Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Site » News » Mednafen 0.9.0 WIP
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Mednafen 0.9.0 WIP [message #1747 is a reply to message #1746 ] Mon, 31 May 2010 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zombie_ryushu  [PM]
Mess is superior in a few ways, inferior in others. For the platforms that Mednafen supports, Mednafen is clearly the better choice. everything is easier and more consistent on Mednafen. But there are platforms that are better on Mess:

Cons of Mednafen.
Mednafen does not support using the Game boy Color roms to colorize Classic Game boy games.

Mednafen does not support Super Game Boy. Super Gameboy Roms run in classic mode.

Mednafen does not support Atari 5200, or 7800.
Mednafen does not support Sharp X68000

Pro's of Mednafen
MESS's SNES, NES, and Genesis support is awful.
Mednafen supports vastly superior Game Boy Color, and Game boy Advance support.

So, if like me you are part of the WahCade project, there are times to use MESS, times to use Gens-gs, and times to use Mednafen, and times to use snes9x-gtk.
Re: Mednafen 0.9.0 WIP [message #1752 is a reply to message #1691 ] Sat, 05 June 2010 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sliver X  [PM]
Quote:

Reading between the lines i saw the support of the mega cd bios.
Can emulate it in some way?
Should also emulate the CUE file support similar to that of PC-CD?

You can load a Sega CD game like so:

mednafen -loadcd md "Whatever.cue"

However, the BIOS just does an initial load and hangs there, with every BIOS variant I can find. If this and 32X worked fully it would allow me to ditch Gens and Fusion for Windows and Linux.
Re: Mednafen 0.9.0 WIP [message #1753 is a reply to message #1662 ] Sat, 05 June 2010 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
funlife81  [PM]
I'm on Ubuntu Lucid, can anyone provide a .deb for this Sad
Re: Mednafen 0.9.0 WIP [message #1762 is a reply to message #1662 ] Fri, 11 June 2010 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
I find a small bug in win version.

The "autosave" command don't work anymore.
Atari Jaguar, the last lost console. [message #1763 is a reply to message #1762 ] Fri, 11 June 2010 20:49 Go to previous message
zombie_ryushu  [PM]
If possible, please consider getting Atari Jaguar support working. It is the last lost console.
Pages (2): [ «    1  2]  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Next Topic:Mednafen 0.9.12-wip
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 4 22:15:17 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.