Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » Adjusting internal vsync rate for the emulated systems: where in the sources should I look?
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Adjusting internal vsync rate for the emulated systems: where in the sources should I look? [message #1616] Thu, 14 January 2010 06:41 Go to next message
vanfanel  [PM]
hello there

After trying to find the correct exact refresh rates for the systems Mednafen emulates, and not being able to find those for Gameboy, Lynx and others, I'm tired of ramdomly trying modelines and getting jerky horizontal scrolls on those systems.
I accept the "exact speed" approx Mednafen takes, but I'd like to alter the sources so I can force the systems into a EXACT 60.0000 HZ internal vertical refresh rates, thus using the same video mode for them all and getting perfectly smooth scroll at once.

As I'm not a Mednafen coder, I don't know the code, but I should be able to change it. Where can I find the variable(s) I'm looking for, developer people?

regards
Re: Adjusting internal vsync rate for the emulated systems: where in the sources should I look? [message #1617 is a reply to message #1616 ] Sun, 17 January 2010 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
The frame rate of the emulated systems is a side effect/derivative of the emulated system's video frame length; there are no single variables that control refresh rates.

What you propose would require knowing the exact average refresh rate of each emulated system, and using that value as the input rate(and 60.00 as the output rate) for the ratio in a sound resampler operating on the returned sound data from MDFNI_Emulate().

I don't wish to belittle your request, but...I have more important things to work on, so you're on your own.
Re: Adjusting internal vsync rate for the emulated systems: where in the sources should I look? [message #1618 is a reply to message #1617 ] Sun, 17 January 2010 22:48 Go to previous message
Administrator  [PM]
(Err, I think I got those input/output ratios backwards. I'm far too sleepy now to think straight >_>)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Lynx Cart Bug Patch
Next Topic:PC Engine lockups.
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 12:43:30 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.