Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Feature Requests » OpenGL ES support
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
OpenGL ES support [message #6637] Sat, 05 February 2022 06:10 Go to next message
sydarn2  [PM]
It would be cool to see OpenGL ES support so that Mednafen can be used on embedded systems which is starting to become big segment in emulation. At the moment there are no alternatives to Retroarch for systems with only OpenGL ES. These embedded systems are handhelds like Hardkernel's Odroid-Go Advance/Super, but there exist many more, and then of course single board computers.
Re: OpenGL ES support [message #6683 is a reply to message #6637 ] Thu, 31 March 2022 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
christianhaitian  [PM]
I second this request. Very Happy
Re: OpenGL ES support [message #6955 is a reply to message #6637 ] Sun, 05 November 2023 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sydarn2  [PM]
Someone got hardware rendering going with GL4ES, something I tried when i first posted this. But at that time it was not compatible with mednafen, but it seems that it's an option now.
Re: OpenGL ES support [message #6998 is a reply to message #6637 ] Sun, 07 January 2024 00:27 Go to previous message
mice  [PM]
Mednafen supports software output? AFAIK GL is only used for vsynced output and optionally shaders (scanlines, pretty scaling). So you could run it via sw right away, vsynced output would be easy, and if you want shaders you'd have to port the individual shaders.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SG-1000 palette please
Next Topic:sega cd / 32x support + netplay
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sun May 12 18:09:13 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.