Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » General » WASAPI not working via HDMI if resolution isn't native
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
WASAPI not working via HDMI if resolution isn't native [message #5890] Mon, 24 June 2019 17:33
NicholasNRG  [PM]
I run standalone mednaden on Windows 10 64-Bit with latest updates, on a Lenovo Y700 laptop which has Realtek HD Audio and uses Intel Display Audio for HDMI sound.

When playing through a monitor connected via HDMI, WASAPI (exclusive or shared) will not work and frame limiter will be off if the resolution on mednafen is changed to anything besides the native resolution of the monitor. This does not happen on the laptop's screen.

I would much rather not set the emulator to its native resolution as I play my games with a controller via Steam Big Picture shortcuts, and the Steam Overlay leaves behind artifacts wherever there are black bars.

Setting mednafen on a 4:3 resolution is the only way to avoid these artifacts, since any Steam UI elements will render on top of the game screen and not the black bars, but leaves me with no audio and no throttle on video.

I'd also rather not use Retroarch since the emulator performs worse there in my case. Is there anything I can do?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:del
Next Topic:new here
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 05:31:36 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.