Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » MedGui translation
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
MedGui translation [message #2040] Mon, 07 February 2011 08:19 Go to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Hello everyone!
I would like to add multilanguage support to MedGui, but at this point I need your help.
Below you will find a small program freeware to edit resx file containing all the controls of the MedGui in English language.
If you have a couple free minutes of your day and want to help me there would be very grateful.

Thx in advance. Smile

The resx editor (it's simple to use):
http://code.google.com/p/simpleresxeditor/downloads/detail?name=SimpleResxEditor-v0.6.6.0.zip&can=2&q=

If you want to test itself the resource , first you will convert the resource in dll file.

You can operate this step:

1 - Convert the .resx file to a valid .resources file using resgen.exe
Quote:

Example:
resgen.exe /compile MedGui.fr.resx

2 - Convert .resource file into a dll using al.exe
Quote:

Example:
al.exe /out:fr\MedGui.resources.dll /culture:fr /embedresource:strings.fr.resources

This will put the resultant DLL in a sub folder named after the culture (fr in this case) which is the location the resource manager expects to find them.
You would do the same with the your language etc. resources - just change the fr to correctly reflect the culture.

When you will have MedGui.resources.dll, you create a folder named with your language system, for example in my case "it" and put MedGui.resources.dll inside it.
The folder must go in the same directory of MedGui.

MedGui resource file attached in topic.

[Updated on: Sun, 13 February 2011 18:02]

Re: MedGui translation [message #2045 is a reply to message #2040 ] Sat, 12 February 2011 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marchbiggg  [PM]
It's Chinese (Simplified) resource

This file is to help my friends to upload

Re: MedGui translation [message #2052 is a reply to message #2045 ] Mon, 14 February 2011 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
marchbiggg many tabks for your translation and your help to debug new language function.

I have upload new MedGui version and your translation, i have tested it in "Chinese Republic resource", (i think) it's different from Chinese Simplified.

If you have problems to localize MedGui, try to rename zh-CN folder into zh-CHS.

If you have again problems, please report it in this topic or in MedGui topic.

Thanks in advance Smile
Re: MedGui translation [message #2053 is a reply to message #2052 ] Mon, 14 February 2011 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marchbiggg  [PM]
Thanks for your message

I will test and report Very Happy
Re: MedGui translation [message #2054 is a reply to message #2040 ] Tue, 15 February 2011 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khiav  [PM]
Translation

Chinese Traditional(zh-TW)

• Attachment: zh-tw.zip
    (Size: 130.19KB, Downloaded 312 time(s))

Re: MedGui translation [message #2055 is a reply to message #2040 ] Tue, 15 February 2011 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khiav  [PM]
Sorry po again @.@

[Updated on: Tue, 15 February 2011 13:29]

Re: MedGui translation [message #2058 is a reply to message #2040 ] Wed, 16 February 2011 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
khiav thx for Taiwanese language.
I have upload this in medgui server.
Re: MedGui translation [message #2059 is a reply to message #2058 ] Thu, 17 February 2011 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khiav  [PM]
thanks... ^^
Re: MedGui translation [message #2341 is a reply to message #2040 ] Tue, 03 January 2012 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khiav  [PM]
Chinese Traditional translation
from 1.990 src
Include resx & dll

find bug ........@.@

[Updated on: Tue, 03 January 2012 02:28]

Re: MedGui translation [message #2342 is a reply to message #2341 ] Tue, 03 January 2012 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Thank you for your interest and for the work.
I'll try to re-implement support for translations, unfortunately making changes to the GUI and using translations slip through the form controls.
Vb NET is not just the state of the art for programming Sad

Ummm the link to download is missing.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 January 2012 03:46]

Re: MedGui translation [message #2343 is a reply to message #2342 ] Tue, 03 January 2012 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khiav  [PM]
index.php?t=getfile&id=319&private=0

just find bug .... So del file....
now fixed ... upload file ...

Re: MedGui translation [message #2344 is a reply to message #2343 ] Tue, 03 January 2012 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Can you test this version with your resource language?

• Attachment: MedGui.zip
    (Size: 663.88KB, Downloaded 228 time(s))

Re: MedGui translation [message #2345 is a reply to message #2344 ] Tue, 03 January 2012 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khiav  [PM]
Cnt't use new language file ...
nothing happen...

The new language file from 1.990 src (MedGui.resx ,MedGuiSimple.resx ,GuiOpt.resx
>>> just rename >>>
MedGui.zh-TW.resx ,MedGuiSimple.zh-TW.resx ,GuiOpt.zh-TW.resx)

Maby it's wrong,the way i used

------------------------------------------------

but 1.60 language file can use ...???

index.php?t=getfile&id=321&private=0

Can make new Standard Language resource for test @.@

[Updated on: Wed, 04 January 2012 05:17]

Re: MedGui translation [message #2352 is a reply to message #2345 ] Tue, 10 January 2012 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Sorry if i answer late.

Try this version:

• Attachment: MedGui.7z
    (Size: 356.97KB, Downloaded 194 time(s))

Re: MedGui translation [message #2390 is a reply to message #2352 ] Tue, 17 January 2012 13:42 Go to previous message
khiav  [PM]
the same as previous version....
just can use 1.60 language file....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RTC problem and possible fix
Next Topic:GambNafen r0.0.60 - a GUI Frontend for Mednafen Linux 0.9.25
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 12:28:28 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.