Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » General » Gamepad Configuration Problems
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Gamepad Configuration Problems [message #5225] Mon, 18 September 2017 17:17 Go to next message
ark216  [PM]
Greetings Everyone,
Posting here for the very first time. I just downloaded Mednafen and wanted to try out some Saturn Titles like OutRun and others. I have successfully installed the Emulator and got it running but i am encountering problems while configuring my wireless xbox one/ xbox 360 gamepad. For some weird reason my gamepad is being detected as "3dgame pad 11" as opposed to "3d game pad 1". I configured my controls on the "3d gamepad 11" and as expected controller doesn't seem to work at all!
I would be extremely grateful if someone can guide me in that respect.

Regards,
ARK
Re: Gamepad Configuration Problems [message #5232 is a reply to message #5225 ] Thu, 21 September 2017 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scall  [PM]
Hello ark216,

when you press [Alt] + [Shift] + [1], you need to press the [1] below [Esc] and [F1], and NOT on the numeric keypad. The [1] on the numeric keypad is for controller 11 indeed. Wink
Re: Gamepad Configuration Problems [message #5233 is a reply to message #5232 ] Thu, 21 September 2017 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ark216  [PM]
Scall wrote on Thu, 21 September 2017 03:55

Hello ark216,

when you press [Alt] + [Shift] + [1], you need to press the [1] below [Esc] and [F1], and NOT on the numeric keypad. The [1] on the numeric keypad is for controller 11 indeed. Wink

Hi there,
Thank you for your reply, i did try what you said but still things aren't working out. Follow the IMGUR link below to see what troubles i am going through.
https://imgur.com/a/AkGkm

Kindly help me out accordingly!

Regards
Re: Gamepad Configuration Problems [message #5234 is a reply to message #5232 ] Thu, 21 September 2017 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ark216  [PM]
Scall wrote on Thu, 21 September 2017 03:55

Hello ark216,

So you see i am unable to play using a controller.Kindly help me in this regard.
Re: Gamepad Configuration Problems [message #5235 is a reply to message #5234 ] Thu, 21 September 2017 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scall  [PM]
Ok, it looks like you changed some command keys by mistake (and made a mess Razz).

Please follow these instructions:

1. Close Mednafen, if it is running.
  2. Delete your “mednafen-09x.cfg” in the emulator folder, so the emulator will generate a new configuration file the next time you run it.
  3. Start the game and, if you prefer the 3D Control Pad, press [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [1] until you read “3D Control Pad selected on port 1”.
  4. Press [Alt] + [Shift] + [1] to configure the controller.
Re: Gamepad Configuration Problems [message #5236 is a reply to message #5235 ] Thu, 21 September 2017 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ark216  [PM]
Scall wrote on Thu, 21 September 2017 11:03

Ok, it looks like you changed some command keys by mistake (and made a mess Razz).

Please follow these instructions:

1. Close Mednafen, if it is running.
  2. Delete your “mednafen-09x.cfg” in the emulator folder, so the emulator will generate a new configuration file the next time you run it.
  3. Start the game and, if you prefer the 3D Control Pad, press [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [1] until you read “3D Control Pad selected on port 1”.
  4. Press [Alt] + [Shift] + [1] to configure the controller.

I tried but no luck Sad
Can you look into my cfg file to see what's wrong?

Re: Gamepad Configuration Problems [message #5237 is a reply to message #5236 ] Fri, 22 September 2017 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scall  [PM]
Let's see if it is a key related issue. Try this:

1. Extract the attached archive in your Mednafen folder.
  2. Close the emulator, if it is running.
  3. Double-click and run “inputconfig-fkeys.bat” (it has to be in the same folder as mednafen.exe, not in a subdirectory).
  4. Start the game and this time press [Ctrl] + [F1].

[Updated on: Fri, 22 September 2017 15:34]

Re: Gamepad Configuration Problems [message #5238 is a reply to message #5237 ] Fri, 22 September 2017 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ark216  [PM]
Scall wrote on Fri, 22 September 2017 09:14

3. Double-click and run “inputconfig-fkeys.bat” (it has to be in the same folder as mednafen.exe, not in a subdirectory).

Buddy, it worked! Smile The controller seems to work now! Thank you so much Smile . I would like to use my Analog sticks as well. How to configure them? How to use the "3dpad" to configure controls?
Re: Gamepad Configuration Problems [message #5239 is a reply to message #5238 ] Fri, 22 September 2017 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ark216  [PM]
ark216 wrote on Fri, 22 September 2017 13:23

Buddy, it worked! Smile The controller seems to work now! Thank you so much Smile . I would like to use my Analog sticks as well. How to configure them? How to use the "3dpad" to configure controls?

Hey i figured how to configure my "3dpad" all i had to do was go into cfg and then this line "ss.input.port1 gamepad" and replace the word "gamepad" by "3dpad" correct?

But when i configure my controls (Rt Trigger as Accel and Lt Trigger as brake) they don't seems to work in the "3dpad" mode.

EDIT:When playing Outrun triggers now work fine BUT when i switch to "analog" for steering the car "slows down" and if i have hit the brakes. Does Outrun support Analog controls?

[Updated on: Fri, 22 September 2017 13:52]

Re: Gamepad Configuration Problems [message #5240 is a reply to message #5238 ] Fri, 22 September 2017 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scall  [PM]
Quote:

Hey i figured how to configure my "3dpad" all i had to do was go into cfg and then this line "ss.input.port1 gamepad" and replace the word "gamepad" by "3dpad" correct?

Yes. Also, if you download and run the inputconfig-fkeys.bat again, you should be able do that with [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [F1] as well (I reuploaded it).

Quote:

EDIT:When playing Outrun triggers now work fine BUT when i switch to "analog" for steering the car "slows down" and if i have hit the brakes. Does Outrun support Analog controls?

Yes, it does. I played it with the analog stick and works like a charm. Did you press the “Mode Select” key? When you press it, you'll see the message “3D Control Pad 1: Mode: Analog(o) selected”. In analog mode OutRun will use different buttons though, as you can see from the options:
https://framapic.org/s15Z6y0BS9FQ/SW8j5E2vZEAA.png
https://framapic.org/s9edJz1Aiu7r/REOSIelDC9L7.png

[Updated on: Sat, 23 September 2017 11:30]

Re: Gamepad Configuration Problems [message #5241 is a reply to message #5240 ] Sat, 23 September 2017 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ark216  [PM]
Scall wrote on Fri, 22 September 2017 15:38

Quote:

Yes. Also, if you download and run the inputconfig-fkeys.bat again, you should be able do that with [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [F1] as well (I reuploaded it).

Quote:

Yes, it does. I played it with the analog stick and works like a charm. Did you press the “Mode Select” key? When you press it, you'll see the message “3D Control Pad 1: Mode: Analog(o) selected”. In analog mode OutRun will use different buttons though, as you can see from the options:
https://framapic.org/s15Z6y0BS9FQ/SW8j5E2vZEAA.png
https://framapic.org/s9edJz1Aiu7r/REOSIelDC9L7.png

Thanks mate! It did work! Is there a way i can play this game somehow in "widescreen" or 16:9 aspect ratio without the picture getting squished or something.I am guessing it's a 2d game and it probably won't?

How do you set an output resolution (1080P) in mednafen and is there a way to increase the "internal resolution" of the 3d games in this emulator.

[Updated on: Sat, 23 September 2017 19:07]

Re: Gamepad Configuration Problems [message #5242 is a reply to message #5225 ] Sun, 24 September 2017 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scall  [PM]
You can't increase the internal resolution, but you can increase the game screen size with these options:
https://mednafen.github.io/documentation#<system>.stretch
https://mednafen.github.io/documentation#<system>.xscale
https://mednafen.github.io/documentation#<system>.yscale

For instance, if you want to fill the screen when playing Sega Saturn games in full-screen mode (you can enable it pressing [Alt] + [Enter] in Mednafen), but preserve the aspect ratio, you should set:
ss.stretch aspect

To increase the window size, when not in full-screen mode:

ss.xscale 4.000000
ss.yscale 4.000000

The default value for ss.xscale and ss.yscale is “3.000000”. Just replace it with any value you prefer.

P.S.: there's no need to quote every post, you can click on the “post reply” button, unless you really need to quote something. Wink

[Updated on: Mon, 25 September 2017 14:48]

Re: Gamepad Configuration Problems [message #5244 is a reply to message #5225 ] Sun, 24 September 2017 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ark216  [PM]
Very Happy Sure i won't be quoting that often. However i just went into the config file i saw that the ss.stretch command as:

;Stretch to fill screen.
ss.stretch aspect_mult2

I want to play in fullscreen with aspect ratio 'not messed up' such that the image doesn't look squished. i don't get the "_mult2" what does that mean? because i am not getting Outrun filling my screen (with original aspect ratio preserved)

Also i saw 2 commands as:

;Full-screen horizontal resolution.
ss.xres 0
;Full-screen vertical resolution.
ss.yres 0

If using a 1080p display can i replace those zeroes by '1920' and 1080'respectively?

and do the scaling factor commands x and y scale act a some sort of a "zoom"? If so then how to avoid getting the sides cropped?

Re: Gamepad Configuration Problems [message #5246 is a reply to message #5244 ] Mon, 25 September 2017 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scall  [PM]
I think that “ss.stretch aspect” (without _mult2) is what you want. Smile

Quote:

i don't get the "_mult2" what does that mean?

If you click on the first link of my previous post, you can see the description for all the <system>.stretch options.

Quote:

Also i saw 2 commands as:

;Full-screen horizontal resolution.
ss.xres 0
;Full-screen vertical resolution.
ss.yres 0

If using a 1080p display can i replace those zeroes by '1920' and 1080'respectively?

Those are set to your desktop resolution by default, so I don't think you need to change their value:
https://mednafen.github.io/documentation#<system>.xres
https://mednafen.github.io/documentation#<system>.yres

Quote:

and do the scaling factor commands x and y scale act a some sort of a "zoom"? If so then how to avoid getting the sides cropped?

Yes, but sides shouldn't get cropped, unless the value you set is too high (in that case just reduce the value).
Re: Gamepad Configuration Problems [message #5764 is a reply to message #5238 ] Sun, 20 January 2019 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cloud  [PM]
ark216 wrote on Fri, 22 September 2017 13:23

Hello you two, im using this for PSX emulator in mednafen, i have a gamepad called: MSI GC30 wireless, and i can't use it out of digital... i followed all of this, i would pay a bit for personal help.
Re: Gamepad Configuration Problems [message #6895 is a reply to message #5225 ] Tue, 11 July 2023 06:08 Go to previous message
pegne  [PM]
I have a Mednafen emulator and the controller of the Xbox was set up properly and was functioning until yesterday, today when I wanted to play the game the controller wasn't functioning try salt-shit-1 not worked tried ctrl-alt-1 still not working what to try next reinstall it but how to save the previous configuration of the controller or there is something else to try before reinstalling it? 
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Saturn debugging on mednafen
Next Topic:Standalone vs RetroArch?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 11 18:34:59 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.