Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Bugs » [PCE] 6 button controller mode bug when multitap is disabled
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
[PCE] 6 button controller mode bug when multitap is disabled [message #6710] Fri, 13 May 2022 22:19
Balthier  [PM]
Turning off multitap option does a weird thing with Street Fighter in the pce core. It causes both players control scheme to be controlled by a single input, basically you can control both controllers at the same time even with the ports 2-5 set to "none".

The only way to play a one player game is to go to the "Game Start" option and press start and once you are at the character select screen, press the 6 button mode key to play, otherwise both players become active (Ken and Ryu's portraits are lit up at the same time as if start was pressed on both controllers).

This doesn't seem like intended behavior.

Garou Densetsu Special gets wonky with multitap too. With it turned off and 6 button set as default it doesn't recognize a 6 button layout for player 1, but instead shows player 2 has a 6 button layout. Resetting the system via F11 seems to correct this (See images).
https://i.imgur.com/508AP2x.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/EOskGmz.png

Ryuuko no Ken doesn't work properly with multitap on with 6 button set up as default. No inputs from buttons III-VI get recognized. After resetting with F11 no inputs are recognized from 1st port at all, and this is with multitap still turned on in this case. With multitap turned off I can't even select options in the menu because every time I press down it jumps back up.

[Updated on: Sat, 14 May 2022 03:19]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:[PCE] Lady Sword intro audio
Next Topic:[PCE] Street Fighter II Champion Edition "massively-glitchy frames"
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 11 16:26:31 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.