Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » Mednafen 0.9.25-WIP binaries for Mac
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Mednafen 0.9.25-WIP binaries for Mac [message #2695] Sat, 13 October 2012 14:26 Go to next message
Weedy Weed Smoker  [PM]
Thanks to idyll, we can all compile the latest version on Mac.

So... Here is 0.9.25 !
With Jazzin's Front-End, NekoLauncher !

Compiled (fine) on Mountain Lion. I updated idyll's script with a link to a newer version of libsndfile, and I had to install XQuartz as X11 is no longer part of the system.

Have fun !

The Files

mednafen & NekoLauncher Mednafen 0.9.25.zip
For Mac OS X 10.6.8 or newer. Includes both the Mednafen backend and the NekoLauncher Mednafen frontend.

mednafen_0.9.25-wip_macosx_x86_64.zip
Just the Mednafen binaries for Mac OS X 10.6.8.

mednafen_0.9.25-wip_compile_macosx.zip
If you want to compile your own binaries...

[Updated on: Sun, 21 October 2012 16:21]

Re: Mednafen 0.9.25-WIP binaries for Mac [message #2699 is a reply to message #2695 ] Sun, 14 October 2012 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lordmaliss  [PM]
Hey there! Long time user of mednafen, first time poster!

First of all: Thanks to you and idyll for taking your own time to make this process transparent. Also for your recommendation of Xquartz. I'm running 10.6.8.

For whatever reason, idyll's package(9.22) works perfectly, but neither of yours have(9.24 or 9.25). Both exhibit behavior 9.22 does not:

When I try to launch a game, mednafen crashes(these are known good dumps that run flawlessly in idyll's 9.22/other emulators/mednafen under windows).

Looks like this:
index.php?t=getfile&id=419&private=0

Then NekoLauncher gives me this:
index.php?t=getfile&id=420&private=0

The log for which looks like this:
index.php?t=getfile&id=421&private=0

I'm sure I'm missing something stupid simple but I thought I'd share-- I'm not sure why idyll's build works and yours doesn't. And again, thanks a ton for your time and energy, whether you can help with this or not.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 October 2012 01:26]

Re: Mednafen 0.9.25-WIP binaries for Mac [message #2701 is a reply to message #2699 ] Mon, 15 October 2012 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Weedy Weed Smoker  [PM]
Okay, I compiled it on Snow Leopard, as the libsndfile version that was compilable on Mountain Lion has just been removed from the site.

As a side-benefit, it is now compatible with Snow leopard. Thanks for your feedback BTW, I wouldn't have installed Xcode on my Snow Leopard machine if it was just for me.

Re: Mednafen 0.9.25-WIP binaries for Mac [message #2703 is a reply to message #2701 ] Mon, 15 October 2012 15:21 Go to previous message
lordmaliss  [PM]
Works perfectly. Thanks again!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mednafen 0.9.26-WIP binaries for Mac
Next Topic:PulseAudio support
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 12:43:40 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.