #1518 is a reply to message #1517 ] Wed, 15 July 2009 22:50 Go to previous message
Tuxman88  [PM]
Hi, well, yes, I was checked the sticky post, but I prefer to ask for this things, because in the sticky post say that we can use it for icons, but not say "you can modify it", this is the reason, I want to modify the image and I prefer to request permission before modify the image.

In any case, your answer (thanks Very Happy) will be for me as an "OK, you can modify it". If I can't do it because some reason, don't worry, I will have completed the program in some weeks, any people have time to say me any thing.

Thanks Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mednafen 0.8.C Release Candidate 1
Next Topic:JMednafen 0.0.1 - A new and easy GUI for Mednafen
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 10:20:57 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.