Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » neGcon support
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
neGcon support [message #2960] Tue, 05 March 2013 15:05 Go to next message
nightmareci  [PM]
Currently Mednafen's neGcon support doesn't work properly with the controller adapter that I have. I have an EMS USB2, and the analogue buttons don't work properly in-game, and the digital part of the analogue buttons also doesn't work right; if you press down on the I, II, or L buttons all the way, they send a digital button press to the computer instead of just an analogue signal. If there's a specific adapter the neGcon support was coded for, I'd like to know which one it is so I could maybe get that adapter.

The analogue portion of the analogue buttons works as follows with the EMS USB2: When unpressed, they seem to send a value of +32767, but when pressed they send a lower and lower value until -32767, when the buttons are pressed all the way. (The values taken from the jstest program) I'm not sure how Mednafen could have both the analogue inputs AND the digital inputs of the analogue buttons, but without such support neGcon games don't work right.

I also noticed that at least in Wipeout (the first one), there is a constant turning to the left when in-game, so it can only be Mednafen or my EMS USB2 adapter at fault, as my neGcon is brand new, and playing games on the real PlayStation works just fine with my neGcon. Though I did just try a different adapter I have, and the twisting motion works fine in Mednafen, but it doesn't work with the L button's analogue or digital portions.
Re: neGcon support [message #2961 is a reply to message #2960 ] Tue, 05 March 2013 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
You'll need to make use of the "F3" key function in Mednafen if you're using a non-MS-XInput controller with analog buttons or not running under Windows:

Quote:

F3

Detect analog buttons on physical joysticks/gamepads(for use with the input configuration process).

Twirl all sticks and D-pads and press all analog buttons on any physical gamepads/joysticks with analog buttons you want to use in the input configuration process, then press F3. Then, configure input as normal. The detected analog buttons will be recognized during input configuration until Mednafen exits; if you exit Mednafen and restart, and want to configure input devices again, you'll need to repeat the twirling-pressing-F3 process again).

Though if your joystick adapter presents multiple virtual(analog and digital) buttons for the same physical button, Mednafen's input configuration process might get tripped up.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 March 2013 19:00]

Re: neGcon support [message #2962 is a reply to message #2961 ] Tue, 05 March 2013 20:51 Go to previous message
nightmareci  [PM]
Thank you. My real neGcon with my alternate adapter works perfectly in Mednafen now.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Problems running fullscreen on a Mac
Next Topic:[Feature request] Symbolic debugging?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 13:15:08 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.