Mednafen Members Members   Search Search   Help Help   Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
Home » Other » PC Engine, PC-FX » Questions
Show: Today's Messages  :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Questions [message #1422] Tue, 10 February 2009 09:50 Go to next message
cualquiercosa327  [PM]
Hello,i would like comment an mistake on
http://forum.fobby.net/index.php?t=msg&th=246&start=0&

the first line is :
tar -jxvf newlib-1.14.0.tar.bz2

Now i am trying to test it and saw it.

I also have some questions.
I wanna extract audio/videos of some pc-fx games.(tengay maykyou and battle heat).
I found a website with some programs and scripts for doing it.
http://pc-fx.moemoe.gr.jp/colume.html
http://pc-fx.moemoe.gr.jp/mixhokan.html

and the utils:
ta2mix
ark2mix
ars2mix
mixex
cddump
fxview
rolfree
mix2avi
mixplay

I dont understand what is ta,ark and mix format,is a real format of pc-fx games or an external format where videos are converted?
I tried the script for zenki,and it worked.(i was able to extract zenki videos) and play with mixplay program.

But i have problems with the game i am interesting.
Only two tool work with them:cddump and rolconv

with the first it took a lot of time ,and it doenst ask me anything (i stoped it and i have a file i can open with mixview (the photo viewer),but only a few frames.And the video viewer is unable to see it.

some help? thanks

also other question,i would like how to make windows can be use the cd,and see the files,i can insert it and make run with emu,but i am unable to see the filesystem

thanks
dani

Re: Questions [message #1423 is a reply to message #1422 ] Thu, 12 February 2009 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator  [PM]
PC-FX games don't use ISO-9660 or UDF. The data tracks are just big binary blobs of concatenated data, with game-specific sector-offsets and lengths, AFAIK.

As for those utilities, I've never used them, except for mixplay(to test the encoder that came with Gmaker).

[Updated on: Thu, 12 February 2009 13:16]

Re: Questions [message #1425 is a reply to message #1423 ] Fri, 13 February 2009 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cualquiercosa327  [PM]
hi.Thanks for the answering.
I have also a question,are going to be implement an underclocking of cpu for pf-fx emulator? I test it on other emu and the games work fine (it seem only uses the mjpeg decoder and no many cpu)

Re: Questions [message #1515 is a reply to message #1422 ] Sun, 12 July 2009 03:55 Go to previous message
Administrator  [PM]
(Woo, late reply)

I don't plan on allowing underclocking of the emulated CPU, as I'm aiming more for accuracy than speed for the PC-FX, at least as well as I can with limited knowledge and CPU performance.

It may happen if I work on a faster, less accurate V810 emulation core, but don't wait for it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:PC-FX games for those who can't read (Japanese)
Next Topic:How to handle?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ ]

Current Time: Sat May 11 06:50:29 CDT 2024
.:: Contact :: Home ::.