Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Bugs » Saturn Bug Reports
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5312 is a reply to message #5308 ] Fri, 24 November 2017 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rael_gc  [PM]
After your mention, I tried to find another dump, and it worked. Thanks for the awesome emulator (I'm using it in Retroarch core as lr-beetle) and sorry to disturb you with this non-issue.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5340 is a reply to message #4408 ] Thu, 04 January 2018 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SGAN  [PM]
Street Fighter Alpha (USA)

It works close to perfectly since Mednafen 0.9.44.1 version, but...

- If i use the 64bits compiled version, it works perfectly in 0.9.44.1, 0.9.45, 0.9.46 and 0.9.48 (didn't try with 0.9.47)

- If I use the 32bits compiled version, it don't start.

I don't care much, cause I'm using Windows 10 64bits version, but I would love to make and installer with the "2 version"

I'm launching the game by 3 ways: command line, using the MedSat Gui, and using scripts in a bath file (.bat), like this ones, I get the same results using the 3 different ways:

For 64bits Mednafen:

@echo off
copy Core64bits\*.* Core\
echo.
pause
cls
cd Core
mednafen.exe "..\Street Fighter Alpha - Warriors' Dreams (1995)(Capcom)(US).ccd"
cd..
cls
echo. ...
ping 0.0.0.0 -n 2 -w 10000 > nul
echo. ..
echo. .
echo.
echo.
echo.
copy Core\mednafen-09x.cfg Core64bits\

For 32bits mednafen build:

@echo off
copy Core32bits\*.* Core\
pause
cls
cd Core
mednafen.exe "..\Street Fighter Alpha - Warriors' Dreams (1995)(Capcom)(US).ccd"
cd..
cls
echo. ...
echo. ..
echo. .
echo.
echo.
echo.
copy Core\mednafen-09x.cfg Core32bits\

So I can test 32 and 64bits version easily copying each version in "Core64bits" and "Core32bits" folders.

32bits version never work
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5341 is a reply to message #5340 ] Thu, 04 January 2018 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Mednafen's Saturn emulation is not compiled into the official 32-bit Windows build, a limitation that is documented: https://mednafen.github.io/documentation/ss.html
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5349 is a reply to message #5341 ] Sun, 21 January 2018 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SGAN  [PM]
Oh shit... I didn't know that, i didn't read the doc.

Thanks.

Only one more question, could me, or anyone compile it in 32bits? or is it impossible casue of the sourcecode?
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5350 is a reply to message #5349 ] Sun, 21 January 2018 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
SGAN wrote on Sun, 21 January 2018 12:50

Only one more question, could me, or anyone compile it in 32bits? or is it impossible casue of the sourcecode?

It's possible, but the performance will suffer noticeably.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5351 is a reply to message #4408 ] Tue, 23 January 2018 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
narpassword0000  [PM]
Hi everyone!

To make a long story short I recently bought Bio Hazard off an auction looking to expand my Saturn collection.
I dumped it and it verifies at Redump.org

I'm playing this game on Mednafen 0.9.48 x64 on Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB and everything have worked well with Jill's scenario, got the Best ending and under 3 hours for the Special key and the Rocket launcher.

Chris's scenario however I have only gotten the OK ending due to a strange freeze that occurs, let me explain.

In the end and if you have saved Rebecca and she lives, she will set off the self destruct and Chris can either save Jill or leave her.

Leave her and you can complete the game (got the rocket launcher at least) and you get the OK ending.

However I wanted the Special key and the Best ending also so I wanted to save Jill from the cell but as soon as Chris opens the door, enters, start talking to Jill and Jill runs towards Chris the game freezes with music still playing.

Nothing happens at all at this point, I waited as much as 10 minutes but they are just standing there.

I can still load save states so it must be a mild freeze or something.

The game have been working so great up to this point, it a shame to see it fall at the finish line.

EDIT:

I'm sorry to say that it froze in SSF too Sad

I converted my save file and loaded it in SSF, I ran to the cell with Chris, opened it and it froze at the same spot.

This means that there probably is something wrong with my disc/dump then?

It sucks because it's verified at Redump.org

Crc32: ac746d7e

Don't know what to do here since obviously there is nothing wrong with Mednafen or SSF.

Confused Confused Confused

EDIT 2:

Had to call my good old friend Ryan who owns the NTSC-U version of Resident Evil and ask him to help me out.

I converted the save files for him (got lucky it worked, NTSC-J to NTSC-U conversions isn't always smooth) and he tested the game in both Mednafen and SSF, still the same freeze.

His dumped game is also verified at Redump.org

Crc32: b4ad9edd

So what are the odds that both verified games is broken.

Something is causing these freezes in both Mednafen and SSF, but what???

[Updated on: Tue, 23 January 2018 04:37]

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5359 is a reply to message #5351 ] Tue, 23 January 2018 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThereIsNothing  [PM]
narpassword0000 wrote on Tue, 23 January 2018 00:38

However I wanted the Special key and the Best ending also so I wanted to save Jill from the cell but as soon as Chris opens the door, enters, start talking to Jill and Jill runs towards Chris the game freezes with music still playing.

About 5 years ago I'm also stuck in this place and the only solution I found is to use very old version of SSF. You need SSF 0.07 beta R5, but emulation in that old build is very rough so it's better to use it only to the moment when you saved Jill and then return back to the newer emulator.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5360 is a reply to message #5351 ] Tue, 23 January 2018 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
If you provide your save file, I can try looking into it.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5364 is a reply to message #4408 ] Wed, 24 January 2018 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
narpassword0000  [PM]
@ThereIsNothing

Thanks, I'll make sure to check that out!

@Administrator

Thanks, this .zip file I'm uploading contains a sav folder with a saved game with Chris a few rooms back from Jill's cell.

The mcs folder contains a save state right outside the cell door, just enter to trigger the Chris/Jill freeze scene.

If you don't have the Japanese version of the game and you got another version you can at least use the save game by just renaming the files in the sav folder.

It worked for my friend Ryan with the American version of Resident Evil, I don't know anybody with PAL but save should be able to be converted with PAL too I guess.

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5369 is a reply to message #5364 ] Thu, 25 January 2018 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
narpassword0000  [PM]
@ThereIsNothing

SSF 0.07 beta R5 seems to be dead broken on Windows 10 and can't even be launched so I guess all I can do is wait till this issue is fixed in the next version of Mednafen.

But thanks for recommending this and tried to help, I really appreciated it!
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5382 is a reply to message #5369 ] Fri, 26 January 2018 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Looks like an emulated CPU timing issue of some sort, probably won't be fixed in the next major release
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5383 is a reply to message #5382 ] Sat, 27 January 2018 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
narpassword0000  [PM]
Administrator wrote on Fri, 26 January 2018 04:33

Looks like an emulated CPU timing issue of some sort, probably won't be fixed in the next major release

That's unfortunate but nevertheless it's great to hear that you know what's causing it and that it can be fixed at some point.

Thanks for your feedback!
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5439 is a reply to message #4408 ] Wed, 21 February 2018 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mikudayo  [PM]
Marica ~shinjitsu no sekai~

golden,silver armor sisters stage freezing

I attached a save file

マリカ ~真実の世界~
T-6008G

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5441 is a reply to message #4747 ] Thu, 22 February 2018 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silanda  [PM]
Silanda wrote on Mon, 09 January 2017 09:16

Corpse Killer - Graveyard Edition.

The game works as far as I can tell, but when you get to the in game menu screen (where you can save the game, etc), the rotation effect when you select anything is very slow and jerky.

Just an update on this from the current version. Unless I'm imagining things, this bug does not seem as severe as it was. For example, when selecting the save option, the icon spins and scales to full screen smoothly.

The option where the impact is worst is the map. The scaling and associated sound effect is stuttery when the map is selected, and when an icon is selected from the map, it actually flickers and disappears as it's supposed to be rotating and expanding.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5490 is a reply to message #4408 ] Fri, 30 March 2018 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lacularius  [PM]
Hello! I'm having some graphical glitches with Shining Force III Scenario 2.

- The blue cursor thingy will glitch most of the time and turn brown (screenshot 1) or, less often, completely disappear

- Most often the graphical effects of magic are gone (screenshot 2)

I use Mednafen with Retroarch. When playing SFIII Scen 1 I didn't encounter any problems. I tried using Mednafen standalone, but the same glitches happen. Then I tried the SSF emulator with the same CD and BIOS files as before and the glitches were gone, so it is definitley a problem of Mednafen.

• Attachment: SF3-0000.png
    (Size: 75.59KB, Downloaded 73 time(s))

• Attachment: SF3-0001.png
    (Size: 11.11KB, Downloaded 69 time(s))

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5491 is a reply to message #5490 ] Sat, 31 March 2018 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
Lacularius wrote on Fri, 30 March 2018 03:46

Hello! I'm having some graphical glitches with Shining Force III Scenario 2.

Confirmed.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5497 is a reply to message #4408 ] Sat, 07 April 2018 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Model  [PM]
WipEout NTSC-U & NTSC-J

Black screen at the end of the game trying to return to the start menu (unable to save progress), or if you try to end a game from anywhere and try to return to the start menu it will black screen hang the same way. An easy way to find the bug is to start the game and don't press any buttons, after the CGI intro plays, the game will sit on the start screen a moment then play demo mode, once the demo mode finishes the game tries to return to the start screen but it black screen hangs the exact same way as the bug I mentioned. Exact same fault in both USA & JAP versions.

Tested on 2 different systems (Windows 10 | 6700k/8700k | gtx1080/1080ti) and tested on Mednafen 1.21.2 & 0.9.48
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5499 is a reply to message #4408 ] Sun, 08 April 2018 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Z3R0B4NG  [PM]
Hi,
i just registered to let you guys know that in "Darklight Conflict" there are lines and columns of AAA's and AAAA's written on the screen.

https://i.imgur.com/qsn4DVQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/0Y6Os7G.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/PLoBuG2.jpg

tested with versions 0.9.48 and 1.21.2 on Windows 10
happens with EU and US versions of the game.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5587 is a reply to message #4408 ] Sat, 23 June 2018 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smellycurry  [PM]
X-Men vs. Street Fighter (J)
The audio is crackling and the game slows down often.
I have tried a different game, Saturn Bomberman, and that worked fine, so what happened here?
Specs:
AMD A10-6800k (CPU)
AMD Radeon RX 470 8GB (GPU)
Windows 10 Pro
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5588 is a reply to message #5587 ] Sat, 23 June 2018 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
smellycurry wrote on Sat, 23 June 2018 13:01

X-Men vs. Street Fighter (J)
The audio is crackling and the game slows down often.
I have tried a different game, Saturn Bomberman, and that worked fine, so what happened here?
Specs:
AMD A10-6800k (CPU)
AMD Radeon RX 470 8GB (GPU)
Windows 10 Pro

That happens when Mednafen is unable to run fullspeed, probably because the CPU isn't fast enough.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5613 is a reply to message #4408 ] Wed, 18 July 2018 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
narpassword0000  [PM]
It's been a good while since I played around with Mednafen and from the looks of it a lot of stuff happened.

I know there have been a few Sega Saturn changes since January earlier this year but I'm not certain any of the Saturn related changes have effected the freeze issue I've had with Resident Evil/Bio Hazard playing as Chris?

I've managed to 100% the game through playing the game back and forth on Mednafen and a super old SSF version, but just barely.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5622 is a reply to message #5613 ] Wed, 25 July 2018 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
d8thstar  [PM]
running newest mednafen, can’t get to control config. alt+shift+[n] doesn’t do anything. also can’t change control type (itching to try lightgun games).

any thoughts? thanks!
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5643 is a reply to message #4408 ] Sun, 02 September 2018 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
altair  [PM]
I've tried today to debug Die Hard Trilogy (Hangs at Sega Logo).
It seems that the program try to read a value at adress FFFFFE11 to test it until this value is equal 0x128.
Because the value readed is always 0x0000000E the program do an infinite loop.

What i don't understand is that the official documentation don't speak about something in memory mapping on top of adress 0x7FFFFFFF in sh2 memory mapping.

https://preview.ibb.co/jB9vvK/Die_Hard_Hang_Debugger.png
Karl Shapiro poems

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5648 is a reply to message #5643 ] Wed, 05 September 2018 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
altair wrote on Sun, 02 September 2018 09:17

I've tried today to debug Die Hard Trilogy (Hangs at Sega Logo).
It seems that the program try to read a value at adress FFFFFE11 to test it until this value is equal 0x128.
Because the value readed is always 0x0000000E the program do an infinite loop.

FTCSR is the name of the internal SH-2 I/O register at that address. On the Saturn it's typically used as part of the inter-processor communication process.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5651 is a reply to message #4408 ] Fri, 07 September 2018 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
altair  [PM]
Ok. Is possible in debugger to Switch from sh2 master to sh2 slave CPU?
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5652 is a reply to message #5651 ] Sat, 08 September 2018 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
altair wrote on Fri, 07 September 2018 05:10

Ok. Is possible in debugger to Switch from sh2 master to sh2 slave CPU?

Sort of, with the "T" key, but it's very kludgy.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5654 is a reply to message #4408 ] Sat, 08 September 2018 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
altair  [PM]
It seems that the program is waiting
indefinitely the ICF Flag of FTCSR register is set.
When i switch to slave cpu it seems that it's in inactive state.

[Updated on: Sun, 09 September 2018 05:35]

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5688 is a reply to message #4408 ] Thu, 18 October 2018 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
altair  [PM]
I don't know if the saturn core developer will read this message but will be any bug fix in next release?
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5691 is a reply to message #4408 ] Sat, 27 October 2018 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThiagoFJ  [PM]
Dragon Force 2

Bug: The troop counter during battles does not update correctly and/or killed troops don't have their status correctly updated.

This is somewhat random, but a lot of times, even after all troops are killed, the game still shows a count of 1 or more. And the minimap still shows your unit even if the sprite already dissappeared. That wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that it prevents the commanders from initiating a duel after all troops are killed.

From what I've researched, ut seems this bug is also present in the current version of SSF, but does not happen on a specific older version.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5700 is a reply to message #5691 ] Mon, 19 November 2018 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paul_met  [PM]
What happens on the last screen? Why is the return to the previous procedure (06041DAA) ignored? But if you load the address for a jump into another register (not R0), then everything will work correctly.
---------------------------------------------

• Attachment: 05.png
    (Size: 30.29KB, Downloaded 67 time(s))

• Attachment: 06.png
    (Size: 29.87KB, Downloaded 42 time(s))

• Attachment: 03.png
    (Size: 30.65KB, Downloaded 43 time(s))

• Attachment: 04.png
    (Size: 30.18KB, Downloaded 33 time(s))

• Attachment: 02.png
    (Size: 30.60KB, Downloaded 36 time(s))

• Attachment: 01.png
    (Size: 30.49KB, Downloaded 44 time(s))

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5739 is a reply to message #5700 ] Tue, 01 January 2019 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paul_met  [PM]
Linkle Liver Story (GS-9055) - Black screen after entering the global map. Music is playing, but control is not responding.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5740 is a reply to message #5739 ] Tue, 01 January 2019 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
paul_met wrote on Tue, 01 January 2019 05:30

Linkle Liver Story (GS-9055) - Black screen after entering the global map. Music is playing, but control is not responding.

Confirmed.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5768 is a reply to message #4408 ] Mon, 21 January 2019 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roulf  [PM]
Shining Force 3 - Scenario 1 - Chapter 4

In chapter 4 when Synbios is about to talk to Conrad in Flagard Castle, the game freezes with a blue text starting to show, though the music keeps running. This happens in some newer SSF versions as well, but works fine in older SSF. Save files attached, reproduce by:
1) Starting the latest game (should be at time 18:00 in Flagard Church, loaded from the Cartridge)
2) Leave the church
3) Walk to the castle gates, to the left of them is a green emblem, press the "C" button on it to open a hidden door and enter.
4) Walk through some rooms and progress text once in Conrad's room.
5) Walk towards Conrad's area, and the game will freeze with the text bubble loading.

Thanks, let me know if you need more details or screenshots!

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5769 is a reply to message #4408 ] Tue, 22 January 2019 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roulf  [PM]
False alarm; turns out the bug at Conrad only happens in the patched translation. Using the original CD has no problems!
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5800 is a reply to message #4408 ] Sat, 16 February 2019 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Siggy12  [PM]
SEIFUKU DENSETSU (PRETTY FIGHTER X)

play the first match and lose screen became black and nothing more happen I have to quit mednafen.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5801 is a reply to message #5769 ] Sat, 16 February 2019 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Siggy12  [PM]
false allarm for seifuku densetsu
(PRETTY FIGHTER X) it was a bad dump.
it works perfectly. sorry for the mistake.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5924 is a reply to message #4408 ] Wed, 04 September 2019 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Currupez  [PM]
I've retested Firestorm: Thunderhawk II (Europe) in 1.23.0-UNSTABLE and it now goes into gameplay.

However, now it also hangs during the FMV intro, 1 minute after it starts. That didn't happen in 1.22.2. If you skip it before it hangs, the game works well though.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #5974 is a reply to message #4408 ] Sun, 20 October 2019 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sessh  [PM]
First post here, so hopefully I do this right.

Shining Force III: Scenario 1

There is a graphical glitch that occurs when you go into status and look through your friendship list. Simply scrolling up and down the list causes the names in the list to be jumbled for a split second, then returns to normal once the cursor stops moving.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1221&private=0

This does not occur in SSF with either the translated patch applied or not applied. Tested in both 011 alpha R5 and 012 beta R2 and this issue isn't present. Unfortunately, SSF does not render the flutes in the town music properly which is why I am using Mednafen for this game.

I am using the MedLaunch frontend, so I don't know if that would have anything to do with it or not.

I will attach the save folder here.

Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6004 is a reply to message #4408 ] Fri, 29 November 2019 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Giant Enemy Crab  [PM]
Reorting some behavior for Cyber Bots.
Start the game, then start Arcade mode, then it will be stuck at "Now Loading" forever.
Re: Saturn Bug Reports [message #6007 is a reply to message #6004 ] Sun, 01 December 2019 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Administrator  [PM]
Giant Enemy Crab wrote on Fri, 29 November 2019 22:31

Reorting some behavior for Cyber Bots.
Start the game, then start Arcade mode, then it will be stuck at "Now Loading" forever.

Unable to reproduce; what are your Saturn emulation(e.g. cart, input devices, multitap) settings set to?
Pages (5): [ «    1  2  3  4  5    »]  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mega Drive bugs reports
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:16:23 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.