Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Development » MedGui Reborn v0.124 & MetroMed Beta 11 - A GUI/Frontend for Mednafen WIN OS
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: MedGui Reborn v0.120 & MetroMed Beta 11 - A GUI/Frontend for Mednafen WIN OS [message #6758 is a reply to message #6756 ] Wed, 31 August 2022 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Have you tried with this?

https://ds4-windows.com/
Re: MedGui Reborn v0.120 & MetroMed Beta 11 - A GUI/Frontend for Mednafen WIN OS [message #6792 is a reply to message #3057 ] Tue, 11 October 2022 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber Akuma  [PM]
Would it be possible to have MedGui Reborn support more than one folder of ROMs/Disk Images per system?

Reason I am asking is because I keep my cartridge dumps and optical disk dumps in completely different folders to keep things organized, and I have had it setup this way with dozens of other emulators for years now. For most systems this is not an issue since they either were cartridge-based or cd-based. But for those that had a CD-addon like the Megadrive/Genesis or PC-Engine/TurboGrafix this means I can only set either my ROM or my Disk Image folder in MedGui and keep switching+rebuilding the list every time I want to go from cart to optical disk or back again.

Would it be possible to add more than one folder for a system in MedGui so I can set both my ROM and Disk Image folders for one system?
Re: MedGui Reborn v0.120 & MetroMed Beta 11 - A GUI/Frontend for Mednafen WIN OS [message #6793 is a reply to message #6792 ] Wed, 12 October 2022 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
The only module on mednafen that support rom and cd based games shold be the pc engine.
MedGui can perform a recursive scab of folder, this translates into having a single list with the roms and cd based games inside.
You can filter the list by system and you will have the list sorted firstly by rom and at the end the cd based games, anyway you can already create inifine list for different folder.
On textual menu go to load > folder, select your game folder then after scan go again to load > Save custom playlist, saved playlist is inside lateral tab of medgui on Rom path 2 in the custom path list, to load a custom list, perform a double left mouse click on it.
If you use old icon medgui menu, you can press right click mouse on the folder icon button and select the custom path.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2022 03:43]

Re: MedGui Reborn v0.120 & MetroMed Beta 11 - A GUI/Frontend for Mednafen WIN OS [message #6794 is a reply to message #3057 ] Wed, 12 October 2022 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber Akuma  [PM]
Ah, my mistake on the Sega games, I thought I saw a SegaCD option earlier.

That still though does leave the issue for TurboGrafix. The recursive directory option doesn't help as they are in completely different root folders on the drive.

I probably should have gotten a bit more experience with the frontend before posting that though, because I ran into several other issues when using it.

One issue was that I noticed one of my systems had a lot of junk ROMS listed, because I had a subfolder of homebrew testing applications for it. I first went to delete those entries but could not notice any way to do so, is there a delete option I am not seeing? Or if not, would it be possible to add an option to delete/modify entries from the GUI instead of having to manually edit the CSV?

Regardless, I figured fine, since all the ones I would want listed are in the main folder and the ones I did not want were in sub folders, I could just simply tell it to re-scan and say no to the recursive subfolder option.

However, this didn't seem to work. When I choose no to the recursive option it seems to just.... not scan at all.

I tried deleting the CSV for that system and force it to re-scan... the same thing happens when I choose no to the recursive option. I didn't even get the "Warning, there are a lot of files here, this could take a while, are you sure?" message. It did write SOMETHING to the list however, and when I checked, it appeared to just simply copy over the list of whatever system I had previously opened in place of it if I say no to a recursive scan. (at the time I had Sega Saturn opened, and I was trying to scan NES. When I moved back over the NES after deleting the CSV and chose no to the recursive scan, it just cloned my Saturn list into the NES CSV). Or create a blank list if I already had it opened to that system I deleted the CSV for when I re-launch it.

Another issue I ran into was it mis-naming optical disk images. I think this might have to do again with subfolders/recursive scanning. Unlike my ROMS whcih generally are all in just one folder, just about all of my optical disk games are in sub-folders due to most of them having multiple cue/track/etc files that would be a mess if I just dumped them all into a single folder. When I told it to scan my Saturn and PS1 folders recursively, on top of getting many duplicate entries for games that had multiple BIN files (though it did not appear to do this for every game that had multiple BIN files, only some) an even more confusing issue was that I saw many games were listed twice for some reason. And when I tried to launch these it loaded a completely different game instead. For some reason for some of the games it was still putting the name of the previous game in the list.

E.G. I have Castlevania - Symphony of the Night, and then the next game alphabetically is Einhander. I instead saw two entries for Castlevania, and when I launched the second one it would launch Einhander. Checking the CSV showed that it was Einhander it added an entry for... but it re-used the name of the previous game, Castlevania, even though it correctly added the file location to Einhander to the list.

Another was Tomba! and Um Jammer Lammy, it added two entries for Tomba!, with the second one being actually Um Jammer Lammy.

I ended up manually editing the CSV to remove the junk roms for NES, the multiple bin files for PS1/Saturn, and to change the duplicated game names for PS1/Saturn. The GUI didn't seem to have an entry for showing you what file an entry is pointing to so I couldn't even use the GUI to tell what game was accidently listed as what.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2022 21:51]

Re: MedGui Reborn v0.120 & MetroMed Beta 11 - A GUI/Frontend for Mednafen WIN OS [message #6795 is a reply to message #6794 ] Thu, 13 October 2022 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Can you test this version to see if double occurrences are fixed? you have to extract and overwrite the files.
One more thing, could you point out the bugs in the medgui github page?

edit: I have read better your message, the recursive scan on medgui is not a simply function that list files in folders, it scan also the extension of file and specifically with bin file, read into the file in binary mode to detect if it is a genesis/megadrive/music file, this is also the reason that scan function get more time respect a simple scan.
Usually a entire romset is inside a specific folder, for example i have my pc engine romset into a pce folder, inside it i have also per games sub folder with pc engine cd based games, my saturn folder has inside all bin cue file without sub folder and all shrinked saturn game inside per games subfolder.
In my case i have not problem to detect all games, no exotic file inside the list, but actually since the support for st-v files has been inserted I will have touched something in the code that creates double occurrences for some files, in debugging I could not understand what causes this problem, the attached file should solve the problem by a trick.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 October 2022 09:16]

Re: MedGui Reborn v0.120 & MetroMed Beta 11 - A GUI/Frontend for Mednafen WIN OS [message #6796 is a reply to message #3057 ] Thu, 13 October 2022 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber Akuma  [PM]
Ok, I backed up and cleared my Scanned folder and tried the new version.

When it comes to the recursive folders option, choosing "no" still makes it not scan the folder at all.

When I made it do a recursive scan of my PS1 and Sega Saturn folders, it mostly didn't keep listing the individual BIN files as multiple entries anymore except for one game.

It did however still mis-name several games with the same name as the one before it.

The one Saturn game that it still had multiple entries for was a bit of an odd one. The game has 10 bin files and a cue, it added Bins 1, 2, and 8, as well as the cue, but not the entire set of bin files. It also seems to have different names for the game. For the bin files it was listed as "Sega Ages - Power Drift" but for the cur file it was listed as "Power Drift [GS-9181]"

Here are screenshots showing what I mean.

• Attachment: psx.png
    (Size: 1.48MB, Downloaded 41 time(s))

• Attachment: ss.png
    (Size: 760.36KB, Downloaded 39 time(s))

Re: MedGui Reborn v0.120 & MetroMed Beta 11 - A GUI/Frontend for Mednafen WIN OS [message #6797 is a reply to message #6796 ] Fri, 14 October 2022 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
The "No" response will stop the scan, do not perform a simple scan, if you want to perform a simple folder scan you need to untick the "recursive scan" option in "rom path 2" tab.
I have founded the problem of multiple entries for bin file, the bug was introduced in a past medguir release and now should be fixed with the attached test release.

Re: MedGui Reborn v0.120 & MetroMed Beta 11 - A GUI/Frontend for Mednafen WIN OS [message #6799 is a reply to message #6797 ] Sun, 16 October 2022 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber Akuma  [PM]
Speedvicio wrote on Fri, 14 October 2022 16:55

The "No" response will stop the scan, do not perform a simple scan, if you want to perform a simple folder scan you need to untick the "recursive scan" option in "rom path 2" tab.

I see, thanks. I have to admit the wording is a little confusing, the dialog box makes it sound like it's just asking you if you want to do a recursive scan or not, not if you want to start a scan that will be recursive or not scan at all. It was a bit weird though how if you choose no it will instead write the entries of whatever previous system you had opened in the file though.

Quote:

I have founded the problem of multiple entries for bin file, the bug was introduced in a past medguir release and now should be fixed with the attached test release.

Ok, with this new version it fixed the issue with the different names and bin entries for Power Drift, although the issue with it re-using the previous game's name sometimes is still there.
Re: MedGui Reborn v0.120 & MetroMed Beta 11 - A GUI/Frontend for Mednafen WIN OS [message #6801 is a reply to message #6799 ] Sun, 16 October 2022 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Can you send me your csv file?

[Updated on: Mon, 17 October 2022 01:14]

Re: MedGui Reborn v0.120 & MetroMed Beta 11 - A GUI/Frontend for Mednafen WIN OS [message #6802 is a reply to message #3057 ] Mon, 17 October 2022 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber Akuma  [PM]
Ok, these are the ones I generated with the latest test build you posted.

I also included a directory listing in case that helps.

• Attachment: psx.csv
    (Size: 6.69KB, Downloaded 42 time(s))

• Attachment: ss.csv
    (Size: 4.62KB, Downloaded 39 time(s))

• Attachment: PS1List.txt
    (Size: 21.82KB, Downloaded 38 time(s))

• Attachment: SaturnList.txt
    (Size: 36.59KB, Downloaded 34 time(s))

Re: MedGui Reborn v0.120 & MetroMed Beta 11 - A GUI/Frontend for Mednafen WIN OS [message #6803 is a reply to message #6802 ] Mon, 17 October 2022 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Directory of Q:\CD Images\PS1\Einhander [U]

03/07/2019 05:48 AM <DIR> .
03/07/2019 05:48 AM <DIR> ..
12/30/2006 05:19 AM 653,493,792 Einh„nder.bin
03/07/2019 06:01 AM 75 Einhnder.cue

on cvs: Q:\CD Images\PS1\Einhander [U]\Einhänder.cue

I'm controlling your file, the first is a strange not standard char, probably if you rename that with a simple "a", the scan function should detect the game.
For both Parappa games i think should be a problem with the games itself with the serial stored inside the bin image, i have both games and they are detected correctly here.

Tomorrow i will control also the saturn csv, but in general medgui incorrectly renamed the games because not being able to extrapolate the serial, the gamename variable is not empty and the unrecognizable game is named as previous.

EDIT: Saturn games named in wrong way are homebrew or patched games, probably the main structure of iso is changed, i think also "burning ranger" has a not standard saturn structure.

Try this version of medgui, should rename the unrecognized games with the original cue or ccd file, i can't test it because my games are all clean.

• Attachment: MedGuiR.zip
    (Size: 430.38KB, Downloaded 45 time(s))

[Updated on: Mon, 17 October 2022 18:09]

Re: MedGui Reborn v0.120 & MetroMed Beta 11 - A GUI/Frontend for Mednafen WIN OS [message #6804 is a reply to message #3057 ] Wed, 19 October 2022 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber Akuma  [PM]
Thank You. The Saturn games appear to be recognized correctly now (Although it assumes any unknown game is Japanese region) although the behavior for PS1 games is still the same.
Re: MedGui Reborn v0.120 & MetroMed Beta 11 - A GUI/Frontend for Mednafen WIN OS [message #6812 is a reply to message #6804 ] Wed, 23 November 2022 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
sorry if I'm only replying now, my copy Einhander and also Burning Ranger are detected correctly, i have also tested the redump version of both games and are also detected correctly.
Probably your games are bad dumps.
Re: MedGui Reborn v0.122 & MetroMed Beta 11 - A GUI/Frontend for Mednafen WIN OS [message #6834 is a reply to message #3057 ] Wed, 25 January 2023 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedvicio  [PM]
And again after almost 3 years, the free webhost that i used to perform autoupdate and boxart download on MedGuiR has blocked
the ability to make direct downloads.
I had to migrate all the content to a specific repo on GitHub (thx Valerius and Orbea for suggestion), this should solve definitely this boring problem.
Due to this change old users will have to update medgui manually, downloading full package v0.122 and overwrite the old exe.
icon4.gif  Re: MedGui Reborn v0.123 & MetroMed Beta 11 - A GUI/Frontend for Mednafen WIN OS [message #6949 is a reply to message #3057 ] Tue, 10 October 2023 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Valdran  [PM]
Hi all,

I’m trying to get my sisters to install MedGuiR and I’m running into several issues.
The first one can’t get past installing the .net packages while the other sister and I had no issues whatsoever. She is using Windows 8.1. I might have to use the command prompt to force the install.
The other sister is stuck right after. When she opens MedGuiR she gets an error saying she doesn’t have a full package and to download it at X link, but when she does and tries again she gets the same error.

I hope you guys can help me with this, I’ve been trying to fix everything by myself but there’s no thread on these issues. Everything is working fine on my end.

Thanks in advance

Moderator edit to merge wayward post:

Hi all,

I have been scouring the internet for answers to my questions, to no avail; so here I am.

I have two sisters with whom I intend to play with, each with their own issues.

Sister 1: the .NET package refuses to install itself. Windows Update refuses to cooperate so she went to use Terminal to do something with DISM and source files missing. Error code is 0x800f081f. She is using Windows 8.1.

Sister 2: Essential resources missing, download full MedGui Reborn package from here: link
Except when she does, the situation stays the same, and this message won't go away but instead closes the software.

I hope you can help me, I've been at it for a while and I just want to play CTR, Crash Bash, Tekken 3 and Soulblade with my sisters.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 October 2023 19:37] by Moderator

Re: MedGui Reborn v0.123 & MetroMed Beta 11 - A GUI/Frontend for Mednafen WIN OS [message #6951 is a reply to message #6949 ] Wed, 11 October 2023 09:22 Go to previous message
Speedvicio  [PM]
Hi!
A standard version of windows should propose automatically the net framework 2.0 installation, probably your sister has problems with his operation system, (it could also be a problem with windows update), there are around the web any ready to use not official package that install all available framework, you could should with any of that but remember this package are not officially distributed by Microsoft.
Regarding the resource issue, you should download the full medgui package from the github page, that error is generated when any resources are missing

https://github.com/Speedvicio/MedGuiReborn/releases/download/v0.123/MedGui.Reborn.v0.123.full.zip
Pages (3): [ «    1  2  3]  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WonderSwan compatibility patches
Next Topic:Virtual Boy MPYHW patch
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Fri May 3 12:51:39 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.