Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » Nintendo DS support?
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Nintendo DS support? [message #2662] Mon, 13 August 2012 15:32 Go to next message
Eusebio  [PM]
Bsnes supports nintendo DS emulation since 0.90 version as you can see here http://byuu.org/

It would be possible integrate DS emulation code into Mednafen?

Re: Nintendo DS support? [message #2666 is a reply to message #2662 ] Wed, 15 August 2012 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stranno  [PM]
It is not included on bsnes, it is included on Higan, the new byuu related interface to bnes, bsnes, bgbc and bgba

The NDS core is called dasShiny by Cydrak and its in VERY preliminar stage, its quite incompatible and dont recognize even type of roms or savestates. And its totally unoptimized atm, you will need a really beast in order to reach fullspeed

No$GBA and Desmume are still better options in order to final user experience. Who knows in future? Maybe Nocash back to rule over all them (hahaha ... no)

I dont think NDS is really needed in Mednafen, there are much more interesting platforms like 3DO core from Freedo source or CDi core, something like that (dont know if its even possible)
Re: Nintendo DS support? [message #2668 is a reply to message #2666 ] Fri, 17 August 2012 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sparklewind  [PM]
stranno wrote on Wed, 15 August 2012 10:03

I dont think NDS is really needed in Mednafen, there are much more interesting platforms like 3DO core from Freedo source or CDi core, something like that (dont know if its even possible)

I'd like to see that as well. Or maybe improve the emulation of a couple of Sega consoles with the help of Genesis Plus GX's code. The newest version even has Sega CD emulation.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 August 2012 10:13]

Re: Nintendo DS support? [message #2792 is a reply to message #2662 ] Thu, 13 December 2012 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AnotherLife  [PM]
Kega Fusion is so close to perfection for MegaDrive/32X/SegaCD that personally I don't care that much. And DesMume is progressing awesomely, too.

My interest is in the rapidly improving psx emulation, I like to see the efforts to continue in that direction. Very Happy Very Happy

EDIT: Oops, I'm some months late to this thread lol

[Updated on: Thu, 13 December 2012 15:54]

Re: Nintendo DS support? [message #2796 is a reply to message #2792 ] Sun, 16 December 2012 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patryn  [PM]
Since this thread has already risen from its slumber:

I agree mostly, that I don't think NDS is a priority. In fact, right now, I think that it wouldn't even fit into Mednafen's concept.

However, I'm really looking forward to Sega CD and 32x emulation being added to Mednafen.

And, also, I do think 3DO and CD-I would also fit perfectly to Mednafen's concept.

And, by the way, I love Mednafen's PSX emulation. It is already my number 1 choice for a PSX emulator. Can't wait until savestates work!
Re: Nintendo DS support? [message #2798 is a reply to message #2662 ] Sun, 16 December 2012 08:50 Go to previous message
stranno  [PM]
Savestates and net support on PSX should be great.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:PSX BIOS ROMs
Next Topic:Mednafen 0.9.27-WIP binaries for Mac
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 08:38:37 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.