Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » [Feature request] Symbolic debugging?
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  [Feature request] Symbolic debugging? [message #3010] Sun, 24 March 2013 09:52
usr_share  [PM]
I've seen in a changelog that some work was done on being able to add comments to the game code debugged in Mednafen's debugger, and I'd like to ask if this feature will be worked on in the future.

An equally important feature would be to be able to add labels to RAM or [bank-dependent] ROM locations, with all the references to these locations being rewritten in the same way (e.g. ORA $#### becoming ORA label...)

That would make NES debugging in Linux a much easier task to do -- right now the only viable option is FCEUX/Wine, which has its problems.

(The FCEUX debugger does both by loading labels and comments from text files named "<rom_name>.<hexadecimal_bank_num_or_"RAM">.nl" written in a specific format, one label/comment per line:

$addr#label#comment
$addr#label#a multiline comment, spreading across
\two lines in the debugger.
$addr/F#label#an array of 16 (0 to F) values, displayed as <label>[i] in the debugger

I wonder if something similar could be implemented in Mednafen.)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:neGcon support
Next Topic:Idea for GB/GBA link cable emulation
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 08:53:42 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.