Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » Instead of a frontend, a QT-based full GUI --attn mednafen developers
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Instead of a frontend, a QT-based full GUI --attn mednafen developers [message #2394] Sun, 22 January 2012 04:47 Go to next message
airzonk  [PM]
I'm a novice programmer, I've done most of my programming in sh but this could be a very interesting project.

Mednafen is GPL right?

Why couldn't I have a look at the source, and build a cross-platform COMPLETE emulator (not just launcher) with QT? It would take a lot of work, since the UI wouldn't just be stringing together a list of arguements to pass to mednafen.exe or /usr/bin/mednafen (or whatever); instead, mednafen and/or the other C/C++ source files would have to be turned into libraries.

Anyone on the mednafen team (and anyone else) have any opinion on this idea?

Thx
airzonk
Re: Instead of a frontend, a QT-based full GUI --attn mednafen developers [message #2486 is a reply to message #2394 ] Tue, 17 April 2012 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sparklewind  [PM]
I am not a developer, but I think it's a great idea! Especially if you could make audio and video more "native", by using Xaudio2 and Direct3D directly on Windows, or whatever is appropriate on Linux (OpenGL for video I guess).
Re: Instead of a frontend, a QT-based full GUI --attn mednafen developers [message #2531 is a reply to message #2486 ] Sat, 26 May 2012 03:26 Go to previous message
isynx  [PM]
I personally don't like the front end or gui. Command line is simpler and help to debug. But if the guy is really smoothly well done why not?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Updating Master System
Next Topic:Mednafen sound output generating too many samples
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 13:14:53 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.