Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Other » General » sushi
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
sushi [message #830] Fri, 27 April 2007 00:21 Go to next message
Malducci  [PM]

I like sushi.

Re: sushi [message #895 is a reply to message #830 ] Mon, 23 July 2007 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
darkmage77  [PM]
I like pie, myself.

CRAWFISH PIE!!
Re: sushi [message #4049 is a reply to message #830 ] Tue, 02 June 2015 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RegalSin  [PM]
I will admit Sushi ( fish translated ) is good to eat but the reality it is still fish. You can also make your own Sushi.

What I hate about "Buying Sushi" is how many vendors have those over-priced packages, including "Meso-soup" from an portable Coco machine. They have no beer, or alcohol, and the juice is not natural ( or real for that matter ).

Yesterday I picked up an 13.00 pack of Sushi when I could have walked into an bar and picked up an glass of $4.00 alcohol. Again going to the super-market or distillers I could have purchased something I could have taken home.

What I do with Sushi now is that I just buy the "Farm raised" fish or "Smoked fish" ( In this case is pink Salmon. Keep it frozen and when ready, make the cuts and eat it with sticky rice balls.

I just admit I am not Japanese nore I live in Japan, and the ability to have that lifestyle is minimum, even an cheap noodles in an cup way of life is limited.
Re: sushi [message #6102 is a reply to message #4049 ] Thu, 19 March 2020 06:15 Go to previous message
jetboy  [PM]
I lived in Japan for a while. My favourite two are:
- Masazushi (鱒寿司)
- Sabazushi - especially when it's lightly pickled (鯖寿司)

TBH I don't eat a lot of sushi outside Japan because it's never done right and most of the chains don't give a stuff about the quality of the fish (or the prep). It's definitely one of those things that I like done properly or not at all.

FWIW when I was in Japan (teaching English) the family of one of my students ran a high-class sushi shop. He was an ex-sumo and his place is top notch. Oh hey, why not... their website is http://yasuke-sushi.net/menu.html (and that little kid's probably old enough to run the place now, lolz). I went there a few times... best sushi I've ever had! Sure I'm a foreigner and I dunno that much about sushi but damn... going there was life changing.

I don't agree with the 'translation' above ('sakana' = fish, sushi = sushi). However, I agree with the vibe that it's all about the fish. You're there to enjoy the flavour of darn good quality fish... no additives and BS... the fish. Those pictures aren't enhanced. When done properly, they're rolling out super fresh fish that smells like salt water (no fishie smell) and is simply delicious.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Help with Cheats
Next Topic:Dualshock DS4 led colour to show batery status - linux
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Mon May 13 18:26:31 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.