Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Bugs » Saturn Bug Reports
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6009 is a reply to message #6007 ] Tue, 03 December 2019 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Giant Enemy Crab  [PM]
mednafen.cfg

;Expansion cart.
ss.cart extram4

;Default expansion cart when autodetection fails.
ss.cart.auto_default backup

;Enable multitap on Saturn port 1.
ss.input.sport1.multitap 0

;Enable multitap on Saturn port 2.
ss.input.sport2.multitap 0

Input device is Retro-Bit Sega Saturn Controller Bluetooth, but I could experience the same issue with other input device, like Dualshock 4.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 December 2019 09:31]

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6066 is a reply to message #4408 ] Sat, 25 January 2020 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorer  [PM]
Rayman got some graphical issues with the sprites when you are fighting Space Mama.
And I will give here a save state of when Rayman crashes with the final boss and some 100% save data for the game (USA verison).

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6072 is a reply to message #4408 ] Tue, 04 February 2020 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silanda  [PM]
Fighters Megamix (NTSC-J)

The question mark icons on the character select screen that cover characters not yet unlocked are misaligned.

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6076 is a reply to message #6066 ] Mon, 10 February 2020 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sat42  [PM]
Quote:

Rayman got some graphical issues with the sprites when you are fighting Space Mama.
And I will give here a save state of when Rayman crashes with the final boss and some 100% save data for the game (USA verison).

Many thanks to Sorer for this info and data.

The best version of Rayman is the Saturn version. I am hoping to do a series of videos encompassing a complete playthrough of Rayman for Saturn with Mednafen but will wait until the bugs are ironed out (particularly the game-stopping crash with the final boss).

Cheers for all the efforts here to make this the best Saturn emulator!
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6090 is a reply to message #4408 ] Sat, 07 March 2020 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rgb_rjc  [PM]
Lunar (Japan) freezes after the singer in the pub of Meribia sings a song when you talk to her.

I attached a recorded video for this bug.

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6199 is a reply to message #5382 ] Mon, 25 May 2020 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
narpassword00000  [PM]
Administrator wrote on Fri, 26 January 2018 04:33

Looks like an emulated CPU timing issue of some sort, probably won't be fixed in the next major release

Hi!

It's been quite a while now since I read or replied to this thread regarding my issue with BioHazard/Resident Evil and the freeze issue at the end of the game when Chris opens the door to save Jill.

It's been well over 2 years since I initially reported the issue and maybe the issue got fixed as of May 2020?
There got to be quite a lot that have happened since 0.9.48 and we are now on 1.24.3

Haven't played the game since I completed it back in early 2018 but I'm starting to get the itch again.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6264 is a reply to message #4408 ] Tue, 28 July 2020 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
erranhcs  [PM]
Hi. Registered to report a bug.

Text in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Akumajō Dracula X: Gekka no Yasōkyoku/悪魔城ドラキュラX 月下の夜想曲/Demon Castle Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight) is misaligned during dialogues.

Can be seen during any conversation. First screen is from Mednafen, the second is from YT (hardware capture). It should be on the same line as names. Right now it overlaps with portraits.

How to see it: it's in the very beginning - start the game, go up the stairs to Dracula.

• Attachment: Untitled.jpg
    (Size: 255.78KB, Downloaded 157 time(s))

• Attachment: Untitled1.jpg
    (Size: 353.55KB, Downloaded 151 time(s))

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6265 is a reply to message #4408 ] Tue, 28 July 2020 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silanda  [PM]
Can confirm that the text appears offset in Mednafen. I don't have my Saturn set up to test, but SSF matches the behaviour in that hardware captured footage.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6266 is a reply to message #4408 ] Thu, 30 July 2020 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sat42  [PM]
Just a little message of thanks to those who keep working on this Smile

After the Mednafen 1.25.0-UNSTABLE (July 13, 2020) release, I finally indulged in a complete playthrough of Rayman for Sega Saturn and I am happy to report that not a single issue remains!
The final boss fight and epilogue play out without a hitch. No bugs in the whole game.

Many thanks!
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6283 is a reply to message #4408 ] Mon, 07 September 2020 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paul_met  [PM]
VANDAL HEARTS [T-9526G]
Ash (vandalier class) has a wrong palette (emulator version 1.24.3). On other emulators (SSF, Yabause), this bug is not observed. Attached a save file (internal memory).

[Updated on: Mon, 07 September 2020 03:15]

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6295 is a reply to message #4408 ] Sun, 20 September 2020 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Photek  [PM]
Bug report:

The game 'Loaded' freezes after the demo.

To replicate this, run the game and do not press Start at the title screen, so eventually a gameplay demo will begin. Once the demo ends it will freeze/lock up on a black screen.

This is with Mednafen 1.25.0-unstable. It also happens with the 1.22.2 Retro Arch core. I'm using the US NTSC version of Loaded and haven't tried the PAL game, so it may happen with that too.
EDIT, i just tried the PAL version - same problem.

BTW, doubt you have any control over this, but it would be great if Retro Arch finally updated their ancient Mednafen "Beetle Saturn" core to a recent version. RA is more convenient to use, but their Mednafen fork is old and you've fixed a ton of bugs since then.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 September 2020 01:54]

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6296 is a reply to message #4408 ] Mon, 21 September 2020 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Photek  [PM]
An update to my last comment above... I've now discovered that 'Loaded' also immediately freezes/locks up after finishing the first level (stuck on a black screen again). This affects both NTSC and PAL versions.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6324 is a reply to message #4408 ] Sun, 01 November 2020 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silanda  [PM]
Robotica AKA Deadalus: Bursts of static in the audio. Firing rapidly or simply shooting the enemy is enough to get this to happen.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6325 is a reply to message #6324 ] Mon, 02 November 2020 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Silanda wrote on Sun, 01 November 2020 16:47

Robotica AKA Deadalus: Bursts of static in the audio. Firing rapidly or simply shooting the enemy is enough to get this to happen.

Are you sure that's not just a bug in the game rather than the emulation?
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6326 is a reply to message #6325 ] Mon, 02 November 2020 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silanda  [PM]
Administrator wrote on Mon, 02 November 2020 16:38

Silanda wrote on Sun, 01 November 2020 16:47

Are you sure that's not just a bug in the game rather than the emulation?

Ah. My Saturn's in storage so I didn't check it. It was so bad that I assumed that it couldn't possibly happen on real hardware. That appears to have been a bad assumption on my part.

Seems to be present in decade old Youtube videos claiming to be from real hardware, so until I set my Saturn up and test it on real hardware I think we can assume it's a game bug. Sorry.

Another game to go on my "how the hell did the testers miss this" list.

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6327 is a reply to message #6283 ] Tue, 03 November 2020 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paul_met  [PM]
paul_met wrote on Mon, 07 September 2020 03:14

VANDAL HEARTS [T-9526G]
Ash (vandalier class) has a wrong palette (emulator version 1.24.3). On other emulators (SSF, Yabause), this bug is not observed. Attached a save file (internal memory).

I also want to add that this bug occurs due to the fact that for some reason the data is not copied from LWRAM to VDP2 in full. Copying is performed using DMA transfer (06031DEE - copy procedure address).
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6414 is a reply to message #4408 ] Mon, 01 March 2021 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bishopcruz  [PM]
Lunar: Silver Star Story music cuts out during the first boss fight in Meribia and audio is garbled for the duration of it.

But happened on 1.26.1.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6416 is a reply to message #6414 ] Tue, 02 March 2021 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
bishopcruz wrote on Mon, 01 March 2021 16:09

Lunar: Silver Star Story music cuts out during the first boss fight in Meribia and audio is garbled for the duration of it.

But happened on 1.26.1.

Can you provide an internal save memory file(*.bkr from the "sav" directory under the Mednafen base directory) containing a save from shortly before the boss battle?
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6417 is a reply to message #6416 ] Thu, 04 March 2021 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bishopcruz  [PM]
Here you go. Third file on the save, walk down to the dock and talk to the bartender then the captain and you should be able to follow him to the dock for the boss fight.

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6421 is a reply to message #6417 ] Fri, 05 March 2021 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
bishopcruz wrote on Thu, 04 March 2021 21:23

Here you go. Third file on the save, walk down to the dock and talk to the bartender then the captain and you should be able to follow him to the dock for the boss fight.

It looks like buggy initialization code for the sound CPU at around SH-2 PC=0x0608151A is causing the sound CPU to crash and go haywire temporarily during game startup, causing garbage to be written to the SCSP DSP output mixer registers. The game fails to initialize those DSP registers later on, and they end up being mixed into the sound output during the boss battle for some reason, giving the audio a significant DC bias that causes heavy distortion or silence due to clamping/saturation.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6425 is a reply to message #4408 ] Sun, 14 March 2021 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silanda  [PM]
Street Fighter: Real Battle on Film

In movie mode the countdown clock is misaligned (shifted left), and the HUD during the actual fights might also be shifted left. It certainly looks that way compared to the quick check against real hardware that I did.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1310&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=1311&private=0

[Updated on: Sun, 14 March 2021 10:12]

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6588 is a reply to message #4408 ] Wed, 01 December 2021 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paul_met  [PM]
Densetsu no Ogre Battle [T-5305G]
There are problems with the positioning of layers NBG2 and NBG3 (wrong X position). Tested on emulators versions 1.27.1 and 1.28.0-UNSTABLE.

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6640 is a reply to message #4408 ] Tue, 08 February 2022 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bobblen  [PM]
Hello, I just wanted to report a bug I stumbled across in Primal Rage (USA). There's an easter egg where performing a special move just as the time runs out on a certain stage causes cows to rain down from the sky.

In Mednafen, those cows are each surrounded by a large green square. I've attached a screenshot and save state a second before the easter egg is triggered (you don't have to do anything further to make it happen, just wait).

Version used is Mednafen 1.28.0-UNSTABLE (windows 64 bit) which I believe is the first version where Primal Rage has worked due to a now fixed CD boot issue, so I have not tested on older versions.

I've just discovered there's a 1.29 release as well, so I'll check there too.

Thanks for all the work put into this wonderful emulator

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6701 is a reply to message #4408 ] Sat, 30 April 2022 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ForeskinJohn  [PM]
I'd like to report that NBA Jam Tournament Edition has a glitch during the team select screen in which the screen flashes back and fourth from black to the game screen, very jarring.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6734 is a reply to message #4408 ] Sat, 16 July 2022 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slime  [PM]
Hello,
Mednafen often freeze when start "Real Bout Garou Densetsu" (after Sega screen). Bug introduce since Mednafen 1.26.0 Unstable.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6735 is a reply to message #6734 ] Sun, 17 July 2022 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slime  [PM]
Slime wrote on Sat, 16 July 2022 16:44

Hello,
Mednafen often freeze when start "Real Bout Garou Densetsu" (after Sega screen). Bug introduce since Mednafen 1.26.0 Unstable.

"Capcom Generation - Dai-2-shuu Makai to Kishi (Japan)" also freeze after you have started "Dai Makai-Mura". He seems that pressing Start button during somes editors screens cause it.
Reproducing : after screen Now Loading press immediately Start button when Capcom screen logo appears.
Tested on Mednafen 1.29.0.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2022 05:03]

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6738 is a reply to message #6640 ] Tue, 26 July 2022 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Bobblen wrote on Tue, 08 February 2022 02:49

In Mednafen, those cows are each surrounded by a large green square. I've attached a screenshot and save state a second before the easter egg is triggered (you don't have to do anything further to make it happen, just wait).

Are you sure it's not just a bug in the Sega Saturn port?

[Updated on: Tue, 26 July 2022 18:58]

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6765 is a reply to message #4408 ] Tue, 06 September 2022 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
medtester  [PM]
On Linux, the Saturn module appears to freak out and send me back to the BIOS every time when I have XInput mode enabled on my gamepad. It works correctly in DInput mode. Other modules, such as the ST-V module, appear to work fine.

Gamepad: Logitech F310.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6766 is a reply to message #6765 ] Wed, 07 September 2022 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
medtester wrote on Tue, 06 September 2022 20:48

On Linux, the Saturn module appears to freak out and send me back to the BIOS every time when I have XInput mode enabled on my gamepad. It works correctly in DInput mode. Other modules, such as the ST-V module, appear to work fine.

Gamepad: Logitech F310.

https://mednafen.github.io/documentation/#Section_analog_detection
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6831 is a reply to message #6766 ] Mon, 23 January 2023 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ec2151  [PM]
Hello,

I wanted to join the forum to bring up a bug that I encountered a game-crashing bug at the end of panzer dragoon saga.

During the final cutscene of the game, the game is supposed to end the FMV and load the credits. However during the transition, the game just goes to the boot CD home screen.

I am using mednafen 1.31.

I first tried using a different mednafen (1.29). I tried using a different disc image (I used the archive.org disc and the cdromance image), using saves from internal memory rather than backup, tried skipping the cutscenes, but it always crashes in the exact same spot. I wonder if it's a timing issue?

I have the save files and save states that boot up close to the issue spot:

"PDS CDRomance" uses the 4disc download from cdromance. Savestate 1 loads 1 fmv prior to the crash (you can skip it with Start to get to the scene with the crash):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/mqpa4yn0k90qwo4/pds+cdromance.zip/file

"PDS Archive Org" uses the Disc 4 image from archive.org. There are several savestates, Savestate 5 loads the fmv where the crash happens (4 is the scene prior):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rttq56ssxd7jrii/pds+archiveorg.zip/file

I'm not really sure what to do, so I hope it's a simple thing that I overlooked. Thanks to anyone who checks this out! It's frustrating to crash right at the end of the game.

My music and projects: https://soundcloud.com/ec2151
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6832 is a reply to message #6831 ] Tue, 24 January 2023 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
ec2151 wrote on Mon, 23 January 2023 22:27

Hello,

I wanted to join the forum to bring up a bug that I encountered a game-crashing bug at the end of panzer dragoon saga.

Those save states contain data that originated from a bad dump of the game, that, among other possible problems, is missing track 4, which is the CD-DA track played during the end credits.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6948 is a reply to message #4408 ] Mon, 09 October 2023 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Juiko  [PM]
During the first battle of the last episode of Sakura Taisen, the shadow under all units appears red.

There are actually no shadows on real hardware, so it would seem like the game is doing something wrong when trying to draw them.

The attached system memory dump has a save that leads directly into the battle where this happens.

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6952 is a reply to message #6948 ] Thu, 12 October 2023 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Juiko wrote on Mon, 09 October 2023 18:52

During the first battle of the last episode of Sakura Taisen, the shadow under all units appears red.

There are actually no shadows on real hardware, so it would seem like the game is doing something wrong when trying to draw them.

It's due to a bug/inaccuracy in Mednafen's emulation of the VDP2's sprite shadow feature. It'll be fixed in the next major release.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6989 is a reply to message #4408 ] Sat, 06 January 2024 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mice  [PM]
Using 1.31.0-unstable, Shining Force III (US) is all kinds of corrupted. The first pic is of the BIOS, the text is corrupted. The second shows the "loading" text is wrongly stretched, and the third shows the main menu which has several kinds of corruption.

This surprises me a bit because some lists show SF3 as fully playable under mednafen?

• Attachment: bug0.png
    (Size: 537.05KB, Downloaded 20 time(s))

• Attachment: bug1.png
    (Size: 28.42KB, Downloaded 15 time(s))

• Attachment: bug2.png
    (Size: 326.53KB, Downloaded 15 time(s))

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6990 is a reply to message #6989 ] Sat, 06 January 2024 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
mice wrote on Sat, 06 January 2024 09:28

This surprises me a bit because some lists show SF3 as fully playable under mednafen?

It should be fully playable.

Where did you download Mednafen from? What operating system are you using? Did you enable any cheats?

Have you lately installed any viruses or angered any eldritch CPU gods? Wink
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6991 is a reply to message #6990 ] Sat, 06 January 2024 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mice  [PM]
I just compiled it, Linux x86_64, gcc 10.2, no cheats.

I also tried the latest stable release, 1.29.0, it had the exact same results.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6992 is a reply to message #6991 ] Sat, 06 January 2024 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Probably a compiler bug, then. Which distribution, so I can look into it? And did you use custom CFLAGS or CXXFLAGS?
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6993 is a reply to message #6992 ] Sat, 06 January 2024 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mice  [PM]
This is a LFS system, and I have these flags in the env:
-O3 -march=nocona -mtune=k8 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer

The exact gcc version is 10.2.0. Will try with CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS unset next.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6994 is a reply to message #6993 ] Sat, 06 January 2024 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mice  [PM]
With CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS unset, 1.31.0 shows correct graphics. So indeed a compiler bug, or a compilawyer thing where it decided it was allowed to optimize something undefined.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6995 is a reply to message #6994 ] Sat, 06 January 2024 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Administrator  [PM]
mice wrote on Sat, 06 January 2024 10:53

With CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS unset, 1.31.0 shows correct graphics. So indeed a compiler bug, or a compilawyer thing where it decided it was allowed to optimize something undefined.

Compiler bug reported: https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=113255
Pages (5): [ «    1  2  3  4  5    »]  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mega Drive bugs reports
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 02:40:21 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.