Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Mednafen » General » Alt+Shift+[#] is behaving strangely out of the blue
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Alt+Shift+[#] is behaving strangely out of the blue [message #7006] Sun, 21 January 2024 14:59 Go to next message
KhenemetHeru  [PM]
The other day I went to test an NES ROM and realized my xbone controller was not configured for that particular system in Mednafen, so I hit Alt+Shift+1 - and nothing happened. With much plonking around I discovered that command did nothing, Alt+Shift+2, +3, and +4 minimized the main window to where I couldn't get it back again, and +5 onward worked as expected.

I don't know when this started happening or what version, but at the time I was on v1.29.0-win64; updating to 1.32.0 didn't fix it, nor did deleting the config file or doing a completely clean installation.

I was able to get my controller configured by copying the config strings manually one by one into the appropriate buttons in the mednafen.cfg file from my previously configured PSX controls in the old file, but this isn't ideal as if the controller ID changes I don't have any way to get the new one... but why would this function stop working correctly when it worked for years on my installation (through many updates) prior? I attached the cfg file for what it's worth.

• Attachment: mednafen.cfg
    (Size: 638.52KB, Downloaded 12 time(s))

Re: Alt+Shift+[#] is behaving strangely out of the blue [message #7007 is a reply to message #7006 ] Mon, 22 January 2024 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AmatCoder  [PM]
Are you running a virtual desktop manager like Dexpot?

Those managers usually use hotkeys like Alt+Shift+(1 to 4) to move the focused window to desktop 1 to 4.
Re: Alt+Shift+[#] is behaving strangely out of the blue [message #7010 is a reply to message #7007 ] Fri, 26 January 2024 06:13 Go to previous message
KhenemetHeru  [PM]
Thank you! Yes, I am running Dexpot, and I never would have thought of this as I don't even use keyboard shortcuts and hadn't defined them, but I checked and the default apparently uses exactly those key combinations Laughing

I cleared them out in Dexpot and everything in Mednafen is working normally again. I'll have to find some obscure key combinations for Dexpot that I'll actually remember going forward!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mednafen Multiplayer
Next Topic:headered or unheadered?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sun May 12 00:26:36 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.