Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Other » General » Cheat on server
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Cheat on server [message #6419] Fri, 05 March 2021 01:54 Go to next message
KotenkA  [PM]
In a single-player game, the cheats work fine, but once you connect to the server, they are disabled. How do I get the cheats to work on the server? I play NES games
Re: Cheat on server [message #6423 is a reply to message #6419 ] Mon, 08 March 2021 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yuri Bacon  [PM]
Cheat support is completely disabled in netplay. I think it has to do with security reasons and how cheat support in netplay could make remote arbitrary code execution even more feasible than it already is.

I wish mednafen would support cheats in netplay personally, because it'd be a whole lot easier than what the DRA/BatEvo (PS1 fighting game) community has to do to work around it. We make a multi-disc .m3u file that has a gameshark disc listed first, and the game listed after, and enter all the cheat codes in there, then boot up into the game, but entering all the cheats codes in there is really really tedious, but thankfully you really only have to do it once and you can make a save state on the character select screen to use. (The gamehshark disc is also far more limited in code types and such than mednafen's cheat support, so what codes can be used is more limited in netplay.)

IDK how you would work around this in NES, but you'd likely need a Game Genie ROM or something to load the cheats, then load into the ROM, but IDK how you'd do that with ROMs instead of disc images.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
she/her
Use my mednafen servers? Contact me! https://discord.gg/ngZuC9c8Wr
Play Digimon Rumble Arena: https://discord.gg/wg5j5Np
icon14.gif  Re: Cheat on server [message #6424 is a reply to message #6423 ] Tue, 09 March 2021 03:01 Go to previous message
KotenkA  [PM]
thanks for your reply Surprised
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Radiant Silvergun 1cc
Next Topic:HELP!!
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Mon May 13 21:28:15 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.