Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » Change to make source compatible with Haiku
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Change to make source compatible with Haiku [message #2802] Thu, 20 December 2012 21:02 Go to next message
sparklewind  [PM]
In src/tremor/misc.h, please add the following above #if BYTE_ORDER==LITTLE_ENDIAN:
#include <endian.h>

It will make the source compile on Haiku.

It actually runs pretty fine. Screenshot: http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/2347/screenshot3knj.png
Re: Change to make source compatible with Haiku [message #3086 is a reply to message #2802 ] Sat, 08 June 2013 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RunnerPack  [PM]
Hi, sparklewind,

I'm trying to build mednafen on Haiku R1 Alpha 4.1 (running in Oracle VirtualBox) and configure gives me:

"could not find working option to disable strict overflow"

Do you have a workaround? Do you have a working makefile? (although I'd prefer to use configure, since I want to disable some of the emulator cores).

Thanks!
Re: Change to make source compatible with Haiku [message #3088 is a reply to message #2802 ] Wed, 12 June 2013 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sparklewind  [PM]
If you're using a build of Haiku that uses GCC2 as its main compiler (such as the official Alphas) I think you will get a lot more problems than just that error. I suggest you install a nightly build, either GCC4 hybrid or just GCC4.

http://haiku-files.org/unsupported-builds/x86-gcc4hybrid/
http://haiku-files.org/unsupported-builds/x86-gcc4/

If you can't compile mednafen on either of those I'll look into it.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 June 2013 16:13]

Re: Change to make source compatible with Haiku [message #3089 is a reply to message #3088 ] Thu, 13 June 2013 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RunnerPack  [PM]
That seems to have done the trick.

Now I'm working on getting the dependencies in order. SDL seems to have installed properly, but libcdio is being troublesome.

Thanks again!
Re: Change to make source compatible with Haiku [message #3090 is a reply to message #3089 ] Thu, 13 June 2013 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sparklewind  [PM]
Glad that fixed it. Yeah, dependencies are a bit tricky. I think I got all of them through HaikuPorter, but it's a bit hard to use. Hopefully the package manager they're working on will be ready soon and will simplify things.

If you just want to get it running quickly, there is also the binary that I uploaded some time ago: http://haikuware.com/directory/view-details/emulators/game-systems/mednafen

It is however a bit outdated.. I really need to update it..
Re: Change to make source compatible with Haiku [message #3112 is a reply to message #3090 ] Fri, 05 July 2013 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RunnerPack  [PM]
Well, I guess I'm not smart enough to do this... I can't even get HaikuPorter to install. It might be the tiny "virtual drive" that comes with Haiku. It's too small to do anything useful. (I should have gotten the CD image...)

I don't really have enough time to mess with it now, anyway. If/when I get Haiku running on actual hardware, I'll just use your build (unless it's waaay out of date by then Laughing)

Maybe this thread will be of help to someone, though.
Re: Change to make source compatible with Haiku [message #3123 is a reply to message #3112 ] Tue, 09 July 2013 13:00 Go to previous message
sparklewind  [PM]
I just installed Haiku again and HaikuPorter won't install anything. I guess it's just unstable. Or I'm not very smart either. I do intend to update it, but I think I'll for wait a while again and see how things develop first.

Most of the changes to mednafen since the version I uploaded concern PS1 emulation, so how terrible the lack of updates is will mostly depend on whether you intend to use the PS1 core or not. Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 09 July 2013 13:10]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:[Need Help] MedGui Reborn Box Art
Next Topic:Mednafen 0.9.29-WIP binaries for Mac [UPDATED]
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Wed May 1 23:09:25 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.