Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » General » About frameskip and desktop composition
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
About frameskip and desktop composition [message #6953] Mon, 30 October 2023 04:50
Das0ss  [PM]
Hello! I've been using Mednafen for a couple of months now and it's my favorite emulator to date. The emulation is very accurate and the fact that there are little to no bugs/glitches really makes this emulator stand out.

Recently I downloaded MedGui Reborn out of curiosity because up until now I've been using the emulator without any interface, I was just changing the config file manually.

What exactly does disabling the frameskip option do to the games? I don't have a particularly strong rig, but it's not that weak either. My cpu is i5-7300hq and gpu is gtx 1050. According to information I found online enabling this option skips a certain amount of frames in order to help weaker systems run the games better. So, if our system is not that weak should we just disable the option?

Also, should I enable or disable desktop composition in MedGui Reborn? What does it do? As far as I know desktop composition can be disabled on Win7 but not on newer OS's.

Thank you.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mednafen stable version: question
Next Topic:Which is more accurate? nn2x or no scaler?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 11 02:03:52 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.