Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » Bugs » [PSX] "Rock Climbing: Mitouhou e No Chousen: Alps-Hen" does not boot
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
[PSX] "Rock Climbing: Mitouhou e No Chousen: Alps-Hen" does not boot [message #6880] Sun, 23 April 2023 21:19 Go to next message
mooware  [PM]
The game "Rock Climbing: Mitouhou e No Chousen: Alps-Hen" (SLPS-00662) does not start. I tried it with BizHawk's PSX core first, which is based on mednafen. Then with Duckstation (for comparison; I know it's unrelated to mednafen). Then with RetroArch's Beetle PSX (also mednafen-based afaik). Now I tried mednafen 1.31.0-UNSTABLE. None of these show anything after the PSX boot logo.

It did work with RetroArch's PCSX ReARMed core, in that it gets to the main menu and plays music there, but then I couldn't get it to take any inputs. The same emulator did take inputs for other PSX games so I'm not sure if it's my fault or still emulation issues.

A friend also tried it on real hardware with a PSIO, and also got to the main menu. He didn't try any further so I don't know if it would have taken any inputs etc.

Supposedly it also works with epsxe but I could not get that emulator to run anything without crashing.

It does work with psxfin and I was able to actually get into proper gameplay.
Re: [PSX] "Rock Climbing: Mitouhou e No Chousen: Alps-Hen" does not boot [message #6881 is a reply to message #6880 ] Mon, 24 April 2023 13:04 Go to previous message
psakhis  [PM]
Is working on pcsx rearmed.

Not in Ares and MiSTer core.

Works on MiSTer with 8Mb ram (homebrew purposes)

[Updated on: Mon, 24 April 2023 13:27]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:psx lightgun
Next Topic:[NES] Kick Master - game freezes after 2-nd boss
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sun May 12 00:23:42 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.