Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Site » News » Mednafen 0.9.22-WIP
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Mednafen 0.9.22-WIP [message #2517] Tue, 15 May 2012 04:50 Go to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Especially notable end-user-visible changes with this release:
  • Misc minor PSX emulation tweaks.
  • Fixed PSX SPU emulation handling of illegal/excessive voice frequency values, fixes broken sound effects in "Tales of Phantasia", and other games.
  • Added missing L3 and R3 buttons to PSX Dual Analog gamepad emulation.
  • Improved Sega Genesis/Megadrive YM2612 emulation.
  • Slightly improved Sega Genesis/Megadrive VDP emulation timing.

Backwards-incompatibilities:
  • Sega Genesis/Megadrive save states from 0.9.21-WIP and earlier will not load properly, with respect to YM2612 state.

Toggle Spoiler

[Updated on: Fri, 14 November 2014 21:56]

icon14.gif  Re: Mednafen 0.9.22-WIP [message #2521 is a reply to message #2517 ] Fri, 18 May 2012 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hatsuyuki  [PM]
Thanks for a great release! Gonna check out all these MD emulation improvements Rolling Eyes

I wanted to ask you if you have a kind of a roadmap. I'm talking about whats and not whens Razz

Another question is whether you are planning to update SNES emulation. I've lost track of bsnes updates, so I don't really know if the outcome is worth your effort Confused
Re: Mednafen 0.9.22-WIP [message #2525 is a reply to message #2517 ] Sat, 19 May 2012 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goldenegg  [PM]
Can't seem to compile this on OS X.

Quote:

g++ -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -ffast-math -I/opt/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -I../../include -I../../intl -I../.. -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include -fsigned-char -Wall -Winline -Wshadow -Wempty-body -Wignored-qualifiers -g -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -finline-limit=6000 --param large-function-growth=800 --param inline-unit-growth=175 --param max-inline-insns-single=10000 -fno-strict-overflow -MT memdebugger.o -MD -MP -MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o memdebugger.o memdebugger.cpp &&\
mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Po
memdebugger.cpp: In member function 'virtual void MemDebuggerPrompt::TheEnd(const string&)':
memdebugger.cpp:420:25: error: 'ICONV_CONST' was not declared in this scope
memdebugger.cpp:420:37: error: expected ')' before 'char'
memdebugger.cpp: In function 'void MemDebugger_Draw(SDL_Surface*, const SDL_Rect*, const SDL_Rect*)':
memdebugger.cpp:749:24: error: 'ICONV_CONST' was not declared in this scope
memdebugger.cpp:749:36: error: expected ')' before 'char'
memdebugger.cpp: In function 'int MemDebugger_Event(const SDL_Event*)':
memdebugger.cpp:902:45: error: 'ICONV_CONST' was not declared in this scope
memdebugger.cpp:902:57: error: expected ')' before 'char'
make[2]: *** [memdebugger.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

[Updated on: Sat, 19 May 2012 23:21]

Re: Mednafen 0.9.22-WIP [message #2533 is a reply to message #2517 ] Sat, 26 May 2012 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
megadriver  [PM]
Hello there. Great release, as always!

Here's a small and fairly innocuous patch to make the PAL-only Power Strike II for the Master System run at the correct speed.

It would be great if this insignificant, almost trivial change could be implemented in the next version Smile

Thanks in advance!

Re: Mednafen 0.9.22-WIP [message #2534 is a reply to message #2517 ] Sat, 26 May 2012 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goldenegg  [PM]
I was able to solve my MacOS compile problem. I use GCC47 as my default and apparently that causes problems with the build. Disabling 4.7 and using the default Apple 4.2 version allowed 0.9.22 to compile without issue.
Re: Mednafen 0.9.22-WIP [message #2562 is a reply to message #2517 ] Wed, 06 June 2012 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Squarepusher  [PM]
Hi there,

good job on the PSX core. We got it working fairly quickly on RetroArch.

I noticed a problem with Tomb Raider 1 (NTSC-U - SLUS_001.52) - if I press Start in the tutorial level (this is at the place where you're just past all the crates in the main hall and are in the gym all), it will crash.
Re: Mednafen 0.9.22-WIP [message #2607 is a reply to message #2521 ] Fri, 06 July 2012 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Hatsuyuki wrote on Fri, 18 May 2012 07:47

Another question is whether you are planning to update SNES emulation. I've lost track of bsnes updates, so I don't really know if the outcome is worth your effort Confused

Maybe eventually, no earlier than gcc 4.6(or 4.7) being in Debian stable, though. There aren't a huge number of benefits to updating to the newest bsnes for the casual SNES game player, and there are a number of drawbacks(increased CPU usage, requiring firmware, etc).
Re: Mednafen 0.9.22-WIP [message #2608 is a reply to message #2533 ] Fri, 06 July 2012 18:06 Go to previous message
Administrator  [PM]
megadriver wrote on Sat, 26 May 2012 09:38

Hello there. Great release, as always!

Here's a small and fairly innocuous patch to make the PAL-only Power Strike II for the Master System run at the correct speed.

It would be great if this insignificant, almost trivial change could be implemented in the next version Smile

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I forgot about this for 0.9.23-WIP, I'll include it for 0.9.24-WIP however.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mednafen 0.9.21-WIP
Next Topic:Mednafen 0.9.23-WIP
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 08:53:16 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.