Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » General » Mednafen stable version: question
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Mednafen stable version: question [message #6941] Sat, 16 September 2023 11:22 Go to next message
legolas119  [PM]
Hi

i'm currently using Mednafen 1.29 stable version with Mednaffe GUI latest version 0.9.2

I see that mednafen unstable version 1.31 is available but i think that it is better to wait the new stable version.

Do you know when it will be available?

Another question: if i have to update to the new mednafen version, i have to unzip the contentc of the win64.zip package and overwrite them into my emulator folder? In this way all my configurations will be keep valid?

thank you!
Re: Mednafen stable version: question [message #6942 is a reply to message #6941 ] Sat, 16 September 2023 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yuri Bacon  [PM]
As long as you don't overwrite mednafen.cfg, your configuration and save files and everything will carry forward just fine (most likely). Nothing about configs have changed radically since 0.9 versions, which was years ago.

As far as versions go tho: unless you're looking for a particular feature or bug fix in a new version, its only as important as you make it out to be, really.

Just unzipping Win64.zip should do it, but I'm not familiar enough with mednaffe to know if it'll have an issue with this (I doubt it), and mednaffe can likely do this for you automatically when the next stable build drops.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
she/her
Use my mednafen servers? Contact me! https://discord.gg/ngZuC9c8Wr
Play Digimon Rumble Arena: https://discord.gg/wg5j5Np
Re: Mednafen stable version: question [message #6944 is a reply to message #6942 ] Sun, 17 September 2023 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
legolas119  [PM]
thanks!
I will wait the next stable release...it is better

But if i run Mednaffe, as usual, it automatically detect the next stable Mednaffe release? I don't find any option that as to be activated (something like "automatically check for updates") on MEdnaffe...
Where is it?

Thank you
Re: Mednafen stable version: question [message #6945 is a reply to message #6944 ] Thu, 21 September 2023 14:30 Go to previous message
legolas119  [PM]
hi,
does anyone know if Mednaffe automatically detects when a new stable Mednafen version is available? I'm not able to fin any option related to this feature

thank you
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Joystick (gamepad F310) not detected
Next Topic:About frameskip and desktop composition
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sun May 12 00:43:37 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.