Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Feature Requests » (Old and Tangled) Feature Requests
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Aspect ratio for systems with non-square pixels [message #4170 is a reply to message #4169 ] Thu, 03 September 2015 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Uhm, the PC-FX emulation in Mednafen already automatically applies pixel aspect ratio correction, as does the Mega Drive, PCE(and derivative systems), and PS1 emulation. It doesn't with NES and SNES by default, but that can be changed by the nes.correct_aspect and snes.correct_aspect settings.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 September 2015 15:11]

Re: Aspect ratio for systems with non-square pixels [message #4171 is a reply to message #4170 ] Thu, 03 September 2015 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arromdee  [PM]
So that 288 by 232 output is actually already scaled to contain non-square pixels, and is what someone would have seen on a television?

(Also, I tried the Retroarch core based on Mednafen PC-FX using the core provided aspect ratio. Would that be using the wrong ratio?)
Re: Aspect ratio for systems with non-square pixels [message #4172 is a reply to message #4171 ] Thu, 03 September 2015 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Yes, more or less, there will be some minor variance in the exact ratio from TV to TV(assuming old CRT TVs).

I've never used Retroarch, so I couldn't say.
Re: Feature Requests [message #4197 is a reply to message #1294 ] Wed, 16 September 2015 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vaporeon  [PM]
Can you add support for loading a PSX disc image from within a archive?
Re: Feature Requests [message #4251 is a reply to message #1294 ] Sun, 29 November 2015 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
In-emulator volume control/mute feature.
Re: Feature Requests [message #4325 is a reply to message #1294 ] Mon, 29 February 2016 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deathdevil94  [PM]
You might not have to deal with one thing, how to play netplay the game Zero Tolerance. The fact is that conventional netplay it doesn't work, there need some VIA Cable to a network game. Well if you know the game is on two consoles, two cartridges, and more. Here, therefore such a request.
Re: Feature Requests [message #4381 is a reply to message #1294 ] Thu, 09 June 2016 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
metalslayer  [PM]
I guess, there is no request to say, all was already spoken.
New platforms, like: n64, ps2, dc and all with 4 player netplay.
Impossible feature like Zero Tolerance vie cable emulation for multiplayer.
I want to say big thanks to creator/admin that created superior multiplayer feature with auto synchronisation on psx (and maybe others), I was shocked (charmed) when tested it, never saw something like that anywhere before.
Rewind emulation is super too, now I got Prince of Persia skills in any game.
And thank you for quick answers.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 June 2016 14:04]

Re: (Old and Tangled) Feature Requests [message #5614 is a reply to message #1294 ] Thu, 19 July 2018 13:26 Go to previous message
torao  [PM]
i am new here, and i would like to ask, is it posible to add the arcade system on mednafen?p.s. i love mednafen.
Pages (3): [ «    1  2  3]  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:retro achievements
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sun May 12 14:53:32 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.