Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » MedGui Reborn v0.124 & MetroMed Beta 11 - A GUI/Frontend for Mednafen WIN OS
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon4.gif  MedGui Reborn v0.124 & MetroMed Beta 11 - A GUI/Frontend for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3057] Sat, 18 May 2013 11:36 Go to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
MedGui v2.00 aka MedGui Reborn.

Download full binary here:
https://img.shields.io/sourceforge/dt/medguireborn.svg

Or by

GitHub Here

Source Code on GitHub Page

For help, bug, request and shit I opened a channel on Discord

Video tutorial

If you want to add the mount on the fly function for cd image file compressed into zip format or converted into Compact File Set format , you need Pismo File Mount Audit Package installed on your pc.
MedGuiR full version also include "Spismo", a frontend to ptiso.exe to convert cd image file into cfs compressed format (press ? to open the how to).

You can join MedGuiR Discord channel to learn how to use/create cfs and zip archive, and make it usable by MedGui Reborn.

For those who would like to help me set the server containing the Box Art, I implemented a function that copies the name of the rom from the menu with the details of the game (just click on it), the name obtained can be posted at the following link in order to give me the ability to correct or add the cover.
Again I take this opportunity to thank you Dissection infinitely, which is helping me a lot,AnnaWu for bug test and suggestion, ilovelinux for the bug test/suggestion,Scall from ##mednafen-it channel for How-To revision and suggestion, domic10 for bug test, ASNiVOR (MedLaunch author) for suggestion and tips and Ryphecha for putting up with all my questions and requests.

Now MedGuiR support Snapshot image in .png format, you can create your custom snaps by "Snaps Manager".
If you do not want to create your own custom snaps, you can download a ready package from here.
In addiction MedGuiR support the import or any image to make your custom Box Art, double mouse right click on a name of game to open advanced menu and select "Import from file".
Anyway for lazy people i have upload a pack with BoxArt (more Japan release are missing), get it from here.

Please do not abuse of MedClient service, if you have set a server FTP for public usage, please write in this topic the public credentials, and possibly I will insert a list of this server on the front-end.

MedGui Reborn in addiction use this program/file:
- SevenZipSharp.dll for the support at compressed archive
- 7z.dll for the support at compressed archive
- NoIntro DATs for get real name of the rom
- IrcClient.dll for IRC Chat support
- TheGamesDB API for Boxart Scraping
- SoX for convert/play wav<>ogg file
- FMod.dll to play mod in About screen
- CoreAudioApi to manage volume peak for left and right channel on About screen (only on Vista and upper OS)
- Multimedia PeakMeter Control dll to visualize volume peak on About screen
- unecm.exe to unpack ecm file format
- DiscTools.dll to detect PSX serial number and PC-FX cue/ccd file
- ps1titles_us_eu_jp.txt from CaptainCPS-X for get real PSX Name
- vgmPlay.exe to convert vgm/vgz file in bin format
- Modland server for get all chip music
- GameHacking.org for cheats codes in Mednafen format
- An FTP client library for .NET 2.0 for perform all ftp job on MedClient session
- Mico and Sico to convert png to ico
- A modified version of GBS2GB to convert gbs in gb format
- Superb console icon set by Yoshi-kun
- Json.NET to manage and convert json into xml.

MetroMed is a standalone "appendix" of MedGui.
You must to prescan, download boxart or scrape info of your rom collection from MedGui Reborn to use MetroMed.
MetroMed have all basic options to play a local or online session, you can always start MedGui from it to perform advanced session.
To start a game perform a double click on a cover, other operations are available by perform a right click mouse on the cover.
At the moment cover art for cue, ccd or m3u file is not supported.

MetroMed in addiction use this portion of code/dll:
- Image Transition in VB.NET Windows Forms
- Metroframework for Metro theme and style

MedPad is standalone "appendix" developed how plugin to MedGuiR.
Performing a double right mouse click on a name rom on the grid you can open MedPad and save a per game Input config or a generic (standard) Input config, for all emulator and device supported by Mednafen.
You can use anyway it without MedGuiR by open it directly.

MedPad in addiction use this dll to manage input:
- SlimDX

Change log MedGuiR:
Toggle Spoiler

Change log MetroMed:
Toggle Spoiler

Any screen:

"How-To":
Toggle Spoiler

To update the GUI in an intermediate version , tick the option located in the "General" tab > "Force" and press "Updates" button.

• Attachment: themed.PNG
    (Size: 153.38KB, Downloaded 19758 time(s))

• Attachment: advanced.png
    (Size: 133.56KB, Downloaded 19639 time(s))

• Attachment: strandard.PNG
    (Size: 206.89KB, Downloaded 19615 time(s))

• Attachment: MetroMed1.jpg
    (Size: 243.44KB, Downloaded 55385 time(s))

• Attachment: MetroMed2.jpg
    (Size: 270.27KB, Downloaded 53381 time(s))

• Attachment: setting.PNG
    (Size: 16.36KB, Downloaded 19535 time(s))

• Attachment: cheat.PNG
    (Size: 36.02KB, Downloaded 19574 time(s))

[Updated on: Wed, 10 January 2024 13:30]

Re: MedGui Reborn Beta r7 [message #3079 is a reply to message #3057 ] Wed, 29 May 2013 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hatsuyuki  [PM]
Hi, Speedvicio! Congrats on your fatherhood Razz

MedGui Reborn doesn't work with a physical CD-ROM yet, does it?

There are two feature requests from my friend, who is too shy to talk to you in person. He'd like to be able to download Mednafen and assign gamepad buttons via MedGui Reborn.
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta r7 [message #3080 is a reply to message #3079 ] Thu, 30 May 2013 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Hi!
Thanks for Congrats.
I have update MedGuiR to v0.02 with a control to verify the Mednafen version used, if the version is < of 0.9.28-WIP, the GUI propose download from its present topic in this forum.
Download it from the autodownloading function inside MedGuiR.
For physical CD-ROM, the code is inside the main project , but has been disabled intentionally because in my tests mednafen reports a read error on virtual cd (probably this error does not appear with a physical cd).

I decided to not enable automatic downloading of Mednafen from my server so as not to distort any statistics on download emulator and to bring people in this forum.
With regard to the assignment of the keys, I had worked hard on a project that was able to read and assign the keys, writing the Mednafen configuration file , but the management of mednafen based on sdl while vb uses directx and my programming skills are pretty scarce.
If you want I can post the source code of the old project incomplete and maybe some expert could work.

[Updated on: Thu, 30 May 2013 12:14]

Re: MedGui Reborn Beta r7 [message #3081 is a reply to message #3080 ] Sat, 01 June 2013 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dissection  [PM]
I'm using MedGui Reborn and I'm really enjoying my congratulations for the great job.
I only have one problem the MedGui is not saving my settings
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta r7 [message #3083 is a reply to message #3081 ] Sun, 02 June 2013 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Thanks for the reply.
MedGuiR save the gui options in a local file named Mini.ini, inside it there are all GUI setting.
For Mednafen Setting , there is no specific file maked by GUI but is modified the mednafen configuration file, all changes are avaiable inside mednafen-09x.cfg file.
You must press the save button (before starting the emulation) located at the bottom dx of the setting form.

Sorry for the bad explanation.
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta r7 [message #3084 is a reply to message #3080 ] Sun, 02 June 2013 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hatsuyuki  [PM]
Well, I said that the buttons assignment is a whim, and my friend doesn't speak to me anymore Very Happy

As for optical drives, have you tried to make your virtual drive the first one? I can run disks when they are in the first optical drive and -loadcd doesn't have the path argument, i.e.
mednafen.exe -loadcd psx

It's quite a useful feature because one can run images in some proprietary formats Razz
icon5.gif  Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.026 a GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3103 is a reply to message #3057 ] Fri, 28 June 2013 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cashBandicoochie  [PM]
How come I can't get the frontend to display my roms in the library like in the photo on this thread?

I'm mainly using TurboGraphx-16/PCE games, so I chose the rom folder path in MedGui Reborn's options and nothing appears in the library. I tried the same folder path in the PC Engine section and the default section and nothing shows. I tired this with the roms compressed and uncompressed, yet they still don't show. They're all in .pce format from a No-Intro release. The same problem happens with all the other consoles too. The only way I can have a game appear in the library is by choosing the "load button" on the front, next to the "iso" button for only one game. Please help, I'd like to have my entire rom collection in the GUI library like the photo shows.

I have attached a photo to this post showing my problem.

Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.026 a GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3105 is a reply to message #3103 ] Sat, 29 June 2013 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Hello
The option to set the folder of the rom does not make a folder scan, but it serves to quickly open a specific path for each rom divided by type of console.
I did not want to implement the feature that you ask as the scanning to a folder containing an entire ROM set take more time.
However, if you want you can get around this constraint, extract the whole rom sets in the folder "RomTemp" contained within the folder MedGuiR, remember, however, that the scan will take a long time.
Unfortunately the motherboard of my PC is broken and I wait for new PC so you can make changes to MedGuiR,when I have the computer and a little time I could implement an additional option to scan the folders septate by user.
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.030 a GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3122 is a reply to message #3057 ] Tue, 09 July 2013 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Finally came the new PC, I was able to fiddle around a little with the code trying to eliminate some bugs and adding some improvements.
Soon I hope to implement scan folders rom as required by cashBandicoochie. Cool
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.036 a GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3148 is a reply to message #3057 ] Tue, 06 August 2013 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Hello guys, I've been working on a small utility that can create custom dat.
I have upload a Custom DAT for Atari - Lynx and NES roms, based on No-Intro romset but includes the headers missing in official No-Intro Dat.
I do not know if my rom fullset are complete, but should be nearly complete, if you want I can also post the utility that I wrote, again if someone can prove handy.

This is the link for the Custom NES_Lynx_DATs_with Headers

[Updated on: Tue, 06 August 2013 17:15]

Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.039 a GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3193 is a reply to message #3057 ] Sat, 14 September 2013 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mclane  [PM]
Hi there I know you have no built in directory scanning to list all the roms but I looked at the pictures here and it shows a list of roms you have ran in a window yet here I only see the individual rom I've ran, the previous one gets removed.

What am I doing wrong?

Its a pain to go looking for the same rom time after time
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.039 a GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3195 is a reply to message #3193 ] Sat, 14 September 2013 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
MedGui extract compressed rom in MeGuiR/RomTemp folder.
Every time you open a new rom , all previous rom contained in that folder are automatically deleted to preserve space.
If you want MedGui not delete the previously extracted rom ,just apply a flag at "Don't delete romtemp" which is located inside the MedGui window options.
However, this is an option that allows you to add your favorite rom iside a folder named "Favorites " that you can scan at any time by pressing the "Star" button located in the main MedGui window.
To add a bookmark just select a rom from the grid with the single click of your mouse and press the "f" key ,but if they want to remove one from the list, just press the "Delete/Canc" button.
Another way to get a list of your rom is to manually extract your romset in RomTemp or Favorite" folder , or if you prefer to save some space , you can compress your favorite rom in a single compressed file and then select it with MedGui.
If you read the README attached in MedGui you will find the basic functions of this frontend ,unfortunately translated into bad English.

Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.041 a GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3258 is a reply to message #3057 ] Tue, 03 December 2013 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
In my spare time i have made any change at the GUI.
as asked of I have added support to scan folders previously selected on the options menu.
Upon scanning the files contained in the folder is limited to zipped and unzipped format file, but I hope to extend at the rar and 7z file, that you can open in any case individually.
I have in mind a few other improvements to the GUI in order to avoid waiting times due to the scanning of the Roms and the addition of some other options.
If you have any special request, please write in the topic and time, son and capacity permitting I hope to fulfill.
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.041 a GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3259 is a reply to message #3258 ] Wed, 04 December 2013 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mclane  [PM]
Thank you for the addition, appreciated!
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.041 a GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3260 is a reply to message #3057 ] Wed, 04 December 2013 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mclane  [PM]

Just having an odd problem, the scanning worked fine but I've only selected a Snes path so far but when I look at the rom info for the chosen Snes game it shows it as a genesis title and downloads the Genesis cover.

As said the only roms pathed so far are my Snes directory that does not have a single genesis rom in it nor are there in in any sub paths..
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.041 a GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3261 is a reply to message #3260 ] Wed, 04 December 2013 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mclane  [PM]
A second question, it seems I have to scan the folder every time I run the GUI?

I have ticked the do not delete cache button and tried the button to swap between cache etc but no luck?

Is this meant to be the case?

Thanks..
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.041 a GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3262 is a reply to message #3057 ] Wed, 04 December 2013 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
For the first problem i have a question.
What os you are using?

For the cache I think you're trying to scan files in zip format.
In this version the zip files are not unpacked, for this reason you do not find these files in the cache.

For the problem of scanning folder, I plan to make the gui one initial scan and create some file in text or another format that stores the scanned rom.
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.041 a GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3263 is a reply to message #3262 ] Wed, 04 December 2013 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mclane  [PM]
Speedvicio wrote on Wed, 04 December 2013 10:23

For the first problem i have a question.
What os you are using?

For the cache I think you're trying to scan files in zip format.
In this version the zip files are not unpacked, for this reason you do not find these files in the cache.

For the problem of scanning folder, I plan to make the gui one initial scan and create some file in text or another format that stores the scanned rom.

Using Windows 7 x64

All the files in the directory are unzipped, just .sfc files.

And yes a one initial scan with option to update would be brilliant whenever you get the time, thanks.
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.041 a GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3264 is a reply to message #3263 ] Wed, 04 December 2013 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
The problem of the extension I had found yesterday evening when debugging, I thought I solved or at least on win 8 did not occur over the issue.
I'll probably have attached the buggy version of MedGui in this topic.
Tonight I check and fix everything.
Regarding the cache,I'm testing the current version from the PC I use at work, and the cache folder romtemp/favorites working properly, I do not know what kind of problem you feedback.
Can you explain better?
Remember I have a very poor knowledge of the English language.
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.041 a GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3265 is a reply to message #3264 ] Wed, 04 December 2013 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mclane  [PM]
Sorry I think it was MY poor use of the English language that's the problem here Smile

I made it sound by accident that the rescanning of the roms each time was to do with the cache which you answered perfectly before.

I have no problem with the cache..

I look forward to the one time scan and thank you for your help..
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.041 a GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3266 is a reply to message #3265 ] Wed, 04 December 2013 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Thank you for reporting.
As I thought I had accidentally entered the version containing the bug.
Sorry for the inconvenience, you can only download the correct version of the executable in the first topic or at this link:
http://forum.fobby.net/index.php?t=getfile&id=582&
If you encounter other bugs I would be grateful if you report it.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 December 2013 18:08]

Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.041 a GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3267 is a reply to message #3263 ] Wed, 04 December 2013 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Mclane wrote on Wed, 04 December 2013 14:26

Just having an odd problem, the scanning worked fine but I've only selected a Snes path so far but when I look at the rom info for the chosen Snes game it shows it as a genesis title and downloads the Genesis cover.

As said the only roms pathed so far are my Snes directory that does not have a single genesis rom in it nor are there in in any sub paths..

Finally i have found the problem.

In your snes rom folder you should have some bios with .bin extension.

The bin extension are recognize (wrongly) by MedGuiR like a Sega Megadrive rom, moreover many as the romset Tosec using the general bin extension to all existing systems.
The management of Tosec dat would have been too complex for me, I would have to merge all dats in a single file, the result would be a single dat huge,scanning the md5 would have been much longer and would have been more complex to update dat for each console.
I had forgotten to put a further check of the Rom in the selection of the same, therefore the extension was read only for the first rom in the list.
Anyway thanks again for reporting,without your advice would be very difficult for me to check out the many flaws that plague my small program, I dare not imagine the work behind Mednafen.

Last fix (hope):
http://forum.fobby.net/index.php?t=getfile&id=583&

[Updated on: Wed, 04 December 2013 19:33]

Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.041 a GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3269 is a reply to message #3267 ] Thu, 05 December 2013 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mclane  [PM]
Thank you so much for the fix, I hope it wasn't too much trouble..
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.042 - a GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3298 is a reply to message #3057 ] Sat, 04 January 2014 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shaddap  [PM]
First off, just want to say thank you for this gui and the original MedGui before it. Have been using it for the past few years and have made some great memories playing games with friends through the ease of setting up the netplay server with it.

I downloaded Reborn and was just wondering if it's possible to have it scan sub-folders or if it could be implemented. I have my roms sorted in folders by emulator\region (for example, SNES\USA\) so it would be nice if it could add every rom for each console (even if all regions are jumbled up in the emulator itself).
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.042 - a GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3305 is a reply to message #3298 ] Tue, 28 January 2014 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Thank you for the thanks and sorry if i'm delaying in responding.
Unfortunately i did not have much time these days, just today i was able to implement the famous pre-scan function in order to reduce the loading time of the rom list.
Regarding your request,i can see to insert the scan sub-folders, I had always denied to implement it initially to the problem of more and more time that the GUI uses to compare the hash of the file with databasa.
If I can think of a way to avoid this problem also implement it this feature.
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.047 - A GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3332 is a reply to message #3057 ] Fri, 28 February 2014 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AnnaWu  [PM]
Is it possible to save and restore the selected start console search folder on the top?
At moment, I use the pce folder.
If I restart MedGuiR, the "def" is always default, so I have to select always my preferred folder (pce) by hand.

Anna
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.047 - A GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3333 is a reply to message #3332 ] Fri, 28 February 2014 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Yes no problem!
Tonight I'm going to work and add this functionality Smile
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.047 - A GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3334 is a reply to message #3057 ] Sat, 01 March 2014 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
As per your request, I have added the ability to store the last rom-folder selected, on the exit GUI .
For those wishing to load the folder "Romtemp", just select in the dcombobox the blank value.
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.047 - A GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3339 is a reply to message #3334 ] Mon, 03 March 2014 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AnnaWu  [PM]
Thanks a lot, Speedvicio.It is working well. : )
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.047 - A GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3347 is a reply to message #3057 ] Mon, 10 March 2014 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AnnaWu  [PM]
Is it possible to save the order and position of the tabs?
Example: see the screenshot
http://s14.directupload.net/images/140310/qhw83a84.png

A feature to add/remove a tab will be nice.
I don´t need the tab "Status" as example.

To specify more the start console folder will be nice too.
Example:
pce cart
pce cd
wswan col
wswan mon
nes cart
nes flop

It seems, it exist problems to scan deeper subfolders
Example:
c:\Emulator\Wonderswan\Games - can find
c:\Emulator\Wonderswan\Games\Cartridge - can not find
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.047 - A GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3348 is a reply to message #3057 ] Mon, 10 March 2014 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
in practice you'd like to add the ability to specify multiple folders for each type of rom?
I did not do it because usually the rom set that reflect no-intro standards are brought together in a single folder.
You can already order tabs by name, status and system by simply pressing on a column header.
If you want, i can set up filters for the display of columns and if it is not too difficult i can try to implement the code to sort the display of the columns.
As for the subfolder, I did not intentionally implemented the code that performs recursive scanning because the comparison with the database would take too long.
Imagine if a user wants to scan the base (upper) roms folder of a complete set of all the consoles, you'd have time to get a cruise in the Caribbean, go back and find the GUI that is making all comparisons with databases Smile
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.047 - A GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3349 is a reply to message #3348 ] Mon, 10 March 2014 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AnnaWu  [PM]
Speedvicio wrote on Mon, 10 March 2014 07:40

in practice you'd like to add the ability to specify multiple folders for each type of rom?

Not for each type of ROM but like the different consoles/handhelds (see ext file) for a better overview.

You can already order tabs by name, status and system by simply pressing on a column header.

I know, I made it already (see my screenshot above). Unfortunately, I lose everthing if I exit the launcher.
A filter and save option will be fine.

As for the subfolder, I did not intentionally implemented the code that performs recursive scanning because the comparison with the database would take too long.

To have limitation in the subfolder structure isn't a flexible solution.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 March 2014 10:38]

Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.047 - A GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3350 is a reply to message #3057 ] Mon, 10 March 2014 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
The recursive scan by itself is very simple to implement, the problem is that the gui makes too many controls with the database and it does not become so flexible as you think.
For the other two features I can implement, as soon as I have a little free time I start to work on it.
Meanwhile, a few days ago I was able to implement support for the recognition of the real name of a psx file in bin/img format , the next version will be able to successfully rename a file cue/toc -bin/img according to the following scheme [SLES-1234] - "Real iso name".
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.048 - A GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3361 is a reply to message #3057 ] Tue, 18 March 2014 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
As with version 0.048, i had to rewrite much of the source code and therefore may appear some unexpected problems, especially with the "Mini.ini" file.
If you found someone you could bring it back?

Thanks in advance Smile
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.048 - A GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3362 is a reply to message #3057 ] Wed, 19 March 2014 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AnnaWu  [PM]
Thanks for the new version.

The right-alignet vertical column/tab header are blank (not labeled), is this ok?
The possibility now to hide the grid columns is fine but the gray background looks not nice because I can stretch the grid columns but not save the position.

http://s1.directupload.net/images/140319/6v8khm9p.gif

[Updated on: Wed, 19 March 2014 02:16]

Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.048 - A GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3363 is a reply to message #3057 ] Wed, 19 March 2014 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Thanks to report bug.

I had not yet tested the GUI on XP systems.
I have encountered the problem of the disappearance of the names on the side tabs and actually the problem is on Win Xp OS, due to a bug in the Microsoft .NET framework.
However, there are three possible radical solutions:
- Apply the classic theme on win xp (by user)
- Compile the source of the GUI without the support of style (theme) to win xp
- Disable GUI support at the application framework and write all the code for the display of objects (method that I will never apply)
I think that the first two solutions are feasible, the second one in particular would make the GUI compatible with all window OS systems at the expense of a graphic rendering worse.
Let me know which solution to adopt and I shall adopt it.
About auto resizing of columns, I apply now the code you requested, I do not understand the utility of leaving messy values on the rom grid.
I also made some corrections in the management of the ini file and I disabled the button to display all options of Mednafen as it created some problems.

MedGuiR_v0.048 fix1a.zip

[Updated on: Wed, 19 March 2014 08:53]

Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.048 - A GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3366 is a reply to message #3363 ] Wed, 19 March 2014 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AnnaWu  [PM]
I think the v0.048 fix1a is now more buggy on WinXP.
The "The Open Full Mednafen Setting" symbol on the top is now unclickable.

Quote:

- Apply the classic theme on win xp (by user)

Can you make a screenshot about side tabs with names, please?
What do you mean with classic theme on win xp?
Are you talking about the MedGui Reborn or Windows XP themes?
If you mean the MedGui Reborn theme, which size and color depth?
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.048 - A GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3367 is a reply to message #3366 ] Wed, 19 March 2014 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Read on.
I have intentionally disabled the button that opens all the options of Mednafen (it does not work propely)

On Win Xp you must set on "screen propety" > Aspect > Buttons and Windows > Windows Classic Style.

http://s21.postimg.org/undfpa9j7/pic.png

http://s21.postimg.org/9ezr7uv2b/pic2.png

In the next version i could also disable support for the Windows XP Theme in order to make the GUI compatible with all versions of Windows.
The yield on the screen would be the same that appears in the picture I attached.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 March 2014 10:45]

Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.048 - A GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3368 is a reply to message #3367 ] Wed, 19 March 2014 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AnnaWu  [PM]
Thanks, now it is clear. : )
But I wil keep to use Windows XP instead of the Windows Classic Style theme.

Thanks again for your efforts.
Re: MedGui Reborn Beta v0.048 - A GUI for Mednafen WIN OS [message #3369 is a reply to message #3057 ] Wed, 19 March 2014 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Ok i have solved the visualization problem in win XP or rather, I applied a control of the os version installed, if it is a xp the gui will loaded in classic mode.

MedGuiR_v0.048 fix1b.zip
Pages (3): [1  2  3    »]  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WonderSwan compatibility patches
Next Topic:How to compile 1.29 on macOS 12.5.1
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 01:07:22 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.