Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » General » Standalone vs RetroArch?
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Standalone vs RetroArch? [message #6888] Sun, 25 June 2023 04:52 Go to next message
Garfieldwxg55  [PM]
Hi, I'm currently setting up Mednafen, and I was trying to decide whether to download and use the standalone version of the emulator, or the RetroArch core. For some emulators, the standalone and RetroArch cores are pretty much the same, but for others the RetroArch core is quite a bit worse, or even is an unofficial port.
So I was curious if anyone knew what the case with Mednafen and it's RetroArch core is, and what version might be better to use.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Re: Standalone vs RetroArch? [message #6889 is a reply to message #6888 ] Tue, 27 June 2023 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yuri Bacon  [PM]
As far as I know, all the Beetle Retroarch cores are "unofficial" in that someone else did the work to port them to a core. The Beetle cores shouldn't be noticeably or substantially different from regular mednafen in any way, so which you use is your personal preference.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
she/her
Use my mednafen servers? Contact me! https://discord.gg/ngZuC9c8Wr
Play Digimon Rumble Arena: https://discord.gg/wg5j5Np
Re: Standalone vs RetroArch? [message #6899 is a reply to message #6888 ] Sun, 16 July 2023 06:14 Go to previous message
kjace  [PM]
In Mednafen netplay is very well made. Netplay in retroarch example for 3d consoles like psx does not exists.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Gamepad Configuration Problems
Next Topic:MacOS Mednafen Installation Problems
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 11 03:04:31 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.