Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » Mednaffe: Another GUI for Windows & Linux
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Mednaffe: Another GUI for Windows & Linux [message #1788] Thu, 12 August 2010 18:17 Go to next message
AmatCoder  [PM]
Mednaffe is a front-end (GUI) for Mednafen emulator.

Homepage is here.

You can see some screenshoots here.

You don't need to install Mednaffe. It's a standalone executable and it saves configuration to a ini file.

- In Windows, just unzip in same directory where Mednafen is.

- In Linux, just unzip below your 'home' directory (or wherever you have write permissions). Mednafen emulator must be installed.

For uninstall, simply delete the Mednaffe executable and ini file.

I hope you find it useful.

Regards.
Re: Mednaffe: Another GUI for Windows & Linux [message #1841 is a reply to message #1788 ] Fri, 24 September 2010 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dullaron  [PM]
Are you going to release a beta version for the Mednafen beta version as well?
Re: Mednaffe: Another GUI for Windows & Linux [message #1842 is a reply to message #1841 ] Mon, 27 September 2010 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AmatCoder  [PM]
Yes, but later.

Now, I'm working on next version (0.3 - Some fixes and Qt version for Linux)

For 0.4 I will try to support 0.9.x if documentation is available.

Regards.
Re: Mednaffe: Another GUI for Windows & Linux [message #1852 is a reply to message #1788 ] Fri, 01 October 2010 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dullaron  [PM]
I hope you get the documentation. =)
Re: Mednaffe: Another GUI for Windows & Linux [message #1861 is a reply to message #1842 ] Thu, 21 October 2010 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gravis  [PM]
AmatCoder wrote on Mon, 27 September 2010 17:03

Yes, but later.

Now, I'm working on next version (0.3 - Some fixes and Qt version for Linux)

For 0.4 I will try to support 0.9.x if documentation is available.

Regards.

it would be nice if you could release the source code. really it's poor form to make a closed source frontend for a GPL emulator.
Re: Mednaffe: Another GUI for Windows & Linux [message #1865 is a reply to message #1852 ] Fri, 22 October 2010 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AmatCoder  [PM]
You are right.

It was always my intention to make it as open source but each time I think that code quality is not good (and messy as well) and it embarrasses me... Embarassed

But as this is not an excuse, I will try to clean the code and version 0.4 will be released as open source (most probably GPL or derivative).

Before, I go to release 0.3 (likely this weekend), but if somebody does not want to wait, I can to send the sources by request.( But I warn: Read the code can damage your eyes Razz )

Regards.
Re: Mednaffe: Another GUI for Windows & Linux [message #1867 is a reply to message #1788 ] Sun, 24 October 2010 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AmatCoder  [PM]
Version 0.3 is available.

Changelog:
  - New: Qt version for Linux.
  - Rewrite 'Scanlines' component for better understanding.
  - Rewrite 'Resolution' and 'Scale' components for better 
      usability.
  - Now Mednaffe remember his position on the screen

You can download it here.
icon9.gif  Re: Mednaffe: Another GUI for Windows & Linux [message #1869 is a reply to message #1867 ] Wed, 27 October 2010 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gravis  [PM]
So... where is the source code you promised? Sad
Re: Mednaffe: Another GUI for Windows & Linux [message #1870 is a reply to message #1788 ] Wed, 27 October 2010 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Gravis, improve your reading abilities and/or stop being antagonistic. :b
Re: Mednaffe: Another GUI for Windows & Linux [message #1872 is a reply to message #1870 ] Thu, 28 October 2010 15:37 Go to previous message
gravis  [PM]
whoops, i thought he said he would release it at version 0.3 Embarassed

the forum software was not responding as expected (everything was staying collapsed). Confused it was hard to read all the thread posts again so i didnt see the post with the info about releasing the source. i fixed the settings in my account. that was a bizarre forum style.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 October 2010 15:40]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mednafen for GP2X/Wiz/Caanoo?
Next Topic:PCE.emu 1.3.2 (unofficial Android, iOS, WebOS, & PS3 port of Mednafen)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 11:17:13 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.