Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Feature Requests » (Old and Tangled) Feature Requests
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Feature Requests [message #3290 is a reply to message #1294 ] Sat, 28 December 2013 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pakoman  [PM]
Fullscreen stretch of X res while leaving Y res intact. Something like later versions of GroovyMame do in order to acomodate games with changing X resolution.
Re: Feature Requests [message #3292 is a reply to message #3236 ] Wed, 01 January 2014 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Poizonous wrote on Thu, 07 November 2013 12:13

Not major but would really like to see these:

1. Individual PSX and NES volume settings like PCE has. I find Medna too quiet especially compared to P.E.Op.S. DSound and Nestopia. Even the global "sound.volume" setting doesn't seem loud or full enough when maxed.

2. Per-system keybind settings for the fast forward/rewind hotkeys. I like to use them for NES, TurboGrafx systems and such so they're binded on my controller. However, would like to disable them when playing something like PSX which shares those buttons and isn't needed.

The PCE volume settings are meant for relative volume control of the different sound sources that are mixed in the analog domain on an actual PCE CD/TG16 CD/etc. system, they're not intended to all be maxed out, especially not in conjunction with maxing out the sound.volume setting. Perhaps your problem is that everything else you listen to is just too loud? :b

Per-system command key/hotkey mappings will be supported in 0.9.33-WIP through per-module settings override files(think things like "pce.cfg", "nes.cfg", etc. in the Mednafen base directory).
Re: Feature Requests [message #3295 is a reply to message #3292 ] Thu, 02 January 2014 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Poizonous  [PM]
Administrator wrote on Wed, 01 January 2014 19:56

The PCE volume settings are meant for relative volume control of the different sound sources that are mixed in the analog domain on an actual PCE CD/TG16 CD/etc. system, they're not intended to all be maxed out, especially not in conjunction with maxing out the sound.volume setting. Perhaps your problem is that everything else you listen to is just too loud? :b

I haven't ever needed to increase the volume for PCE systems for the most part, they sound fine as is on default. Same for SNES and such. It's NES and PSX specifically that seem too quiet, but that's in comparison to using ePSXe with Peops Dsound plugin and Nestopia. If you tested them next to Mednafen, you'd hear what I mean. If it's something that can't be modified without a bunch of major coding work, then no problem. I'm sure you have higher priorities.

Quote:

Per-system command key/hotkey mappings will be supported in 0.9.33-WIP through per-module settings override files(think things like "pce.cfg", "nes.cfg", etc. in the Mednafen base directory).

That sounds like a perfect solution actually, thanks. It's the exact setup I use for RetroArch but I've been leaning towards Medna as of late for certain systems since it doesn't suffer from overscan issues that have plagued RA for ages.

One last thing I'd like to ask: are there any plans in the near future for save state support in PSX? I understand accuracy is your main focus and ironing out remaining bugs, so I'm just curious if it's in the works. I saw it mentioned months back but still doesn't appear implemented. Unless I'm overlooking the complete obvious.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 January 2014 05:38]

Re: Feature Requests [message #3336 is a reply to message #1294 ] Sat, 01 March 2014 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nocta  [PM]
Hi, I'd really love to be able to play in Pixel Perfect in Mednafen, which means being able to choose custom resolutions Custom resolution and refresh rate for output (I'm under Windows).

Thanks a lot.
Re: Feature Requests [message #3340 is a reply to message #3295 ] Wed, 05 March 2014 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mednagong  [PM]
sorry double post

[Updated on: Thu, 06 March 2014 11:30]

Re: Feature Requests [message #3341 is a reply to message #3295 ] Wed, 05 March 2014 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mednagong  [PM]
Hello,

I'm using mednafen on a TV (15 kHz through crt_emudriver) and can get pixel perfect emulation with all the modules I've tried (nes, snes, sms, md, pce, psx).

But strangely, while most modules display exact resolution with xscale 1.000000, pce needs xscale 0.888889 in order to get 256 pix width, otherwise one get 288 pix width.

For psx, xscale 1 gives 320 pix width so one have to choose specific xscale value depending on what game or what part of the game one wants pixel perfect, since psx oftenly changes resolution (bios, menus, playing...).

Pce is manageable since it doesn't seem to change resolution during the game while with psx it's not possible to get pix perfect all the time.

Of course I choose xscale to match internal "playing" resolution but it would be great if mednafen featured dynamic change resolution to match internals'.
Re: Feature Requests [message #3418 is a reply to message #1294 ] Tue, 22 April 2014 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nocta  [PM]
Hi guys,

I'd love to see SwitchRes being implemented inside Mednafen so CRT (15khz) users like me could play each game at its exact original resolution and have automatic switching on-the-fly (for example 240p to 480i in game switch).

Thank you for taking this in consideration and no matter what's your answer, I wish you the best with your project!
Nocta
Re: Feature Requests [message #3431 is a reply to message #1294 ] Tue, 29 April 2014 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pixel_Crusher  [PM]
If possible, I'd like to request save state (and to a lesser extend, rewinding) capabilites for the PSX core.
Re: Feature Requests [message #3538 is a reply to message #3431 ] Wed, 18 June 2014 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neville  [PM]
I have an small request... could you add support for whatever mapper the NES games "Super Pang" and "Super Pang 2" by Sachen use? IMHO There aren't enough NES emulators which support those two.
Re: Feature Requests [message #3600 is a reply to message #1294 ] Mon, 30 June 2014 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doomday45  [PM]
Hello. It would be nice to add support p2p. I play with friend with bad internet connection and he have very high ping. At retroarch low latency, but often disconnect.
Re: Feature Requests [message #3604 is a reply to message #1294 ] Tue, 01 July 2014 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
serkafox  [PM]
Best of the best thanks all.
In this sunday we play many games use multitap on SNES and NES.
By the way - i`am is PartyMan of Programm, there anyone people can play together. I make site where all can read instructions of mednaffen and build up server for this people. Everyone say THANK YOU for mednaffen and wish many lucky and many money Very Happy
But have one very bad thing - SMD not support multiplayer like J-Card, Teamplayer and 4-way. On SMD many games with multiplayer joy, but we use Kega Fusion and this emulator have many problem like lost connection, need static IP and more bad things.
We collect some money for donate on your work. Can we send and belive in future make on SMD multiplayer???
And last question - you make BIGGEST work on PS1, but miss great multiplayer platform like ARCADE, mame emulator. How deal with ARCADE emulator? If it possible, we can collect more money for help on this work, like 100$ or 200$. We understand - mednaffen its free, but "thanks" not put in pocket (russian joke) and we can help for this work.
Best regards and handshake for your work. Solyanka TEAM and SerkaFox.
Re: Feature Requests [message #3610 is a reply to message #1294 ] Mon, 07 July 2014 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
5247846  [PM]
Not all consoles emulated in Mednafen need a game ROM to work.
The original Sony PlayStation, the Sega Mega-CD and the NEC PC Engine CD-ROM² can be booted without a game (since they have an internal boot ROM).
Re: Feature Requests [message #3614 is a reply to message #3610 ] Tue, 08 July 2014 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
serkafox  [PM]
5247846 wrote on Mon, 07 July 2014 17:52

The original Sony PlayStation, the Sega Mega-CD and the NEC PC Engine CD-ROM² can be booted without a game (since they have an internal boot ROM).

Its mean, i no need CD for play on Mednaf? What need then for launch the game?
Re: Feature Requests [message #3615 is a reply to message #3614 ] Tue, 08 July 2014 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
5247846  [PM]
serkafox wrote on Tue, 08 July 2014 16:51

5247846 wrote on Mon, 07 July 2014 17:52

Its mean, i no need CD for play on Mednaf? What need then for launch the game?

Just the boot ROM.
Re: Feature Requests [message #3621 is a reply to message #1294 ] Mon, 14 July 2014 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
derpyqueue  [PM]
Can we have vibration added for DirectInput (and thus Playstation) controllers?

I asked a while ago if an option could be added to warp analog input of Xinput/Xbox 360 controllers, since they have a different analog range to the Playstation controllers. A similar feature was added, incredibly quickly I must add, and I'm grateful. However, it isn't a perfect solution. It deals with the issue by scaling the analog range. As a result, the analog input still isn't 1:1 with a Playstation controller, and I suspect maybe it would be too hard or too much work to warp the analog range of the Xinput controllers to perfectly match the Playstation ones.

I'm thinking maybe I should simply use a Playstation controller with the emulator instead. The only issue is lack of vibration support in DirectInput devices. Hence the request. Smile
Re: Feature Requests [message #3622 is a reply to message #3615 ] Mon, 14 July 2014 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
serkafox  [PM]
Ok... then where i can find this ROM, i dowuload many roms, but no one normaly start, everytime mednaf FREEZE.
Re: Feature Requests [message #3627 is a reply to message #1294 ] Sun, 20 July 2014 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NesAddict  [PM]
Would it be possible to add kaillera p2p support for netplay as a secondary option to mednafens own netplay to smooth over lag with some input delay for both players? Some clients like the ownaclient allow players to specify an input delay.

The default mednafen netplay works great but if the connection becomes a little unstable audio crackling can be heard and a little bit of visual lag now and then. Also when using the server program there's no lag or input delay for the host which creates a slight advantage in a 2p fighting game as well as slightly less responsive controls and sometimes visual lag for the client in co-op games unless the connection is perfect.

However the server program has a great use in spectating and taking turns in single player games as a way to allow the person playing no lag or input delay on his turn when he is hosting. The client on his turn can then disconnect from the host and connect to his own server the current host does the same but connects to the clients server. Maybe a simpler way to do this can be integrated. I know about /dupe /take /swap which are very useful commands (especially /dupe), but having the person who's playing have no visual or input lag in this scenario for single player games makes for a very enjoyable experience for both, I realize this is very niche and can live without it.

I really enjoy using mednafen for all the console's it supports and being able to netplay with most of them (even psx by enabling experimental save states works online). Alot of emulators that feature netplay have a very bare minimum approach and don't even have simple but very convenient features such as a console overlay with text chat or save states online. Lose progress just cause one players connection drops? Not so with mednafen.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 July 2014 21:20]

Re: Feature Requests [message #3629 is a reply to message #1294 ] Sun, 20 July 2014 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zombie_ryushu  [PM]
Look into RetroArch's Delay Frames.
Re: Feature Requests [message #3669 is a reply to message #1294 ] Mon, 25 August 2014 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winged Cat  [PM]
I support all suggestions of serkafox, because life will be much better with 4 player support for Genesis to play "Tiny Toon: Acme All Stars" using Mednafen Very Happy
blasjdflsakjflskajf [message #3713 is a reply to message #1294 ] Tue, 16 September 2014 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inukaze  [PM]
I wanna suggets the follow :

Mednafen , why not emulate N64 ???

Add Database for : Gameboy / Color / Advance & PlayStation 1

In GameBoy Advance Games , some Roms need make

$Name Of Rom.type

with something like

rtc
flash 128

I think its better have a "database file" to override that config for launch the game directly , without making manually the ".type" file and prevent the Blank / Black Screen when the game without that options try to start.

And with PlayStation , default specific settings , can be change editing the "database file" .

becuase i know the follow for example with PCSXR SVN

2D Games - Its better use "XVideo Driver" Plugin
3D Games - Its better use "OpenGL Driver" Plugin

i think its better a database file per module

some games like "Soul Reaver" needs the "GTE Accuracy" for correct emulation , that is need for the player can see the "Souls" of games.

I think the mednafen , need gather / extract , i dont know the rights words in english XD , sorry im from venezuela , this its not my native lang.

well extract the ROM Info

for example , similar to "Mupen64Plus"

ROM NAME
ROM CODE
ROM SIZE
ROM REGION
ROM HASH (MD5 / SHA1)

for example

ROM NAME : Pokemon Emerald
ROM CODE : 1986
ROM SIZE : 128MB
ROM REGION : USA
ROM HASH : ####SomeThing#####
ROM RTC : Enable by Default (using the Database File data)
ROM SAV : Flash 128 by Default (using the Database File data)

ROM NAME : Pokémon Esmeralda
ROM CODE : 2190
ROM SIZE : 128MB
ROM REGION : Europe
ROM HASH : ####SomeThing#####
ROM RTC : Enable by Default (using the Database File data)
ROM SAV : Flash 128 by Default (using the Database File data)

in the RTC , much games really dont use
in the SAV , well depende of games i know VBA , can use :
Flash 64 , Flash 128 , EPPROM , SENSOR , EPPROM+SENSOR

You understand my suggenstions ???

I have a dunno , Mednafen can emulate "GBA Wireless Link" / "GBA Wifi" ???

Thank you for readme Smile
Re: Roadmap/Version plans [message #3738 is a reply to message #3713 ] Thu, 30 October 2014 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deathdevil94  [PM]
Will support games from the Arcade machines, so wanted to play over the network in arcade games like Ninja Baseball Batman?
Re: Roadmap/Version plans [message #3741 is a reply to message #3738 ] Sat, 01 November 2014 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
serkafox  [PM]
deathdevil94 wrote on Thu, 30 October 2014 05:37

Will support games from the Arcade machines, so wanted to play over the network in arcade games like Ninja Baseball Batman?

Ромик, мы запрос всей группой уже кинули Админу http://forum.fobby.net/index.php?t=msg&th=1091&start=0&
Он по нашей просьбе добавит мультиплеер в сежку, а вот с аркадой пока ТИХО. Сами ждем.
Re: Feature Requests [message #3819 is a reply to message #1294 ] Wed, 31 December 2014 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
greenseeker  [PM]
I know enabling rewind by default has been discussed and shot down a few times already.

In my particular case, I am launching mednafen from xbmc on my HTPC so I don't generally have a keyboard connected. Dedicating a button on my controller to enable this feature, and then remembering to push it every time I launch a game, is not practical.

Would a command line argument be considered? For example...

# mednafen -enablerewind /path/to/rom/file.nes

[Updated on: Thu, 01 January 2015 19:30]

Re: Roadmap/Version plans [message #3862 is a reply to message #3713 ] Sat, 24 January 2015 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mega_mike  [PM]
I too would love to have N64 emulation in mednafen. N64 is the one system I struggle to get working well on my kodi (linux) htpc. Mupen64plus has low game compatibility and Project64 under Wine crashes and has audio issues.

That said, I have been running mednafen for years and its the best console emulator I have ever used. Every other day I go to the dev forums to look for a new version to compile and run, I'm addicted. Keep up the great work!
Re: Feature Requests [message #3865 is a reply to message #1294 ] Sat, 24 January 2015 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EvGS  [PM]
Hi, Developers. I very hope you can add Dendy-mode (NTSC/PAL Hybrid) to NES-core: http://forum.fobby.net/index.php?t=tree&th=1094&start=0&
Re: Roadmap/Version plans [message #3872 is a reply to message #3862 ] Mon, 26 January 2015 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inukaze  [PM]
Hi im a simple user of Operatings Systems for PC.

Well the games from N64 & PlayStation One

In emulation its hard because for each game , needs a diferent configurations

For CPU , GPU , Sound , its the main .

I have a SupraMega Script , for my custom configurations , this firtst , try to run Mupen64plus , just get the "ROM NAME" and the "CRC" .

To make the Custom Config , backup the files of current config of mupen64plus , rename them , and make my custom file to run for example

Mario Kart 64 -> Works Fine with Rice Video
Paper Mario 64 -> Works Fine with

Mortal Kombat -> For my NVIDIA works fine with HLE-Z and glZ , with this Game i need remap all control .

and the same happend with PSX Games .
For each game i have diferents configs Files :

Metal Gear Solid (EUR) -> 3D Game , better use MesaGL , this need a specific config , and bios file to works perfectly

Valkeryie Profile -> 2D Game , better use XVideo / X11

But with PSX Game , are much simple
2D Games -> Better use Xvideo / X11
3D Games -> Better use MesaGL

I really wanna make an a database for the games , but i really dont know how to use a database with a script for apply the better config , based on gathered information of system.

Well its better make a specifig configs for games , and trying which its the better for the pc using the emulator.
Re: Feature Requests [message #3914 is a reply to message #1294 ] Sun, 22 February 2015 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eadmaster  [PM]
I'd like to add a request for PSX-based arcade boards emulation.

Current MAME emulation is accurate but very slow, zinc is faster but has been discontinued for many years...
Re: Feature Requests [message #3936 is a reply to message #1294 ] Tue, 10 March 2015 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arsdmthe  [PM]
i request a doc for the api of mednafen
it refuse to load psx iso as file too large
if there was an api doc i'll fix it quickly or report a bug in libc++ of this distro Wink
also more users should contribute !
Re: Feature Requests [message #3937 is a reply to message #3936 ] Tue, 10 March 2015 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
You're supposed to load the CUE/CCD/TOC file, not the ISO/BIN file.
Re: Feature Requests [message #3938 is a reply to message #3937 ] Tue, 10 March 2015 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arsdmthe  [PM]
thanks for the precision
how i do when it's all i have ?
how about my request ?
Re: Feature Requests [message #3984 is a reply to message #1294 ] Sat, 18 April 2015 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doomday45  [PM]
What about replacing fceux to another emulator, such Nestopiya? Nestopia has more features, but also has higher precision emulatio
Re: Feature Requests [message #4003 is a reply to message #3984 ] Thu, 23 April 2015 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doomday45  [PM]
It doesnt matter. But what about enabling newppu in fceux?

[Updated on: Thu, 23 April 2015 06:09]

Re: Feature Requests [message #4005 is a reply to message #4003 ] Thu, 23 April 2015 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Mednafen doesn't use FCEUX.
Re: Feature Requests [message #4007 is a reply to message #4005 ] Thu, 23 April 2015 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doomday45  [PM]
I did implemented code for overclock from overclocked fceux to mednafen and it worked. Now I want add Dendy-mode to mednafen. I added it in fceux, but it use new ppu, which is disabled in mednafen port.

Is there a way to include new PPU in fceu?

[Updated on: Fri, 24 April 2015 00:54]

Re: Feature Requests [message #4039 is a reply to message #1294 ] Thu, 21 May 2015 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winged Cat  [PM]
On Mame Addicts forum I was told that analog control games won't sync over Kaillera MAME. It means that it is impossible to play such games as Ivan 'Ironman' Stewart's Super Off Road, Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat, Pigskin 621 A.D. etc via Mame32++.

Therefore I also support others regarding addition of arcade emulation support, especially for analog control games.
Open feature requests copied from SourceForge: [message #4093 is a reply to message #1294 ] Mon, 20 July 2015 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Add possiblity after start deamon get statistic from server useage who connected (client, IP, console, game, status (player or visitor), time when connected, time which it connected, memory useage, trafic usage).

Add support 3DO

The input.ckdelay option is very useful, but it creates ambiguity because the user can't tell if a command key is working except by holding it down. The on-screen display should overlay a hint like "Hold F12 to exit" if input.ckdelay > 0 and the user presses F12.

Thank you.

That's what I needed.
command.advance_frame keyboard 97+alt~keyboard 19
command.run_normal keyboard 114+alt~keyboard 19

Elegant would
command.pause keyboard 19
But so works.

More would like to be able to combine the buttons on the joystick, so that they function only works when pressed simultaneously, for example:

mednafen-09x.cfg
command.load_state keyboard 289~joystick 080e4a1ee1ed960b 00000009
command.save_state keyboard 286~joystick 080e4a1ee1ed960b 00000008
command.toggle_fs keyboard 13+alt~joystick 080e4a1ee1ed960b 0000000b
psx.input.port1.dualshock.select joystick 080e4a1ee1ed960b 00000008
psx.input.port1.dualshock.start joystick 080e4a1ee1ed960b 00000009
psx.input.port1.dualshock.l3 joystick 080e4a1ee1ed960b 0000000a

pcx.cfg
command.load_state keyboard 289~joystick 080e4a1ee1ed960b 00000009+joystick 080e4a1ee1ed960b 0000000a
command.save_state keyboard 286~joystick 080e4a1ee1ed960b 00000008+joystick 080e4a1ee1ed960b 0000000a
command.toggle_fs keyboard 13+alt~joystick 080e4a1ee1ed960b 0000000b+joystick 080e4a1ee1ed960b 0000000a

To pressing buttons, L3+Select and L3+Start and L3+R3 is triggered by a save/load/fs (In this case, it is not necessary to block the real action L3+Start and L3+Select and L3+R3).
With keyboard works well, but not with a joystick.

Loading override settings from "/home/ilya/.mednafen/psx.cfg"...
Loaded 3 valid settings and ignored 0 unknown settings.

But they do not work and do not override the main keys.
Behave as if ignored.
In other words, ignored "+joystick 080e4a1ee1ed960b 0000000a" in all combinations.

16 allow copy-paste in the cheat console

avoid code typing errors...

[Updated on: Sun, 22 January 2017 03:05]

Re: Feature Requests [message #4153 is a reply to message #1294 ] Sat, 22 August 2015 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
F1ReB4LL  [PM]
Maybe worth to set psx.input.port2.memcard to 0 by default? Some games clearly don't like both memcards inserted.

Re: Feature Requests [message #4158 is a reply to message #4153 ] Mon, 24 August 2015 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
F1ReB4LL wrote on Sat, 22 August 2015 20:47

Maybe worth to set psx.input.port2.memcard to 0 by default? Some games clearly don't like both memcards inserted.

Not really, if it's just that one game. If more games are affected than just it, it may make sense to make an internal database to automatically disable it.
Re: Feature Requests [message #4163 is a reply to message #1294 ] Tue, 25 August 2015 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winged Cat  [PM]
It would be great to add netplay for Game Boy and Sega Game Gear, because there are nice competitive games for these consoles.
Aspect ratio for systems with non-square pixels [message #4169 is a reply to message #1294 ] Thu, 03 September 2015 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
arromdee  [PM]
I'd like to see a way to automatically keep the same aspect ratio as the original system, even on systems with non-square pixels. I'd also like to see it do this keeping one of the scale factors an integer if at all possible

I just tried to do this for PC-FX. I had to
1) Check to see how many pixels it produces (it seemed to produce 288x232)
2) Compute the ratio of (288/232)/(4/3) to see what ratio I would need to fit into a 4:3 screen, coming up with 27/29
3) Pick appropriate xscale/yscale/xscalefs/yscalefs values; if I choose an integer value of 4 for Y, X would be about 4.3.

Of course, computing this manually for every possible system is a pain, and it doesn't take into account the possibility that the emulated system may have different graphics modes with different shaped pixels (I can't change the scale factors in the middle of the game whenever the game decides to use a different graphics mode). It's also probably inexact (the area output by the emulator probably doesn't fit the 4:3 screen exactly). So I really need a way to do this automatically.
Pages (3): [ «    1  2  3    »]  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:retro achievements
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Mon May 13 11:11:23 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.