Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Other » PC Engine, PC-FX » Adpcm OMAKE
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Adpcm OMAKE [message #1287] Tue, 24 June 2008 10:53 Go to next message
Duchemole  [PM]
hi
long ago, i discovered by using "urusei yatsura"s debug mode, swapping disc, that i could listen to some other games adpcm
i also discovered some really interesting things, such as, on tengai makyo 2 cd, there are Ys soundtracks, including musics with english acting on them
on tengai makyo ziria, another Ys music, pc8801 version
on ryuukou no ken, a long drama about emerald dragon (i believe it was over 20 mn)
i'm sure there are much more other stuffs
recently, i got help from somebody who said i could convert data files to wav files using SOX
i made it, and was amazed by results, but, not everything is readable
i mean, for example, on tengai makyo2, on the waveform, i can only see/hear stuffs about Ys, noise (certainly being game data), but i lack all others adpcm about the game (nearly no voices/noises from the game)
other example, on cobra 2, i have nothing at all readable, only noise, nothing i can hear
so, i wonder if anybody has ever tried what i did ? and if anyone has a way to listen to these others pcm i can't listen to
thanks for your help (and sorry for my poor english grammar)
Re: Adpcm OMAKE [message #1386 is a reply to message #1287 ] Fri, 12 December 2008 17:24 Go to previous message
Malducci  [PM]
That is interesting. I mean, how did the game know where the other ADPCM tracks where? I definitely need to look into that Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Other systems that use the V810
Next Topic:PC-FX games for those who can't read (Japanese)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 11 12:51:04 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.