Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Bugs » PSX bugs reports
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5520 is a reply to message #1786 ] Wed, 02 May 2018 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Regnak  [PM]
Using mednafen-1.21.3-win64 and playing SaGa Frontier [NTSC-U], there seems to be an issue with the memory card.
I'm stuck on the "Where is the system data for Saga Frontier ?" intro screen.

Works fine with mednafen-0.9.48-win64.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5521 is a reply to message #1786 ] Wed, 02 May 2018 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Regnak  [PM]
After more testing it seems that the issue is about my controller.
The game works fine if I'm using the keyboard, so I guess it's an input problem.
I'm using a PS4 pad connected by usb cable on Windows 10 LTSB 2016.
I'm using the 'gamepad' port1 of mednafen.
I hava no idea why the 0.9.48 version is ok with this pad while the 1.21.3 isn't.

I'm not too sure how to classify this bug now.
I can play Makai_Toushi_Sa-Ga_(J)_[!].wsc using the PS4 pad and mednafen 1.21.3.

This bug seems more specific and maybe isn’t as much worth fixing than I first thought.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5548 is a reply to message #1786 ] Mon, 28 May 2018 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jjfmz42015  [PM]
The Next Tetris Pal locks up not playable

NTSC full of graphic errors.

SOme people say the NTSC version Works. it appears to work but does not.

DUmp tested is good I own the retail disc. So issue is not bad dump.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5555 is a reply to message #1786 ] Thu, 31 May 2018 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spikestuff  [PM]
Grind Session (USA) - Crashes when leaving Tutorial/Level, Music fails to play in stage.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5677 is a reply to message #1786 ] Wed, 19 September 2018 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThereIsNothing  [PM]
In Vampire Hunter D loading in some of the areas takes ridiculously long time. It should be about 8 seconds but can be 1, 2 or even 6 minutes in the worst case scenario which I had few times already.

Here is save state as an example. Press O to open that gate and there will be pretty long loading, but if you return back it will be much quicker. For example in Xebra loading time is the same in both ways.

Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5678 is a reply to message #1786 ] Wed, 19 September 2018 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThereIsNothing  [PM]
And another issue... Sometimes phrases in dialogues are cut off near the end.

Here is save state to show it. Walk forward and there will be cutscene, you can see the issue when Borgoff says word mirror. Again, in Xebra it sounds fine.

Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5681 is a reply to message #1786 ] Tue, 25 September 2018 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThereIsNothing  [PM]
I found another problem, this time with Roswell Conspiracies - Aliens, Myths & Legends (USA). There is total silence when music, background ambient or notes supposed to play, basically all streamed audio. When you receive note and check it in the select menu, it almost starts playing but cuts off immediately. Of all emulators only ePSXe works fine with this game.

Also in this game reverberation from BIOS sounds through all intro videos and almost to the end of the first loading. Strangely all emulators have this same issue, even ePSXe, though in that emulator you need to launch it with parameter -slowboot to see BIOS intro.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5685 is a reply to message #1786 ] Tue, 09 October 2018 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThereIsNothing  [PM]
Duke Nukem Time to Kill BETA shows this:
index.php?t=getfile&id=1135&private=0

• Attachment: bs.png
    (Size: 3.71KB, Downloaded 3148 time(s))

Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5729 is a reply to message #1786 ] Tue, 11 December 2018 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FabioB  [PM]
Fighting Force 2 (SLES-02237)

Second bios screen sound enters in loop contaminating the intro videos.
Stops at the first loading screen before main menu.
Bios and copy verified.
Re: PSX bugs report [message #5734 is a reply to message #3301 ] Wed, 19 December 2018 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silanda  [PM]
Pakk wrote on Sun, 26 January 2014 12:08

In Resident Evil Director's Cut (USA) [SLUS-00551] (not the DualShock edition) there's a controller config menu that's supposed to come up when you disconnect the controller, however in Mednafen it keeps popping up by itself when moving between certain screens.

The first time it happens is when you try to go to the other end of the very first dining room (where Barry is if you play as Jill.)

Mednafen does this on 0.9.31-WIP and above, 0.9.29-WIP and below seem to work fine (tested on Windows version).

Out of interest, was this ever fixed for the NTSC version, because it's still present in the PAL version?

Unsupported I know, but I alleviated this in the PAL version by using the Retroarch core and increasing CPU speed to 120%. I believe that also gives it a speed (though not FPS) boost which helpfully matches the NTSC version.

Biohazard: Director's Cut does not seem to suffer from the same problem (not in original mode at least).

[Updated on: Wed, 19 December 2018 17:28]

Re: PSX bugs report [message #5753 is a reply to message #5734 ] Wed, 09 January 2019 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charleswestpain  [PM]
First of all, i have to say that is amazing how this emulator run so well and better than others!

Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem right now with Resident Evil Director's Cut (USA): options menu popping up when changing camera angles in some places.

BTW, I use the NTSC version.

I tested it on Mednafen 1.21.3 and 1.22.0

I've heard too that changing the clock solves the problem,

BUT,

Sorry if I am being too newbie, I'm afraid that overclock could put more pressure on my CPU, is that right? I mean, this 20% increase will be 33 MHz to 40 MHz (console clock) or 3.0 GHz to 3.6 GHz (PC clock)? Sorry for my stupid question Very Happy
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5794 is a reply to message #1786 ] Thu, 14 February 2019 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crank9000  [PM]
CDDA music is not playing in Tomb Raider 1 and 2. My discs and images are fine, I can play the music directly from them without issues but the music won't play in game. Can't test other games with CDDA as those are the only ones that I have currently.

Tested with Mednafen 1.22.1 and Beetle PSX HW with NTSC-U/C Tomb Raider 1&2, disc images were made with CloneCD. Also tested image made with IsoBuster with the same result.

PC specs in case they help:

Windows 10
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3
GTX 660
Creative Sound Blaster Z
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5795 is a reply to message #5794 ] Fri, 15 February 2019 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crank9000  [PM]
Crank9000 wrote on Thu, 14 February 2019 10:10

CDDA music is not playing in Tomb Raider 1 and 2. My discs and images are fine, I can play the music directly from them without issues but the music won't play in game. Can't test other games with CDDA as those are the only ones that I have currently.

Tested with Mednafen 1.22.1 and Beetle PSX HW with NTSC-U/C Tomb Raider 1&2, disc images were made with CloneCD. Also tested image made with IsoBuster with the same result.

PC specs in case they help:

Windows 10
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3
GTX 660
Creative Sound Blaster Z

Update for this, both games will also lock up into black screen if you try to start a new game, load the training home level or do nothing and let the game load a demo.

Didn't notice that first as I just checked does the main menu music play.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5796 is a reply to message #5795 ] Fri, 15 February 2019 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Sounds like bad dumps. If you're running Mednafen with a CUE sheet, copy/paste it into a reply.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5797 is a reply to message #5796 ] Fri, 15 February 2019 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crank9000  [PM]
Administrator wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 03:44

Sounds like bad dumps. If you're running Mednafen with a CUE sheet, copy/paste it into a reply.

Sure, CUE sheets for both games:

Toggle Spoiler

I've tried images made with CloneCD and IsoBuster, I better try ImgBurn and another CD drive to rule them out.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5798 is a reply to message #5797 ] Fri, 15 February 2019 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Those CUE sheets are missing pregaps(specified with PREGAP or an INDEX 00 + INDEX 01 pair). Most PS1 games with audio tracks, Tomb Raider included, have pregaps on their audio tracks, and will not function properly if they are missing.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5799 is a reply to message #5798 ] Fri, 15 February 2019 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crank9000  [PM]
Administrator wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 03:58

Those CUE sheets are missing pregaps(specified with PREGAP or an INDEX 00 + INDEX 01 pair). Most PS1 games with audio tracks, Tomb Raider included, have pregaps on their audio tracks, and will not function properly if they are missing.

Yeah, you were right, I had bad images. Made new ones with ImgBurn and they work perfectly with Mednafen, music plays and no lock-ups. And here I was thinking CloneCD should be pretty much the best disc image software, but I guess not at least for PS1 games.

Thanks for your help and for your work on this awesome emulator!
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5803 is a reply to message #1786 ] Thu, 21 February 2019 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FantasyStarQuest  [PM]
World Cup 98 no longer works on latest mednafen build it now just shows black screen after the EA Sports logo.

Skeleton Warriors [PAL] version all cutscenes have a problem where a bit of the cutscene at the bottom of the screen is shown at the top of the screen instead of the bottom.

Egypt 1156 B.C. Tomb Of The Pharaoh [PAL] This has a similar problem to the PAL version of Skeleton Warriors except the left side of the screen in cutscenes is cut off and shown on the right side of the screen instead of the left side.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5805 is a reply to message #1786 ] Sun, 03 March 2019 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hafo0135  [PM]
Metal Gear Solid has radar issues with PGXP Memory + CPU. It doesn't have these issues when using just PGXP Memory, but it doesn't look nearly as good that way.

Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5807 is a reply to message #5805 ] Tue, 05 March 2019 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThereIsNothing  [PM]
Hafo0135 wrote on Sun, 03 March 2019 18:46

Metal Gear Solid has radar issues with PGXP Memory + CPU. It doesn't have these issues when using just PGXP Memory, but it doesn't look nearly as good that way.

LOL, you landed on the wrong site. This is just hilarious. Laughing
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5849 is a reply to message #1786 ] Fri, 03 May 2019 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
minireaper  [PM]
hello,

today i attempted to try Atlantis - The Lost Tales (Europe)
i used the redump versions (so they are hopefully not broken).

the problem with this game and all different language versions is,
it freezes.

you can reproduce it in the main menu if you select the setup menu or go into the game and rotate the camera and walk to the 2 guards and go up the stairs. the game then ask you to save a new chapter or something and freezes.

memory card problem on this title ?

thanks for any help/suggestion
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5876 is a reply to message #1786 ] Sat, 25 May 2019 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
F1ReB4LL  [PM]
Quote:

RayRay CD-ROM (Japan) - Locks up when exiting to the main selection screen after watching a RayStorm movie. (Need to test on a PS1 to see if it hanging is an emulation bug or a game bug).

http://redump.org/disc/62228/ -- now dumped and checked by the dumper on his console, the bug does not happen there.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5935 is a reply to message #1786 ] Mon, 09 September 2019 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
harrygeez  [PM]
Title: Fantastic Four (1997)
Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantastic_Four_(1997_video_game)
Mednafen version: v1.22.2

I'm running Mednafen via OpenEmu on MacOS. The game starts up and loads everything just fine until it reaches the loading screen for a new game, where it presents a mini-game. On my console it used to say that it's done loading and the game can be started by pressing "start", but on Mednafen is never stops loading and pressing "start" doesn't work either.

Thanks for looking into this.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 September 2019 11:49]

Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5936 is a reply to message #5935 ] Fri, 13 September 2019 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
minireaper  [PM]
i just tested all redump versions with mednafen 1.22.2 and 1.23
and they work just fine in linux.
make sure if you have applied any cheats to that game to keep them off until you are inside the level.

otherwise there is nothing to enjoy in this terrible game Wink
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5938 is a reply to message #5936 ] Wed, 18 September 2019 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
harrygeez  [PM]
Hey you're right. I ran mednafen just by itself and it worked fine. Seems like this is a problem with OpenEmu. And it's not terrible I loved it as a kid Razz
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5965 is a reply to message #1786 ] Mon, 14 October 2019 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seznam88  [PM]
So I recorded a little video of the bug in Resident Evil: Director's Cut.
I found out it always happens in this room at the exact same screen transition, so it is easily replicated.
You can do it immediately at the beginning after all the intro stuff when you can freely explore the mansion. Just go up the stairs in the main hall and then go the last door on the right.

From what I've tried it doesn't happen in the Dual Shock version at least in this room, I didn't tested it further with that version.

Running on Mednafen 1.22.2

• Attachment: RE.avi
    (Size: 4.28MB, Downloaded 57 time(s))

[Updated on: Mon, 14 October 2019 10:45]

Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5966 is a reply to message #5938 ] Tue, 15 October 2019 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FabioB  [PM]
It is a well known bug, I hope one day will be fixed...
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5967 is a reply to message #5965 ] Thu, 17 October 2019 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThereIsNothing  [PM]
This bug is also shown in Tunguska: Legend of Faith in some places.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5982 is a reply to message #1786 ] Mon, 28 October 2019 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FabioB  [PM]
Grand Theft Auto 2 (GTA 2) Pal version, SLES 01404, Mednafen shows "Video Standard Mismatch" briefly before piracy warning.
Bios (scph5502.bin) hash is verified and in correct folder.
Game copy hash matches that on redump site.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 October 2019 05:08]

Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5988 is a reply to message #1786 ] Thu, 07 November 2019 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThereIsNothing  [PM]
In Brahma Force voice sometimes cuts off prematurely. Load from this memory card and right at the beginning of the level there will be audio which suffers from this issue. It doesn't happen for every such case in the game, only at some points. I tested this game in other emulators and only Xebra has this exact issue, ePSXe, PCSXR and even no$psx work fine.

Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5990 is a reply to message #1786 ] Fri, 15 November 2019 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThereIsNothing  [PM]
Shadow Man has two issues.

First one is with music in title screen. It periodically skips but to the moment until you press start and 3D background changes to still image with menu. This bug also occurs in Xebra and ePSXe but doesn't in other emulators, for example, no$psx plays this music without issues. This game doesn't use XA audio, instead it streams music in SPU's interleaved ADPCM stereo format and something interferes in this process.

Second bug is much more critical. Game can freeze when you collect dark souls. When you do this there is supposed to play animation, mednafen kinda hesitates before switching to it and if you lucky then it will play as normal but sometimes game just totally freezes. Here is two save states provided: one right before collecting dark soul and another when game froze. You can trigger this bug in a few tries, it doesn't happen always but it will surely happen if you catch the right moment. In other emulators this game never freezes.

Re: PSX bugs reports [message #5992 is a reply to message #1786 ] Sun, 17 November 2019 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThereIsNothing  [PM]
In Star Wars: Dark Forces it is impossible to lower music volume to zero, game sends 0xFFFF to CDVol registers and mednafen treats this value like the loudest possible.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6054 is a reply to message #1786 ] Thu, 09 January 2020 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pixarium  [PM]
Dracula - Resurrection (Germany) (Disc 1) - Redump Match

At one point early in the game you have to use a slingshot. Doing this should trigger a cutscene. I can't test on real hardware right now but here is a video of someone playing the game in german on PS1 (or an emulator) and here the cutscene plays: https://youtu.be/r2dlZdkymC8?t=806

Tested with Mednafen 1.24.0-UNSTABLE on Linux.

Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6058 is a reply to message #1786 ] Sun, 12 January 2020 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThereIsNothing  [PM]
In Medievil 2 USA after some cutscenes music doesn't resume and you have no choice but play in silence. This happens twice through the entire game. I attached savestate for the first case and memory card for the second. In the first case you need to jump few times on bellows to transit to the next area where cutscene will play and after it music should play again but it doesn't. For the second case load from memory card and there also be no music. Strangely in PAL version music plays in the second case but still doesn't in the first. Of all emulators only no$psx doesn't have this issue but only if you use BIOS for CD-ROM controller, also emulator Avocado can play music in the first case but can't in the second and even custcene sound is missing in that case.

Have you thought about implementing low level CD-ROM access like no$psx does? It could probably fix so many issues with CD access which mednafen has now.

[Updated on: Sun, 12 January 2020 03:46]

Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6081 is a reply to message #1786 ] Thu, 20 February 2020 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThereIsNothing  [PM]
There is some strange weirdness happened to me in two games.

First was in Gex. In one of the later levels every time I picked remote needed to progress to the next level, it just wasn't registered at the end of the level. I tried few times to replay this level but every time was the same result. So I decided to restart the game with last saved password and there was no issue anymore. Sorry, I don't have savestate, it was accidentally overwritten because I forgot to change slot like I usually do in such cases, so this report is pretty much useless and I wouldn't care about it much if didn't have another weird issue.

Second time it was in Danger Girl where at some point heroine just froze in place and couldn't move, yet camera was controllable in first person view. And again I can't provide savestate because I accidentally pressed Esc when wanted to change savestate slot and the last one was from previous level. Why mednafen binds exit to Esc when you can simply press Alt+F4? Sigh...

So again not very useful report, but there is one thing common for both cases, I played both games in prolonged sessions, not in a row but with savestates until got bored and later picked them up again. So it's either savestate issue that it can break game or some error builds up due to timers go very high. Also one thing about savestates, I hacked one game for my personal research in the last year and noticed that if you make savestate before interrupt and load it, then this exact interrupt will happen a few cycles later than before, you can make such saves many times and each time push it even further. It looked very strange to me but because mednafen's debugger isn't that sophisticated I couldn't investigate this issue more deeply and to be honest it wasn't that important to me at the time, but now I'm thinking that this nuance could affect accuracy of savestates. Also here on forum someone reported bug in Darkstone which you couldn't reproduce. Can that bug be related to those which happened to me? I know, without savestates nobody can tell, but as the developer you probably know roots of mednafen's flaws better than a guy who stares at debugger.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6089 is a reply to message #1786 ] Fri, 06 March 2020 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pseudo  [PM]
In Rhapsody: A Musical Tale, there's some really odd input stutters that happen periodically. To replicate, simply roll your analog stick around in circles and eventually the game will hiccup and "hold" a direction for too long. This also happens with the Digital/DPad controls too, and can really get in the way of menuing.

This doesn't seem accurate to the game.

Oddly enough, I tested this on a handful of other emulators, and the only one that doesn't do it is psxfin. I'm not here to throw shade though, I just wanted to submit this for the sake of accuracy and thought that last bit might help solve the puzzle.

Cheers.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6092 is a reply to message #6089 ] Sun, 08 March 2020 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
pseudo wrote on Fri, 06 March 2020 03:51

In Rhapsody: A Musical Tale, there's some really odd input stutters that happen periodically. To replicate, simply roll your analog stick around in circles and eventually the game will hiccup and "hold" a direction for too long. This also happens with the Digital/DPad controls too, and can really get in the way of menuing.

This doesn't seem accurate to the game.

Oddly enough, I tested this on a handful of other emulators, and the only one that doesn't do it is psxfin. I'm not here to throw shade though, I just wanted to submit this for the sake of accuracy and thought that last bit might help solve the puzzle.

Cheers.

It feels like it might be a probabilistic issue relating to the sound engine timer IRQ rate being fairly close to an integer multiple of the vblank IRQ rate, with the closer it being to an integer, the more sequential frames in which controller reading will be messed up.
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6121 is a reply to message #1786 ] Mon, 06 April 2020 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KungBore  [PM]
Hi!

I've just encountered a bug with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for playstation 1.

When the game loads, just after the intro movie, the music glitches for a while before resuming to normal, right at the beginning. I assume that must happen in other situations after a loading screen, I haven't tested it yet.

To make sure it wasn't a problem with my ISO file or retroarch, I've tried it with XEBRA emulator and it's worked fine. I've also tested it with mednafen standalone (mednafen-1.24.1-win64) and I was able to replicate the issue.

I hope this is the correct place to report the bug.

Thanks!
Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6136 is a reply to message #1786 ] Mon, 13 April 2020 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HeroponRikiBestest  [PM]
The Moto X graphical issues occur on a real console as well.

• Attachment: rbqxl4.mp4
    (Size: 1.41MB, Downloaded 35 time(s))

Re: PSX bugs reports [message #6160 is a reply to message #1786 ] Thu, 30 April 2020 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dapope  [PM]
Final Fantasy VII (USA). There is at least one FMV in which the audio seems unable to play the intended sound effect and plays a crackling sound instead. See 35:15 in this video for the intended behaviour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QTfOQxuX3o.
Here is a link to a video of Mednafen's behaviour: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M59DbXm2JxlMaXjay6B-V0Ke2or2LYlx/view?usp=sharing. It was captured on Beetle PSX in Retroarch but I have confirmed the same behaviour is exhibited by Mednafen. I have also attached a save state immediately before the FMV for testing. I am using a translation patch so unsure if save state will work with unpatched game but I can provide an unpatched save state if necessary.

I am using Mednafen 124.1 x64, Windows 10 with a GTX 970 and i5 4700k. Please let me know if you require any other info eg. sound driver. Thank you.

Pages (7): [ «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7    »]  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:PCE Bugs Reports
Next Topic:Mega Drive bugs reports
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Thu May 2 15:26:27 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.