Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » joystick ids in the config file
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
joystick ids in the config file [message #1595] Mon, 07 December 2009 15:12 Go to next message
strider  [PM]
Hey everyone

I can see that many are making their frontend to mednafen, this is quite nice.
I am also making a gui, not specific to mednafen but for many game runners.

Developers may or may not already know that we, azerty keyboard users are totally unable to remap game keys unless we switch to qwerty before. We don't have the "1" key, in order to get "1" without using the numeric keypad, we must type shift+"&".

Ok that's not my point, my goal is to pass the correct parameters to mednafen, using the config file as little as possible.
Of course I don't want to play with a keyboard, I'd rather not play than play with a keyboard but I have some trouble understanding the config file regarding joysticks.

let's take PC Engine Up button, here's what I got :
pce.input.port1.gamepad.up joystick 80e4a1ee1ed960b 0000c001

what is that 80e4a1ee1ed960b thing ? How can I find it before actually running mednafen ?
I think i've figured out the axis thing, 0000c000x is for vertical axis and 0000800x is for horizontal, right ?

I'll have a look inside the source code to try findind how this joystick id is created, but I'm not sure to succeed Wink

BTW, if you're interested to know what is the project I'm working on , have a look here : http://lutris.net
Re: joystick ids in the config file [message #1596 is a reply to message #1595 ] Wed, 09 December 2009 07:34 Go to previous message
strider  [PM]
I've found the piece of code generating the ID but I'm going going to port it to Python for the moment. Meanwhile, I just run mednafen with a dummy file so I can grab the ID's, generate the command line arguments and then launch mednafen for real.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:JMednafen 0.0.1 - A new and easy GUI for Mednafen
Next Topic:Lynx Cart Bug Patch
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 09:50:43 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.