Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » Game Boy Classic, Super Game Boy, and Game Boy color.
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Game Boy Classic, Super Game Boy, and Game Boy color. [message #1631] Sun, 07 February 2010 22:04 Go to next message
zombie_ryushu  [PM]
Because the Gameboy Color and Super Gameboy Roms have been dumped, I request that Mednafen support using the Roms dumps of these systems. Consider this a feature request.
Re: Game Boy Classic, Super Game Boy, and Game Boy color. [message #2140 is a reply to message #1631 ] Tue, 07 June 2011 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kgsws  [PM]
Seems to be old request, but since nobody did it yet, here is my patch. Apply to current version (0.8.D.3).

• Attachment: gb_bios.zip
    (Size: 4.68KB, Downloaded 323 time(s))

Re: Game Boy Classic, Super Game Boy, and Game Boy color. [message #2141 is a reply to message #2140 ] Tue, 07 June 2011 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zombie_ryushu  [PM]
I am a Linux user, do I apply this as part of my SPEC File? Do I use stock 0.8.D Sources?
Re: Game Boy Classic, Super Game Boy, and Game Boy color. [message #2142 is a reply to message #2140 ] Tue, 07 June 2011 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zombie_ryushu  [PM]
Also I have been looking at your code, does this apply to Super Game Boy, or Game Boy color? (They are different.)
Re: Game Boy Classic, Super Game Boy, and Game Boy color. [message #2143 is a reply to message #2140 ] Tue, 07 June 2011 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kgsws  [PM]
It is classic diff file, "patch" app should do it, then you have to copy 2 new files (*.h) into correct place. Source code version is noted in my first post.

This patch is for both gameboy modes that mednafen supports, gameboy color (CGB) and classic gameboy (DMG). Super gameboy is not supported by mednafen itself.
Re: Game Boy Classic, Super Game Boy, and Game Boy color. [message #2144 is a reply to message #2143 ] Tue, 07 June 2011 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zombie_ryushu  [PM]
Alright then, thats disappointing.
Re: Game Boy Classic, Super Game Boy, and Game Boy color. [message #2145 is a reply to message #2143 ] Tue, 07 June 2011 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zombie_ryushu  [PM]
Hold on, one clarification, does this mean the emulator can colorize a Classic Game Boy game?
Re: Game Boy Classic, Super Game Boy, and Game Boy color. [message #2146 is a reply to message #2145 ] Wed, 08 June 2011 04:59 Go to previous message
kgsws  [PM]
It can't. That will need something more than just original bios.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:PulseAudio-compatible audio
Next Topic:Mednafen IPv6 support
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 09:50:38 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.