Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Bugs » Linux audio (pipewire & alsa)
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Linux audio (pipewire & alsa) [message #6783] Sun, 25 September 2022 15:52 Go to next message
psyboros  [PM]
Mednafen v1.29.0 has started freezing for me on arch linux. I don't get any error feedback.

I started using pipewire about a month ago and it works with pulseaudio applications fine.
I installed 3 packages. (pipewire, pipewire-alsa, pipewire-pulse)
I've always had sound.device set to "sexyal-literal-default" but since using pipewire, I've had occasional audio crackling only when running mednafen (even when it's muted in pulseaudio controls).

Mednafen has been updated with package version "1.29.0-3" 2 days ago and now it just freezes within a couple of minutes and I have to kill the process. I changed sound.device back to default and it works fine but obviously without sound.

I'm not urgent for a fix but I was wondering why it isn't just a pulseaudio application or something. Why doesn't it just work out of the box and does pipewire change anything for developers?
Re: Linux audio (pipewire & alsa) [message #6786 is a reply to message #6783 ] Sun, 02 October 2022 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
p_______j  [PM]
Had the same same problem - I forgot where I found that advice, but setting it like this works well for me:
;Select sound output device.
sound.device pipewire

[Updated on: Sun, 02 October 2022 18:44]

Re: Linux audio (pipewire & alsa) [message #6790 is a reply to message #6786 ] Tue, 04 October 2022 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
psyboros  [PM]
I can't see any documentation on that but I've tried and it still freezes.

Maybe it will fix itself with some update or a fresh installation or something. I'm not in a hurry to fix it. I'll reply to this thread if the issue is resolved.
Re: Linux audio (pipewire & alsa) [message #6813 is a reply to message #6783 ] Sat, 26 November 2022 10:21 Go to previous message
Deway  [PM]
You're not the only one, unsurprisingly the issue is also present in Manjaro and the latest Mednafen unstable sadly doesn't fix it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:[NES] Last Action Hero - unable to continue
Next Topic:Mednafen (No Command Line Argument Specified)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 11 10:44:48 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.